MADONNA's EPIC NEW ALBUM discussion thread

1 minute ago, Vinny said:

Remember when Stephanie had the balls to say a few months ago that Madonna didn't write her own songs, trying to stir shit up like it's 2012?

and to see her stupid fans and madonna haters get pretentious and go: "She's right."

NO SHE ISNT.

Just now, Nikki said:

and to see her stupid fans and madonna haters get pretentious and go: "She's right."

NO SHE ISNT.

My favorite thing about that was that it happened around the same time M was being nominated (? or honored in some way) by Billboard for her work as a songwriter and lyricist and Patrick Leonard was giving interviews/posting on IG about how he would play her demos and she would sit down and write iconic/loved/critically-acclaimed songs like Like a Prayer and everything else from that album in like five minutes.

I mean... I almost feel bad for Stephanie. She just sorta stopped trying (no disrespect for any of her fans in this forum, but... come on...).

10 minutes ago, strictmachine said:

Who’s looking for justice? If it happens - cool. If it doesn’t happen - cool. I just don’t see it as being a negative thing should it actually happen, unlike the way some people around here make it sound. 

I see what you mean .

I just think that when you are a creative persona competition is an insult to the name of Art , awards are mere commercials , they re all about the benjamins 

43 minutes ago, Katypatra said:

A surprise single is possible. Why not? Album is to be released by the end of the year. It’s already August. I’m just saying...

And then you'll be the 1st crying  out loud if it doesn't happen. Once again, you hype yourself up, you're in for another big disappointment. 

13 minutes ago, Vinny said:

My favorite thing about that was that it happened around the same time M was being nominated (? or honored in some way) by Billboard for her work as a songwriter and lyricist and Patrick Leonard was giving interviews/posting on IG about how he would play her demos and she would sit down and write iconic/loved/critically-acclaimed songs like Like a Prayer and everything else from that album in like five minutes.

I mean... I almost feel bad for Stephanie. She just sorta stopped trying (no disrespect for any of her fans in this forum, but... come on...).

wasn't there also another interview with a guy who worked on ROL who literally said he was annoyed with people discrediting her as a songwriter? I forgot his name.. but I know he's a very well respected guy in the songwriting field

21 minutes ago, Nikki said:

wasn't there also another interview with a guy who worked on ROL who literally said he was annoyed with people discrediting her as a songwriter? I forgot his name.. but I know he's a very well respected guy in the songwriting field

Not sure if this is what you are referring too as it was in the Music era, but I remember Joe Henry saying that.

On 8/12/2018 at 9:52 AM, VogueErotic said:

I read that the lead single is already prepared and the album is probably getting mastered. 

I believe this.

maybe a little off topic, but with this being her last album for Interscope, would it be better for her to go independent? she has the money. couldn't she just do that from now on?

45 minutes ago, Nikki said:

Rick Nowels

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Nowels

43 minutes ago, peppermint said:

Not sure if this is what you are referring too as it was in the Music era, but I remember Joe Henry saying that.

not him, but thanks. that's another name/reference to add to the pile of people who actually respect her and don't discredit her work.

19 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

yes, him! thank you! 🙂

18 hours ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

Im not just talking about Granmys. Every single time someone brings up Madonna appearing on something some fans on here start with the "that shows shit" "that award show is beneath her"    Well you can continue to live in 1990 but in 2018 Madonna needs to be on these shows. Also most fans want to see her appear on shows and actually promote. 

:clap:Agree

1 hour ago, idro said:

I see what you mean .

I just think that when you are a creative persona competition is an insult to the name of Art , awards are mere commercials , they re all about the benjamins 

I fully agree - ALL awards shows are total bullshit driven mainly by industry politics rather than actual artistry or talent. Nonetheless, I would still consider it a positive thing should they decide they want to recognize new music by madonna during a show that is watched by 20 million people, regardless of its impact on sales. I don’t think there’s any negatives to that...it’s not like she’s pandering to them like some other “artists”. 

1 hour ago, Vinny said:

She was nominated to the Songwriters Hall of Fame at the same time this happened and had already been announced as Billboard’s Woman of the Year...jeez people, it was less than two years ago

:lmao:

19 hours ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

Im not just talking about Granmys. Every single time someone brings up Madonna appearing on something some fans on here start with the "that shows shit" "that award show is beneath her"    Well you can continue to live in 1990 but in 2018 Madonna needs to be on these shows. Also most fans want to see her appear on shows and actually promote. 

tenor.gif

14 hours ago, peppermint said:

x350.jpg

Well, we are getting closer and closer to something. Madonna YouTube site, on Home page, now has 8 swim lanes as of today. They added back in as 4th row Uploads.  :) Maybe it will be a birthday video, maybe more. (For now, I will be happy with birthday celebrations videos, raising money for Malawi updates. I still feel a single, will be coming SOON)

Madonna YouTube Site 8.15.18.JPG

30 minutes ago, CalinB said:

Well, we are getting closer and closer to something. Madonna YouTube site, on Home page, now has 8 swim lanes as of today. They added back in as 4th row Uploads. 🙂 Maybe it will be a birthday video, maybe more. (For now, I will be happy with birthday celebrations videos, raising money for Malawi updates. I still feel a single, will be coming SOON)

Madonna YouTube Site 8.15.18.JPG

I wish she would upload the bts Vogue Italia video... It was so cute and beautiful I need it in hq not just insta quality 

7 hours ago, Bill said:

I'd like this sound on the new album.  Actually, I wish this was M's new single.  :lol: I'm obsessed with this song.

I really hope the new album sounds nothing like Anywhere or anything by Rita Bora for that matter.

I dont really feel we'll get anything tomorrow....just pictures of her birthday partys...maybe she's waiting for september so she can actually promote the single on television?

2 hours ago, runa said:

And then you'll be the 1st crying  out loud if it doesn't happen. Once again, you hype yourself up, you're in for another big disappointment. 

Lol the only thing I “cried” about was M being absent on Nicki’s new album. But that one was hyped up pretty much by everyone. If M releases her single tomorrow or not, I’m okay with both. Just saying that everything is possible. 

1 hour ago, Mensch said:

What are swim lanes? 

You know when you're at the pool in the gym and there's a fast lane and a slow lane and you have swim clockwise or anti-clockwise as signposted otherwise you swim into other... 

Oh.

Three more "birthday" countdowns. #magic is has tagged on all. I really hope that this countdown is about an imminent release.

26 minutes ago, YannBouch said:

What is this? It's a playlist they put under album right next to rebel heart, mdna etc... 

probably her team fucking up as usual, LMAO