New album: 2019 release confirmed by Madonna in new interview

spazz

15 hours ago, Msig said:

The tracklist for Clean Bandit's new album was revealed a week ago, and M isn't featured on any songs. 

The new Clean Bandit album - titled What Is Love? - does, however, feature collaborations with acts such as Luis Fonsi, Craig David, Stefflon Don, Rita Ora and Charli XCX. With one exception, the album also includes all singles released by Clean Bandit in the past 2½ years.

Oh ... well, that ship has sailed, then. Thanks so much for taking the time to share all of this info, @Msig! You’re very kind. Too bad this is yet another non-event in terms of Madonna’s recording output.

Here’s to 2019, then!

So sick of MDNA Skin; bring on the new album already!!!

9 minutes ago, iasonas said:

2008-2012 says hello.

She didn’t really take her time with MDNA though, so we cannot compared that timeline. William Orbit basically confirmed it and we all know that W.E was her main priority. This time she feels more eager and invested to create a masterpiece. 

51 minutes ago, Plaything said:

She didn’t really take her time with MDNA though, so we cannot compared that timeline. William Orbit basically confirmed it and we all know that W.E was her main priority. This time she feels more eager and invested to create a masterpiece. 

I agree.

I am pleased she isn’t directing before completion of the album as I feel MDNA was rushed as she spent so long doing WE.

MDNA was rushed by her recent standards, she began recording in July & finished by November 2011.

Compare that to RH :

Began recording in March & finished by December 2014,

& The new album :

Began recording in January & still not finished...

1 hour ago, rebelheart said:

MDNA was rushed by her recent standards, she began recording in July & finished by November 2011.

Compare that to RH :

Began recording in March & finished by December 2014,

& The new album :

Began recording in January & still not finished...

What previous album of hers took the longest to record?

If i'm not mistaken, both Erotica and American Life took almost 11 months to write and record.

If she is making changes I do hope it's because she changed her mind and not because of pressure from Guy or anyone at the label or anything! She seemed passionate and inspired during the making of the album!

11 minutes ago, zephyralexxx said:

I am sure something happened, meanwhile... I know someone who works at Universal Romania and the first single (not the album) was scheduled for 15th Sept., but even if I didn't have this info, I am 100% sure the album was scheduled for 2018, not 2019. 

Maybe the record company or smb else convinced her that BG would not set the charts on fire??? Maybe she is still looking out for the smash that would make her the talk of the town like it was last with HU? At least I hope so.

Guest CzarnaWisnia

Her kids listened to her record and complained there wasn't any trap or rent-a-rappers on it, therefore she went back to the drawing board.

1 hour ago, zephyralexxx said:

I am sure something happened, meanwhile... I know someone who works at Universal Romania and the first single (not the album) was scheduled for 15th Sept., but even if I didn't have this info, I am 100% sure the album was scheduled for 2018, not 2019. 

when did she do this interview....maybe a while back when recording the ads and she planned to release it in 2019, but since then she changed her mind and it is going to be fall..

1 hour ago, zephyralexxx said:

Since when do you know that "someone" ?

15th Sept was a Saturday btw

It clear she’s re-recording all the vocals, because the record company couldn’t hear any of the words with the  Grillz.   😋

4 hours ago, zephyralexxx said:

That's very interesting! We need some real tea like that instead of just speculating. Try to get more information from that source. Lol.

5 hours ago, zephyralexxx said:

Interesting.

I to think the schedual has changed.