New album: 2019 release confirmed by Madonna in new interview

spazz

4 minutes ago, Jitterbug said:

Well she's in her 60s so it's only natural she's taking things slow.. It's very unlikely she's going to score another Confessions or HU so she may as well just sit back, relax and enjoy living in the real world as she ages through her 60s.

I reckon it's only going to get slower and more far in between when we reach the 2020s...

I guess. I think i need to accept and  face the reality and adjust to the term. But  what a ride it  has been since her debut. Im thankful for her  long years givings to fans.

1 minute ago, veroelectronica said:

I guess. I think i need to accept and  face the reality and adjust to the term. But  what a ride it  has been since her debut. Im thankful for her  long years givings to fans.

Exactly. Better make the most of the last years of the 2010s because this is prob the most we will ever get from now on...

39 minutes ago, veroelectronica said:

Me too. She wasted her time promoting  all  those boring mdna skins and adopting more kids. For 4 years  she was non existent artistry. It was heartbreaking to see her stop herself from growing as an artist. I know she has  worked so long and vigorously. But why  stop for 4 years? 

Adopting a kid can hardly be a waste of time. 

2 hours ago, veroelectronica said:

Me too. She wasted her time promoting  all  those boring mdna skins and adopting more kids. For 4 years  she was non existent artistry. It was heartbreaking to see her stop herself from growing as an artist. I know she has  worked so long and vigorously. But why  stop for 4 years? 

Yeah go up to her adopted kids and tell them Madonna wasted her time adopting them. She should’ve left them to rot in that orphanage. :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, runa said:

Wasting her time adopting kids ??? Come on now............. :rolleyes:

we need help.. professional help 😄

6 hours ago, Kim said:

I kind of agree. Madonna's my favourite star but she's nowhere near essential to my social media. I get that she is to some, and that she herself may feel there's a danger to being out of the public eye for too long, but I don't think the transition into the digital age has been as seamless for Madonna as it could/should have been.

👏🏼🙏🏼 Absolutely.

5 hours ago, veroelectronica said:

Hey, she's not dead 😉 p.s.: you're right..what a ride.. she changed the landscape of pop music (I read it somewhere)  and a lot of wannabes are following her steps..I mean.. they follow exactly what she did 20 years ago.. but they can try to replicate what they think was a strategy.. the  issue is that they think she was doing something accurately planned but she was simply growing and  I don't think growth has something to do with the "let's follow her same path" attitude 🙂

4-5 years is nothing really.

Compared to some of my other favourite female artists:

Grace Jones took 19 years to release her last album and its been another 10 years since that waiting for the new one.

Siouxsie hasn't released any music in 11 years.

Kate Bush's last album was 7 years ago.

So yeah for a 60 year old artist who's been in the business for over 35 years she's still very prolific.

5 minutes ago, humanracin said:

So yeah for a 60 year old artist who's been in the business for over 35 years she's still very prolific.

I agree. Some of her entitled fans represent what is wrong with today’s society and should shut the fuck up. 

8 minutes ago, Plaything said:

I agree. Some of her entitled fans represent what is wrong with today’s society and should shut the fuck up. 

Amen

These latest recording sessions sound pretty normal to me. What I have notice, this time around though, is the impatience of many fans. Already in March people were screaming from the roof top that the album would drop by April or whatever. because the tea leaves said so. And surely Beautiful Game had to be the lead single to be released like tomorrow. Meanwhile Love Makes the World Go Round is still waiting for a single release which M performed in the summer of 1985 while True Blue dropped more or less one year later.

I, too, would love for the album to be released now but M is a creature of habits and she will do what she has always done when it comes to recording. With the exception of Like a Virgin, Bedtime Stories, and MDNA it always takes one year (give or take) for a new album to be written, recorded, mixed, and eventually released. 

Having said that, yeah she took one year off because of her family and maybe because of her next movie project. But 2018 has been all about writing, recording, producing. 

I enjoy the speculation (not bitching or mindless moaning and groaning), tidbits from official announcements, clips (audio/video), teasers, interviews, BTS footage, etc. all in good fun! some of these posts sound like you have a gun in your mouth locked and loaded. Being dramatic for an upcoming M release is predictable and understanding, but c'mon don't pollute MNation with senseless tomfoolery.

Can't wait!!! :tigger:

4 minutes ago, shelita-buffet said:

Is this seriously a question?

From her intern in social media yes, what is interesting is that after posting memorabilia now he/she is asking and referencing the new album, that’s cool. 

1 minute ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

Mark my words. It wont happen.

We were close with MDNA! Plus Madonna's videographer films everything, so I think there's a good possibility!

I'm only saying this due to the lack of info we have about this album, and just hopeful promises of something to come next year!

Fingers crossed!

7 hours ago, Edivad said:

For me too, It better be great!

It better be MORE than great !

17 hours ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

We technically got the RHT DVD to tide us over and a snippet of Beautiful Game hehe

I'm trying to forget the abysmal editing & cuts from that DVD :lmao:

22 hours ago, Maleficent said:

Technically it will be exactly 5 years since we first got new music by the time the album comes out. RH pre-release 2014, new album winter/spring 2019 

5 years is too long in this day & age. Back in the day, Tranet had large gaps between studio release but released a ton of singles per album and comps in between.

18 minutes ago, Ghost Town said:

5 years is too long in this day & age. Back in the day, Tranet had large gaps between studio release but released a ton of singles per album and comps in between.

Except it has NOT been five years!! 

I’m starting to get irritated with people’s creative math. In December, it will be FOUR years since we got the first six tracks of RH. Then we got three more before the rest of the RH album was released in March. In March 2019, it will be four years since the last release of new recorded material. (And that is discounting the RHT, which some are willing to consider — it is an official release, after all. Just not completely “new” unheard songs.)