New album: 2019 release confirmed by Madonna in new interview

loowee

7 hours ago, rebelheart said:

Song descriptions began to surface in August 2014 on DrownedMadonna.com, Madonnarama & The Sun newspaper. 

Because they bought them from the hacker. The situation is different now.

On 9/24/2018 at 12:18 AM, Nightshade said:

It's on the "Rain" Wikipedia page. Here is the Mondino commercial: 

I don't really think it rips off Mondino, but I think the lighting aspects, stark color palette, and "close-up face" aesthetics are very similar. That's more filming technique than direct artistic borrowing, but that's just my assessment.

I think the Tellier album cover is definitely referenced in the Rebel Heart cover, but I don't think I'd argue for plagiarism. I bet she liked the idea, but as always, puts her own spin on various concepts. It's not like there is a copyright on wrapping a wire around your head. She also liked the vibe of M/M (Paris)'s work on Björk's Vespertine and Greatest Hits albums which led to the deconstructed, black and white design on American Life. All of this is nothing new.

Well, M/M did the American Life album cover and I think it has nothing to do with the Bjork covers mentioned. Of course the style is similar since the people that worked on it are the same. Doing a Mondino cover with Mert&Marcus is another thing,  Tt's too similar and it's not like everybody does a cover with wires on the heads. Both are also black and white. 

13 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

Well, M/M did the American Life album cover and I think it has nothing to do with the Bjork covers mentioned. Of course the style is similar since the people that worked on it are the same. Doing a Mondino cover with Mert&Marcus is another thing,  Tt's too similar and it's not like everybody does a cover with wires on the heads. Both are also black and white. 

Ugh can we move on from this please. It was boring three pages ago and it still is.

3 hours ago, BrendanT1993 said:

Honestly I keep seeing all the talk about a suprise release and I think to myself, why. Personally I don't think a suprise release would work for her, she's not Beyoncé and it could backfire. Madonna sells well when she has a record label behind her who go out of the way to promote the record instead of just dropping it out of the blue like some people

Having said that I would maybe like to see her go independent one day, start her own record label and self release.

She could also service a pre- and post-recording agreement to hold the producers, writers, artists, and engineers liable for the leakage, sharing, placement, and playing of the music. Oh and don't email your songs, as email accounts can and have been hacked into. Keep a lock on your computers, phones, and devices.Turn WiFi off too.

That's how I would prevent leaks but i'm not Guy O

You are right but even if Madonna had her own label she would need a big distributor. I work for a label (classical music) and that is exactly how it works. Sometimes it is much more difficult for small, independent labels to be successful than for bigger ones. What she need is more support and specially a good PR management.

6 hours ago, BrendanT1993 said:

Honestly I keep seeing all the talk about a suprise release and I think to myself, why. Personally I don't think a suprise release would work for her, she's not Beyoncé and it could backfire. Madonna sells well when she has a record label behind her who go out of the way to promote the record instead of just dropping it out of the blue like some people

Having said that I would maybe like to see her go independent one day, start her own record label and self release.

She could also service a pre- and post-recording agreement to hold the producers, writers, artists, and engineers liable for the leakage, sharing, placement, and playing of the music. Oh and don't email your songs, as email accounts can and have been hacked into. Keep a lock on your computers, phones, and devices.Turn WiFi off too.

That's how I would prevent leaks but i'm not Guy O

Clearly you’re not. Otherwise, we would have avoided the leaks. 

I blame guy for the leaks and everything else. 

2 hours ago, Geiger83 said:

You are right but even if Madonna had her own label she would need a big distributor. I work for a label (classical music) and that is exactly how it works. Sometimes it is much more difficult for small, independent labels to be successful than for bigger ones. What she need is more support and specially a good PR management.

Heard that Guy? I know you’re reading this you cunt.

5 hours ago, Katypatra said:

A surprise release will shatter the media and turn the world upside down! I’m not advocating for it, but if it did happen, it would be a huge success! Why? Because she’s Madonna and all of her preorders always go number 1 around the world! Then with leaks people canceled their preorders! But imagine no preorder, just a straight up release! It would all be permanently sold! She’d kick your Beyoncé’s one dimensional butt! 

