Gay activist lynched to death in Greece

Apples388

Oh,God.It's good that it reached here,at least. Since Friday ,when it happened ,media and some authorities are relentlessly attempting a cover up,demonizing Zak, burying and manipulating evidence etc. Zak was a VERY prominent member of the greek gay community.Probably everyone who is gay in Greece knew of him . A great guy and a HUGE loyal Madonna fan .

I still can't believe this happened to him .I ,like many others ,are shaken to the core . Loads of misanthropist reactions to the incident ,this murder has brought out Greek society's true and cruel colors.Truly ,what happened to him is one of my biggest fears ,a lynch mob of self righteous pigs acting as law. Till Friday i thought it stemmed from my neurosis but it appears it's not there without reason.

He was a fighter in life and became a great symbol ,sparking great public debates ,in death

1 minute ago, V.K said:

Oh,God.It's good that it reached here,at least. Since Friday ,when it happened ,media and some authorities are relentlessly attempting a cover up,demonizing Zak, burying and manipulating evidence etc. Zak was a VERY prominent member of the greek gay community.Probably everyone who is gay in Greece knew of him . A great guy and a HUGE loyal Madonna fan .

I still can't believe this happened to him .I ,like many others ,are shaken to the core .People reaction's are . A lot of misanthropist reactions to the incident ,this murder has bring out Greek society's true and cruel colors.Truly ,what happened to him is one of my biggest fears ,a lynch mob of self righteous pigs acting as law. Till Friday i thought it stemmed from my neurosis but it appears it's not there without reason.

He was a fighter in life and became a great symbol for the community in death

V.K,  So sorry.  What a disgusting brutal horrible death.  Just mind boggling and horrifying that this could still be happening.  The men who killed Zak should all be jailed for life.  Lynch mobs are disgusting violent examples of human barbaric ignorance, intolerance and cruelty.  RIP Zak. 

5 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

V.K,  So sorry.  What a disgusting brutal horrible death.  Just mind boggling and horrifying that this could still be happening.  The men who killed Zak should all be jailed for life.  Lynch mobs are disgusting violent examples of human barbaric ignorance, intolerance and cruelty.  RIP Zak. 

@Jazzy Jan it's incomprehensible ,my mind resists to process i'm living next to such monsters .Happened very few blocks from where i work.Makes one feel personally threatened .Anger and horror are my two moods since Friday (when the media was still reporting "an anonymous drug addict",LIES ,as if it really was a drug addict it would be OK to just lynch him to death)

I was considering leaving the country ,now it feels urgent

1 minute ago, V.K said:

@Jazzy Jan it's incomprehensible ,my mind resists to process i'm living next to such monsters .Happened very few blocks from where i work.Makes one feel personally threatened .Anger and horror are my two moods since Friday (when the media was still reporting "an anonymous drug addict",LIES ,as if it really was a drug addict it would be OK to just lynch him to death)

I was considering leaving the country ,now it feels urgent

It is incomprehensible and I am so sorry it happened near where you work as well.  How the media or anyone could try and cover this up and de value human life adds to the horror of it. 

2 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

It is incomprehensible and I am so sorry it happened near where you work as well.  How the media or anyone could try and cover this up and de value human life adds to the horror of it. 

Exactly .Most of the community stands in solidarity,thankfully,and i really hope we won't let this one pass .

21 minutes ago, V.K said:

Oh,God.It's good that it reached here,at least. Since Friday ,when it happened ,media and some authorities are relentlessly attempting a cover up

Is that why some are saying he was trying to rob the store? The media is disgusting.

7 minutes ago, Barbie said:

Is that why some are saying he was trying to rob the store? The media is disgusting.

Yes ,there is no such evidence .And the guy was nothing like that ,truly .There are videos from the incident and more to come.I cant yet  stomach to watch them ,after 2 secs i stop. Witnesses' reports are very contradictory till now 

Let's suppose he did  try to steal , do you lynch him to death? That's jungle law

p.s. that's his last profile picture ,with M featured 😭

p.s. Î— εικόνα ίσως περιέχει: ένα ή περισσότερα άτομα, υπαίθριες δραστηριότητες και κοντινό πλάνο

Disgusting and appalling. Seems like the world is spiraling backwards into a lawless violent shithole. The fact that there even is a discussion about this and people defending the shop owner and the other mobsters... says it all really. 

The man was trying to steal a jewelry store and he tried to escape according to reports .The owner of the store with at least another man brutally kicked him when zack tried to exit the store. That what cameras showed. Three coroners who are trying to determine the cause of his death ( one is representing the family ) clearly stated that the beating is not the cause of his death He was not beaten cause he was gay Some now say that he got scared ,entered the store because there was a fight going on outside and got trapped inside the store 

• 1 month later...