New NIKE campaign caused controversy

spazz

1 hour ago, Nikki said:

so what did the guy do to provoke such reactions? I saw the clip and they talk about how he's outspoken about injustice.. what are they talking about? he went a little too far with his opinions?

This all started about 2 years ago when he would kneel during the playing of the our National Anthem at the beginning of football games. He was taking a knee in silent protest of racial injustice and the innocent killing of black men and woman by white cops during petty traffic stops. It really wasn't that big of a controversy until our Racist In Chief began tweeting about it 24/7 and screaming about it at his authoritarian rallies in PoDunk America. Then he, Fox News, and his minions began saying he was 'protesting the flag and OUR TROOPS'. 

Which is a blatant lie. But it worked. Middle America was APPALLED AND AGHAST that a bunch of BLACK football players wouldn't just SHUT THE FUCK UP and throw the ball. How DARE they take a knee in silent protest while our National Anthem is being played! 

So now Nike picked him to represent the Just Do It 30th anniversary campaign and all hell has broke lose again. It's one of the most unbelievable displays of fake outrage I've ever seen. You have these fucktards literally burning, cutting, destroying, and ripping up their Nike clothing in protest. Merchandise that's already bought and paid for. AND they're giving Nike a shit ton of free publicity. 

It's a funny thing to watch. Maybe instead, these pro-flag, pro anthem, pro-troop, pro-America TRUE AMERICANS could, oh I don't know, maybe donate their Nike gear to the poor, homeless veterans they pretend to care so deeply about. 

57 minutes ago, KalamazooJay said:

This all started about 2 years ago when he would kneel during the playing of the our National Anthem at the beginning of football games. He was taking a knee in silent protest of racial injustice and the innocent killing of black men and woman by white cops during petty traffic stops. It really wasn't that big of a controversy until our Racist In Chief began tweeting about it 24/7 and screaming about it at his authoritarian rallies in PoDunk America. Then he, Fox News, and his minions began saying he was 'protesting the flag and OUR TROOPS'. 

Which is a blatant lie. But it worked. Middle America was APPALLED AND AGHAST that a bunch of BLACK football players wouldn't just SHUT THE FUCK UP and throw the ball. How DARE they take a knee in silent protest while our National Anthem is being played! 

So now Nike picked him to represent the Just Do It 30th anniversary campaign and all hell has broke lose again. It's one of the most unbelievable displays of fake outrage I've ever seen. You have these fucktards literally burning, cutting, destroying, and ripping up their Nike clothing in protest. Merchandise that's already bought and paid for. AND they're giving Nike a shit ton of free publicity. 

It's a funny thing to watch. Maybe instead, these pro-flag, pro anthem, pro-troop, pro-America TRUE AMERICANS could, oh I don't know, maybe donate their Nike gear to the poor, homeless veterans they pretend to care so deeply about. 

so that's what this "take the knee" thing is. I kept hearing about it but never really looked into it. As usual the right is exaggerating a small thing (which was meant as a positive gesture toward POC) and they turn it into an anti patriotic message. Thanks for explaining 🙂

I applaud Nike for this for defending human rights and supporting the rights of people to protest against racism that pollutes the USA.    The over-reaction of Trump supporters is expected and people burning their Nike gear is senseless as they have already payed for it.   Just wish Nike would itself look at it's own behaviour as well  - and stop using sweat shops around the world to make their products and exploiting poor people with dreadful working conditions and wages.  

8 minutes ago, Magician said:

:lmao:  Classic gif - Vanessa from Eastenders - with sound she keeps yelling "  Bubbly's in the fridge"  which was on the note she found proving her partner was unfaithful. 

Saw those Trump white racists all over social media - what a hateful horrible lot of people. 

Kelly Clarkson is copping it from Trumpsters for defending Nike for standing up for people to express their opinions.   People telling her that they regret voting for her on American Idol, that she supports traitors etc and to  just shut up and sing etc .  

Things like this make me so happy I'm not in the U.S. Of everything that's wrong with the world, THIS is what riles people up in the U.S.:lmao:

Ohhhh we've been slaughtering people and causing havoc in the middle east for decades, but OH MY GOD a Nike ad :dead:

Trust me, the majority of us are embarrassed beyond words at the state of our country. 

And I don't see a way out of this mess any time soon. Impeaching Trump or voting him out in 2020 won't solve anything. This political tribalism on the right that encourages and promotes racism, sexism, and nationalism is going to be with us long after he's gone. 

I always said that electing him would open up a Pandora's Box of bullshit that we wouldn't be able to stomp out for at least a generation. 

It's worse than I ever imagined.  

On 9/9/2018 at 10:58 PM, ULIZOS said:

Things like this make me so happy I'm not in the U.S. Of everything that's wrong with the world, THIS is what riles people up in the U.S.:lmao:

Ohhhh we've been slaughtering people and causing havoc in the middle east for decades, but OH MY GOD a Nike ad :dead:

I dont get why the americans are so offended by Kaepernick.

they didn’t learn from hollywood movies teaching humanity & tolerance that racism is a bad thing.

i didnt know who he is till i saw on social media ppl r burning Nike shoes. The guy is so lovely , human ; i looked into his speeches and loved him 

13 hours ago, spazz said:

I dont get why the americans are so offended by Kaepernick.

they didn’t learn from hollywood movies teaching humanity & tolerance that racism is a bad thing.

i didnt know who he is till i saw on social media ppl r burning Nike shoes. The guy is so lovely , human ; i looked into his speeches and loved him 

He's a beautiful human being. 

The attacks on him are absolutely disgraceful. I never in my life thought I'd witness such outward racism towards someone that's played out on a national stage. That's PERPETUATED and ENCOURAGED by a sitting U.S President. 

I hang my head in shame lower and lower every day with what is going on in this country. 

2 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

He's a beautiful human being. 

The attacks on him are absolutely disgraceful. I never in my life thought I'd witness such outward racism towards someone that's played out on a national stage. That's PERPETUATED and ENCOURAGED by a sitting U.S President. 

I hang my head in shame lower and lower every day with what is going on in this country. 

Trump will fuck off and his history will be forgotten & americans will wake up from that nightmare, its just a matter of time.

i believe in the future there will be a biopic movie dedicated for Kaepernick.

On 9/14/2018 at 1:38 PM, spazz said:

Trump will fuck off and his history will be forgotten & americans will wake up from that nightmare, its just a matter of time.

i believe in the future there will be a biopic movie dedicated for Kaepernick.

🤔🤔🤔

aren’t you a TRUMP fan? You clearly were during last election... 🤔

• 4 months later...