MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kokot

Eurythmics

Eurythmics ... So many classics. Wish they would get together again for a greatest hits tour.

torn on my side!!!!!!when tomorrow comes,there must be an angel,sweet dreams...even their last album, after a few years separated,.was wonderful.I find 17 again extremelly sad and beautiful.

I've loved them even longer than I've loved Madonna. Their discography is FLAWLESS.

savage, you have placed a chill in my heart, i need a man, Beethoven song, missionary man, who's that girl....

SO MANY SONGS!!! 

Love the Eurythmics and There must be an angel is one of my favourites.  They had some amazing hits that have stood the test of time. 

How sexy and hypnotic is Love is a Stranger 

They're sheer pop brilliance. The diversity of their catalog is criminally underrated. As are their videos, which were some of the best ones to come out of the 80's. I just love everything about them.

Annie Lennox is right up there with Madonna and Tori Amos for me. She has one of THE best voices in pop music. There's just this aching vulnerability to it. Diva and Medusa are absolutely flawless  in my opinion. 

Never divulged into their albums either, maybe only one.  But have always loved Annie's voice and attitude (except for her M diss...about M's ta-ta's)...but that's just her view.  Anyway, always like "Who's That Gurl"...vunnin' around with you!!!   

The Eurythmics have such a great back catalogue.

I remember listening to "Revenge" quite a lot in the 90's and consider that album to be their very best.  "Missionary Man", "Thorn In My Side", "When Tomorrow Comes"... amazing.

1. Savage
  2. In The Garden
  3. Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This)
  4. Touch
  5. Be Yourself Tonight
  6. Revenge
  7. Peace
  8. 1984 (For The Love Of Big Brother)
  9. We Too Are One

Touch is one of my favourite albums ever. And their early videos are timeless masterpieces, they were pop video pioneers.

Top 10:

Sweet Dreams

Here Comes the Rain Again

Missionary Man

I Need a Man

You Hurt Me (And I Hate You)

Thorn in My Side

You Have Placed a Chill in My Heart

A Little of You

There Must Be an Angel

Who's That Girl

On 9/12/2018 at 10:35 PM, Magician said:

Yaassss! One of my favorite videos of all time. :confessions:

This one blew me away on first listen.

FANTASTIC duo

On 9/13/2018 at 3:35 AM, Magician said:

Yaassss! One of my favorite videos of all time. :confessions:

A good example of an old youtube video being upgraded in situ without it affecting the views. Looks great in 4k. I'd say imagine Madge doing something similar, but of course that'll never happen. Maybe in the year 2068 or something.

6 hours ago, Kim said:

A good example of an old youtube video being upgraded in situ without it affecting the views. Looks great in 4k. I'd say imagine Madge doing something similar, but of course that'll never happen. Maybe in the year 2068 or something.

Oh wow. If annie lennox can do it why cant we have this with Ms videos. they must  have the negatives somewhere. Sad indeed

I never get why no one mentions It's Alright (Baby's Coming Back). It's such a great song

as a kid I was a MASSIVE Eurythmics fan, a total pre-teen loon :lol:

Beethoven has always been my favorite Eurythmics video, and one of my favorite videos overall, such an undiscovered gem... and the song is unbelievable, totally subversive and unlike anything else.