New album: 2019 release confirmed by Madonna in new interview

spazz

3 hours ago, dollhouse said:

Why no singles between the albums? It doesnt require anything.

Aldo Diaz can do the artwork and no-physical needed.

The video could be a cutnpaste from her MDNA skin adds. Guy O. can edit it or her children or gardener.

I am laughing but you are right.

Technically they could release three singles/videos/songs before the album drops and then once it does be done with it all together to concentrate on the tour. My gut feeling is telling me that M is a creature of habits and is more or less accustomed to a shall we say "traditional" way of doing things.

7 hours ago, acko said:

Into The Groove - her movie

Crazy For You - she sings it in the movie

Live To Tell -  her husband

Who's That Girl - her movie

This Used To be My Playground - She was in the movie

I'll Remember - Her good fried, aka the director of the movie asked her

Beatiful Stranger - Her buddy, the star of the movie asked her.

American Pie - Her friend & co-star forced asked her.

OH.

Thank you, @acko:kiss2:

And Die Another Die was MGM ... and with Austin Powers, Guy Oseary was the executive producer of the whole soundtrack, so he was involved. And M herself was the executive producer of the whole soundtrack for The Next Best Thing. 

7 hours ago, dollhouse said:

Why no singles between the albums? It doesnt require anything.

Aldo Diaz can do the artwork and no-physical needed.

The video could be a cutnpaste from her MDNA skin adds. Guy O. can edit it or her children or gardener.

This makes it sound like there is no creative effort required to release a song or single or video. If she’s not done or not ready, she’s not done or not ready. Can’t release something that doesn’t exist or isn’t finished. Or do we really want to hear endless complaints about the mixing and mastering issues again? Let her complete her creative process and let the technicians do their part in polishing the product, before the marketing team grinds into gear. (If there is any team left, that is...)

9 hours ago, functions_X said:

she should release the album whenever it's ready and whenever she is ready for promo.

However,r I wish she would go back to releasing one movie song in between albums... they were always huge hits and kept the focus on her in between albums... a great standalone  single would certainly increase interest in the next album

Maybe we’ll get a Clean Bandit collab instead? That article says the Clean Bandit album is still to be released this year. There were some rumors maybe they had gotten together with M. Or speculation, I should say, because of the IG video M posted, and Clean Bandit’s response, expressing positive thoughts about recording with her.

And Cher posted that she is cool with them but it “didn’t work out” or whatever. Wasn’t it @Suedey who conjectured that might mean it fell through because they got Madonna to feature instead? 

It’s probably crazy to hope, but maybe we’ll get something (NOT the album, or the first single, but some feature or something) before 2019. Doubtful. But you never know. (Between all that “Queen” / secret Met Gala rumor with Nicki Minaj, then Maluma and Clean Bandit, I keep thinking something has to happen eventually. Everyone is working that way these days, features and cross pollinating. Madonna has been doing it since Ricky Martin, I don’t know why she’d stop now...)

Guest eroticerotic

I wonder why she won’t do one offs anymores? Back in the day it felt like we had a lot of stuff between albums. And it’s much easier to create music nowadays. 

her last one offs were Hey you or Sing if you count that, both in 2007.

We could have had a new track in 2016 with Highlights but she was cut from Kanye’s  album.

🤷🏻‍♂️

7 hours ago, Cyber-Raga said:

I am laughing but you are right.

Technically they could release three singles/videos/songs before the album drops and then once it does be done with it all together to concentrate on the tour. My gut feeling is telling me that M is a creature of habits and is more or less accustomed to a shall we say "traditional" way of doing things.

So much for Guy saying they were doing "non traditional" promo. What does that even mean

6 hours ago, peter said:

Maybe we’ll get a Clean Bandit collab instead? That article says the Clean Bandit album is still to be released this year. There were some rumors maybe they had gotten together with M. Or speculation, I should say, because of the IG video M posted, and Clean Bandit’s response, expressing positive thoughts about recording with her.

And Cher posted that she is cool with them but it “didn’t work out” or whatever. Wasn’t it @Suedey who conjectured that might mean it fell through because they got Madonna to feature instead? 

The tracklist for Clean Bandit's new album was revealed a week ago, and M isn't featured on any songs. 

The new Clean Bandit album - titled What Is Love? - does, however, feature collaborations with acts such as Luis Fonsi, Craig David, Stefflon Don, Rita Ora and Charli XCX. With one exception, the album also includes all singles released by Clean Bandit in the past 2½ years.

12 hours ago, jonski43 said:

What's the point? I doubt they'd get much airplay if there wasn't a big project attached. She struggles with airplay and charting so it would be a lot of effort for little gain.

She may as well try and get that killer first single with an album and do it all together.  

You think she will get airplay somehow?

You dont miss her music?

7 hours ago, peter said:

This makes it sound like there is no creative effort required to release a song or single or video. If she’s not done or not ready, she’s not done or not ready. Can’t release something that doesn’t exist or isn’t finished. Or do we really want to hear endless complaints about the mixing and mastering issues again? Let her complete her creative process and let the technicians do their part in polishing the product, before the marketing team grinds into gear. (If there is any team left, that is...)

Polishing the product sound worrying, too much polishing and overthinkin can ruin and suck the soul out of the "product" (see case Aviccii demos)

It’s a shame she didn’t do a soundtrack song for one of the Twilight films considering Guy O’s involvement in those.

Seemed like a missed opportunity and more effective way of introducing her to a younger generation ala Beautiful Stranger.

39 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

You think she will get airplay somehow?

You dont miss her music?

Of course I miss her music but we know she's struggling with airplay and one random single now will be over in a couple of weeks. It's a lot of effort for not much result.

6 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

Of course I miss her music but we know she's struggling with airplay and one random single now will be over in a couple of weeks. It's a lot of effort for not much result.

But theres miniscule effort. Just put it on iTunes and thats it. Let the fans do thr rest.

It can be called buzz single a la Mimi.

18 hours ago, Confessit said:

They certainly did Warner’s handle many major soundtracks as well so it’s cross promotion if there own rather than loaning out.

I know there are experts in here on how it works so I won’t comment in detail !

Was her last soundtrack Die Another Day? Gosh that was almost 20 years ago! 

"Masterpiece" is waving at you from 2011 :tigger:

14 hours ago, rebelheart said:

Yes he is still attached alongside Mirwais & possibly Edgar Barrera...

excited for Billboard and Mirwais. Not the other one tbh

Imagine if a preorder went up for the album, without a release date, without the tracklist, without the artwork...

4 hours ago, Carta said:

"Masterpiece" is waving at you from 2011 :tigger:

It wan never released properly as a single though annoyingly which is why I didn’t include it in the list.

New story on her insta story. Feet on a desk, the papers under her feet are numbered with big numbers in the top right corner of the paper. Could she be deciding the tracklisting etc? Or do we think she's actually still recording stuff?!

3 minutes ago, robster said:

New story on her insta story. Feet on a desk, the papers under her feet are numbered with big numbers in the top right corner of the paper. Could she be deciding the tracklisting etc? Or do we think she's actually still recording stuff?!

I think we are past recording now and in mastering.

I saw the story and thought track listening straight away !