This would be a disaster. Madonna needs a bit of buzz, excitement, good previews and word of mouth to make a lot of people interested again. A surprise release with no build up and no expectations would go to No 1 on iTunes worldwide for a few days due to the core fanbase then drop like a stone..

18 minutes ago, GOD said:

Heard that Guy? I know you’re reading this you cunt.

We all hope he heard that 😉

Unfortunately Guy has stopped doing a good job with Madonna long time ago. But I think she is also partially responsible for that. The problem is that artists often get stuck in such situations where it is very difficult to find a new agent, just because it works like a relationship: both parts know everything about each other, get used to each other but somehow stop inspiring each other. There is a chance it works again, but both sides must want it. I suppose the flame between Madonna and Guy has gone... 

2 minutes ago, Geiger83 said:

Unfortunately Guy has stopped doing a good job with Madonna long time ago. But I think she is also partially responsible for that. The problem is that artists often get stuck in such situations where it is very difficult to find a new agent, just because it works like a relationship: both parts know everything about each other, get used to each other but somehow stop inspiring each other. There is a chance it works again, but both sides must want it. I suppose the flame between Madonna and Guy has gone... 

Gone in the rose mist. :sick:

33 minutes ago, Geiger83 said:

Well Guy Harrington was waiting in the wings ready and waiting (and no doubt plotting) to replace Freddy. He was probably clever enough to ensure that no new talent ever got close enough to Madonna to replace HIM. The woman who now takes on a lot of Madonna's management duties, Sara Zambreno, is an acolyte of Oseary and nothing special at all.

50 minutes ago, Kim said:

This would be a disaster. Madonna needs a bit of buzz, excitement, good previews and word of mouth to make a lot of people interested again. A surprise release with no build up and no expectations would go to No 1 on iTunes worldwide for a few days due to the core fanbase then drop like a stone..

This.

A surprise release is a huge risk. I hope that she does what everybody else is doing, which is to release a few songs and videos before the album. That's the industry standard at the moment and I suppose it's the optimal roll out in the streaming era. That means that there is only time for a single in 2018 and album in 2019.

14 minutes ago, DreamTheater said:

A surprise release is a huge risk. I hope that she does what everybody else is doing, which is to release a few songs and videos before the album. That's the industry standard at the moment and I suppose it's the optimal roll out in the streaming era. That means that there is only time for a single in 2018 and album in 2019.

I pray for this as well it’s the norm in the industry these days.

That said I have thought at times she releases like it’s still 1997.

Guest NewYorkCam

It'd be nice if she releases 2 singles before releasing the album .. that'd help their chances at charting and build excitement for the album.

36 minutes ago, NewYorkCam said:

It'd be nice if she releases 2 singles before releasing the album .. that'd help their chances at charting and build excitement for the album.

I would love this too but I’m certain she will do it the old school way and I doubt many videos will be released for this era. I’m seeing two video and a tour. I wish she would surprise us with like 5-6 videos. I mean, she’s close to being a billionaire, even if it’s her money, I don’t get why she doesn’t get inspired to really flesh out visuals like she once did. I wish I understood when/why that kind of went away within her...? I still love the videos she’s released recently...I just wish she would give us a massive release, whether or not it’s accepted as such (see fergie’s visual album 😂) but just unveil something refreshing that you haven’t done before. 

I’ve said before but I honestly believe a surprise release would be disastrous for her in terms of sales.  This isn’t the True Blue era where the GP would buy a record of her farting into the microphone for an hour.  Promo is the best bet, and a couple songs to showcase the album, but not 6(!!!!) like RH.  I don’t know why we are still obsessed with charts and sales anyway.  She isn’t.

People are still talking about a 'surprise release' after a whole year of her posting updates about recording music and debuting a new song a few years ago? Clearly some have an interesting definition of a 'surprise' .

22 hours ago, Maleficent said:

My record has no plan 

But I'm not concerned 

I've made some beautiful songs 

But you'll never know

My fans tell me to put it out

That through RH I should've learned 

But I'll keep my beautiful songs 

Cuz I'm not concerned

:chuckle:

Obviously people mean surprise release without telling us its coming that day.  I think only Eminem was able to release an album without anyone knowing he was even recording.

Either way she wont sell a lot without singles. Surprise is exciting for fans but others need to know shes releasing.