MADONNA's EPIC NEW ALBUM discussion thread

28 minutes ago, YannBouch said:

If a new publicist means new eyes on everything maybe we are in for a treat!!! 

Ok about the new eyes on everything, but if the late pubblicist left for a better role then the replacement is a replacement 🙂

4 minutes ago, YannBouch said:

Yes but you know, I'd rather stay positive haha 

I know, I see you point 🙂

1 hour ago, RyanAnth4 said:

I didn’t know she had a publicist , since Liz retired.

Agreed. It felt like she was her own publicist...maybe this replacement will actually manage publicity and respond to inquiries instead of her using IG Snapchat to respond to everything. 

2 hours ago, Katypatra said:

New publicist!!! Yay!! But who is this Luke Burland? 

This article reveals a few things: https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/6882121/luke-burland-exits-warner-bros-records-publicity-post-after-15-years

1. It’s a female publicist. (Wasn’t clear due to the name.)

2. Was a VP at Warner for 16 years, left in 2016. 

3. Is married to the former president of both Warner AND Maverick. 

Here’s to hoping she is still inspired; she clearly has the chops. 

As for the other guy, assuming he and M have a good relationship it can only be good news for Madonna, since he’s going to be a top dog at Apple Music. 

18 minutes ago, Phineaspoe said:

This article reveals a few things: https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/6882121/luke-burland-exits-warner-bros-records-publicity-post-after-15-years

1. It’s a female publicist. (Wasn’t clear due to the name.)

2. Was a VP at Warner for 16 years, left in 2016. 

3. Is married to the former president of both Warner AND Maverick. 

Here’s to hoping she is still inspired; she clearly has the chops. 

As for the other guy, assuming he and M have a good relationship it can only be good news for Madonna, since he’s going to be a top dog at Apple Music. 

Thank you for this! Very informative. 

13 minutes ago, Suedey said:

What are your Christmas plans because let’s face it m14 is coming in 2019 

My plans are to listen to MDNA over and over and over again. I love that album.

Anyway, here in the Czech Republic, general public know 4 Minutes as her last single and from time to time I hear Give It 2 Me too. Radios haven't played anything from MDNA or Rebel Heart. She has no company to push her there.

4 hours ago, Suedey said:

I think ppl are aware but they’re not interested and largely because let’s face it she has not had a strong single since 4 Minutes

Ghosttown had potential but it was wasted 

I absolutely could not disagree with you more.  The whole music industry has decided to roll around in the mud.  Music, over the last decade, has been prescribed, uninspired, and unworthy.  The people that are raking in all of the "hits" are cultural counterfeits devoid of anything special.  Hits today are ridiculously determined and will not stand the trst of time.  I have been around the Madonna Camp a good while and she is something special.  Perhaps, M is too special for the industry that is in shambles or its consumers that have no original thoughts .  I will take Madonna's last album over almost any album  produced in the last ten years by anyone else.  Rebel Heart was inspired.  "Musicians" nowadays take no chances... make no statements... and have no effect for change.  Madonna's mere presence in the current industry makes many statements.  She continues to sell more albums than most artists all the while opening people's hearts and minds.  Madonna carries a message, always has.  Madonna was always a genuine artist despite being accused of being a fame junkie.  Is the flavor of the month gonna really gonna take down the truth and the message of Madonna? People aren't disappointed in Madonna's singles, they are disappointed that they cannot force her back into the cage.

4 hours ago, Suedey said:

I think ppl are aware but they’re not interested and largely because let’s face it she has not had a strong single since 4 Minutes

I agree. GMAYL wasn't exactly epic (even though I always found it to be catchy and cute) and LFL was a total snooze. Unfortunately the first single is the deciding factor for many casual fans. If they don't like the single or don't find it interesting, they probably won't be checking for the album. It is what it is.

I find it very odd that we are now into September and we don't even have a whisper of the lead single.

Unless we get something official soon we may be looking at a March 2019 release. That doesn't make sense with the "soons," the VMA appearance, and VOGUE Italia, but we are IMO too late in the year. Hopefully we will hear something in the next couple of weeks.

We could still be surprised. After RH leaking she may be keeping this very close to the vest until she's ready to release it. Who knows, she could announce the album and drop the single in the next two weeks.

3 minutes ago, strictmachine said:

But everyone knows the password is CANDYSHOP...

Nope. She changed it to MYSUGARISRAW 

source: Kabbalah center at Tel Aviv 

2 minutes ago, shelita-buffet said:

Well it's not like she ever instagramed the address and password to her server back in 2014...

If Madonna came out and said "hey guys! new music coming in the next few weeks!" the hackers/leakers would be working overtime looking for ANYTHING in the database they could get their disgusting fingers on. I like it this way. I would only feel comfortable with Madonna making such announcement IF she upped her security regarding the recordings and stuff like that. Nothing stored on cloud drives etc etc. Taking every possible precaution to avoid leakage.