Billboard: 5 Things We Want From Madonna's Next Album

11 minutes ago, Fender said:

If she would release one of the songs metioned in "A Return to Upbeat, Escapist Pop …" now , would it be as successful as then?

Those songs were products of their time. A song she released in the 80s wouldn't work in 2018. But this is a woman who has hits that span decades, she's capable of releasing another classic in this day and age it's just yet to happen. I would say Hung Up is a classic. That was over a decade ago, though.

First thing I don't want for the next Madonna album is a leak of unfinished songs or demos, so that we could have expectations and comments on how to improve this or that and automatically build our own disappointment.

I don't want 20 songs either. It seems to me RH would have been a stronger album with 12 songs (even though we would all make different choices).

Guest eroticerotic

rebel heart and mdna do have a "collection of songs/ideas" vibe despite having some of her best material and containing some of my favorite M songs.

I noticed her most successful albums have a unified sound. I hope her next album is more like it's own world the way  Like A Prayer, Confessions, Music, Ray Of Light, or even American Life are!

On 8/31/2018 at 11:05 PM, Barbie said:

I trust Madonna and Mirwais and that's all I'm gonna say on the subject.

I know what you mean. I don’t need five demands of anything. I just need the one and only Madonna. 

On 9/1/2018 at 12:19 PM, Fender said:

If she would release one of the songs metioned in "A Return to Upbeat, Escapist Pop …" now , would it be as successful as then?

Who cares? Her hit days are over. “BIM” charted (barely) cuz a bunch of teens watched it on YouTube for the celebrity cameos.

Fans need to stop with the “would this be successful” and “she needs to do this or that to get attention.” She should stop chasing trends, focus on the music, and release a good album. It doesn’t matter if it sells 10 million copies or 10,000. If the music is good, listen to it, and stop caring whether it sells.

(And before someone comes in here foaming at the mouth and screams “She could still get a hit a Europe!!1!” — Take a deep breath, and wake the fuck up. Her label for this next project is still Interscope, which has shown Z-E-R-O interest in promoting her. Maybe if she ditches Interscope for album 15 she could get a hit in Europe, but until that time let’s just stop pretending she has chart potential and focus on the music.

On 9/3/2018 at 3:50 AM, eroticerotic said:

rebel heart and mdna do have a "collection of songs/ideas" vibe despite having some of her best material and containing some of my favorite M songs.

True. Falling Free and Superstar do not belong on the same album.

18 hours ago, material_boy said:

Who cares? Her hit days are over. “BIM” charted (barely) cuz a bunch of teens watched it on YouTube for the celebrity cameos.

Fans need to stop with the “would this be successful” and “she needs to do this or that to get attention.” She should stop chasing trends, focus on the music, and release a good album. It doesn’t matter if it sells 10 million copies or 10,000. If the music is good, listen to it, and stop caring whether it sells.

(And before someone comes in here foaming at the mouth and screams “She could still get a hit a Europe!!1!” — Take a deep breath, and wake the fuck up. Her label for this next project is still Interscope, which has shown Z-E-R-O interest in promoting her. Maybe if she ditches Interscope for album 15 she could get a hit in Europe, but until that time let’s just stop pretending she has chart potential and focus on the music.

Amen

On 9/12/2018 at 3:52 AM, dollhouse said:

i want from her next album that these cunt reviewers would not review her music anymore, shes above this shit

Agree, you have ‘reviewers’ who just take it as an opportunity to bash someone they didn’t like anyway. 

As a fan, I’m here with unlimited love and support. Let’s get ready to unite and make this album a HUGE success.

Of course I would love M to have a worldwide smash with a great quality pop song... but at the same time I want her to fulfill her artistic and personal vision and release the music that she believes in and that makes her happy as an artist.

That said, I really hope she doesn't release something that she thinks will primarily become a hip cool smash for the kidz, because that kind of defeats the artistic part of her persona. What I am hoping for is a cool innovative high quality pop song that's an undeniable hit and an undeniable quality track.... Like Frozen for example, it was cool and new and fresh without any artistic compromises, and it clicked with everyone because it was genuine and an undeniable smash.

2 hours ago, functions_X said:

Of course I would love M to have a worldwide smash with a great quality pop song... but at the same time I want her to fulfill her artistic and personal vision and release the music that she believes in and that makes her happy as an artist.

That said, I really hope she doesn't release something that she thinks will primarily become a hip cool smash for the kidz, because that kind of defeats the artistic part of her persona. What I am hoping for is a cool innovative high quality pop song that's an undeniable hit and an undeniable quality track.... Like Frozen for example, it was cool and new and fresh without any artistic compromises, and it clicked with everyone because it was genuine and an undeniable smash.

Yeah. Well, I think many songs from RH were absolutely fantastic and are top quality. From my point of view Madonna is on top of her game and kicking serious ass as she always has done. The fans know that. The dumb general public probably don’t. That’s why I say we unite as one fan base and prepare for the album. No infighting (:lmao:). Get your wallets ready to buy multiple copies of the album and stream the hell out of it. We can’t control the general public but we can control ourselves. 

This is a nice article that sums up how EVERYONE feels I think. But this is nothing new. These wishes have been so strong from her core fanbase for years now and it doesn't seems she's affected that much by them. I loved when it was reported she went back to work with Mirwais. Taking into account her bitching about writing camps it felt like she "learned her lesson". But what makes me wary is that some other names have popped up in relation to her new album. So either it will be a mix of various producers with different genres, or she's still trying to find a good match for her new album, so I'm not really sure any of these wishes are finally going to happen. All we can do i wait and see I guess.

On 8/29/2018 at 6:27 PM, dcbyebyebaby said:

Stopped reading after they said RH only had 7 good songs.

Yeah I can't find one good song there either.

What I really want is cohesiveness!! Give me an album, not just a random collection of songs. Confessions has some shoddy songwriting, but it all flows together gloriously!! Rebel Heart has some strong melodies, but overall it just feels a little messy and lacking in direction. Hoping Mirwaïs plays a big part, not like Orbit on MDNA.

20 minutes ago, MerGirl said:

I’m hoping for great reviews for this album. Getting a hit would be fun but feels unsure because of the current climate, but a critically acclaimed album would honestly be even better.

i’m hoping for great album. reviews come and go, it’s all about flavor of the month. 

let’s not forget that critics were assholes to erotica, called bedtime stories weak, dissed american life and some of them even praised rebel heart as her best album since ray of light.

so yeah, critics.

9 hours ago, iasonas said:

Well, this is basically what everyone has been saying for almost 10 years now.

Maybe it's time for someone to listen then?!

6 hours ago, rebelheart said:

Why is the new album thread locked?:blink:

Because it's nearly at 1k replies which means a new thread is required.