MadonnaNation.com Forums
Lolo

Favorite Original Movie Scores

I "liked" this also....

Anyone remember Vangelis?

3 hours ago, todsmod said:

And we surely can't forget this classic!

I always was asked to play this on the piano for people - everyone loves it.  Fantastic song - the song lifted the movie to higher heights. 

9 minutes ago, runa said:

Anyone remember Vangelis?

Love Vangelis.  Gets the drama and epic way of music for movies.  This is wonderful. 

Oh... @todsmod! I posted the 1492 but didn't realize you posted Chariots of fire by Vangelis too... my bad ! Both are epic music, imo but 1492 sounds a little tacky and dated these days...

Do you guys know the Vangelis music for The Bounty (1984)? Great movie by the way with an amazing Anthony Hopkins. The opening scene with the ship sailing in the South Pacific and the Vangelis music underlining the absolute tension, temptation and somewhat hostile atmosphere in what looks like paradise is just perfection! 

1 hour ago, Lolo said:

Do you guys know the Vangelis music for The Bounty (1984)? Great movie by the way with an amazing Anthony Hopkins. The opening scene with the ship sailing in the South Pacific and the Vangelis music underlining the absolute tension, temptation and somewhat hostile atmosphere in what looks like paradise is just perfection! 

I'm at work right now. I'll give it a try later today,   🙂

@Jazzy Jan  You always bring such good topics/great music in times of drought!!  Thank you!  @runa No tackiness detected w/Vangelis.  Their scores were so dramatic (as the movies) and took you to another time and place.  @Lolo  Timeless music that touches the heart/soul and only enhances the viewing experience.  This shit never gets old!!!!!

better with you around.gif