MADONNA's EPIC NEW ALBUM discussion thread

11 minutes ago, shelita-buffet said:

Janet and her team hit all the right notes.

1. Proper day of the week for release 
  2. No gap between radio and video release
  3. TV performance day of release
  4. Lots of social promo leading up to release date

I'm happy for her for once. And I'm curious to see how all the Madonna fans here will react when the song charts on the hot 100 lol.

Janet actually put effort into the video! I just watched it and it’s amazing! And I don’t even like Janet. Actually kind of resent her. But! 

This is what I’m talking about when I beg Madonna to stay the fuck away from Mert and Markus and give us a real damn video, not just a sexy photo shoot aka GGW. Living for Love video was boring too. Sorry but at least for the first single, the video gotta be nothing short of amazing! So it can grab people! 

1 hour ago, Katypatra said:

Janet actually put effort into the video! I just watched it and it’s amazing! And I don’t even like Janet. Actually kind of resent her. But! 

This is what I’m talking about when I beg Madonna to stay the fuck away from Mert and Markus and give us a real damn video, not just a sexy photo shoot aka GGW. Living for Love video was boring too. Sorry but at least for the first single, the video gotta be nothing short of amazing! So it can grab people! 

Madonnas real last ok video was GMAYL, but unfortunately the song sucked big time. GGW was a sexy photoshoot as you said. TUTR lacked any vision or budget (she looked great though). LFL video was cheap and uneventful. So was Ghosttown. BIM was fun, but didn't have any repeating value. In short: it has been like a decade or more (to be honest for me it has to be WIFLFAG video) when she had an interesting, groundbreaking, awe inspiring video. Frozen, TPOG, DW/SFL and NRM were all excellent videos with GREAT ideas and concepts that were effortlessly cool. Hopefully her next video is on their level, if she wants a return to form. But she has to spend money and hire a real director with a real vision.

7 minutes ago, elijah said:

Madonnas real last ok video was GMAYL, but unfortunately the song sucked big time. GGW was a sexy photoshoot as you said. TUTR lacked any vision or budget (she looked great though). LFL video was cheap and uneventful. So was Ghosttown. BIM was fun, but didn't have any repeating value. In short: it has been like a decade or more (to be honest for me it has to be WIFLFAG video) when she had an interesting, groundbreaking, awe inspiring video. Frozen, TPOG, DW/SFL and NRM were all excellent videos with GREAT ideas and concepts that were effortlessly cool. Hopefully her next video is on their level, if she wants a return to form. But she has to spend money and hire a real director with a real vision.

Wow! That is all that I have to say.  Wow!

i maintain my love and admiration for the LFL video . It was never going to set the world on fire but it stands as a beautiful work of art , effortless and beyond trends (the Nietzsche misspelling my only complaint)

49 minutes ago, elijah said:

At least her recent videos are better than the mess during Hard Candy era. Oh and Get Together... what was that? Lol Anyway, the thing about Madonna is that she can do a crappy video and still be on top!

I just hope she finds a better director and invests some more money into the videos of Magic era. Especially now that she’s being recognized for her effort on BIM. But I’m not setting my expectations too high...

Just now, Alejandrogr said:

Not really, Madonna will present the video of the year

Oh... oops! It’s been a crazy busy morning 😂

38 minutes ago, V.K said:

i maintain my love and admiration for the LFL video . It was never going to set the world on fire but it stands as a beautiful work of art , effortless and beyond trends (the Nietzsche misspelling my only complaint)

I agree my only issue with it was the quality. It looked so pixilated and grainy !?

But the visual of LFL and RH was so strong loved the matador theme it was beautiful.

5 minutes ago, Confessit said:

I agree my only issue with it was the quality. It looked so pixilated and grainy !?

But the visual of LFL and RH was so strong loved the matador theme it was beautiful.

That's the issue a lot of fans have with  parts of the editing in her latest releases , MDNAtour onwards , (which evidently, is the work of her very own hand in the process :chuckle: )

1 hour ago, elijah said:

BIM mv should have been something like this:

it was directed by Joseph Kahn so

On 8/19/2018 at 6:33 PM, MerGirl said:

Madonna tagged the wrong account 

Lol at the people thinking this photo shoot is for the album 

it’s a photo booth type thing they have in parties and weddings just for fun. She did the same thing for her oscars party with the paper eating business. Some of you really were born yesterday 

1 hour ago, Steve said:

Madonna presenting Video of the Year at MTV Awards....beginning of promo tour for M14.  🤞🏻 

9DC995F7-5824-4BB5-B720-E1CD2EA0B74A.png

:tigger:

5 minutes ago, rebelheart said:

Hope she's back in NYC to shoot the album artwork later in the week?

Well, she has been back in NYC since  yesterday!!!  She will be presenting at the USA MTV awards tonight!!!!!  This is BIG!

Show starts at 5 PM PST/California time  (8 PM EST - NY time zone).

11 minutes ago, JayMac said:

Any chance she could be doing a surprise performance tonight?

I don’t think so, she just come back from Morroco and this kind of thing need work. 

Edited by Orangema

2 hours ago, caba1 said:

BIM mv should have been something like this:

it was directed by Joseph Kahn so

That's very Britney's Womanizer music video.

But I get what you're saying. The difference seems to be that this video had multiple shoots till they got the scenes right (as it is done in every video), while BIM's video looks like it was done in a hurry, lacking those perfect scenes that multiple shoots (till they got "the one") would find.

38 minutes ago, Rock said:

That's very Britney's Womanizer music video.

But I get what you're saying. The difference seems to be that this video had multiple shoots till they got the scenes right (as it is done in every video), while BIM's video looks like it was done in a hurry, lacking those perfect scenes that multiple shoots (till they got "the one") would find.

No. I was talking about the concept of the video. BIM is just a remade of the performance that she did on Jimmy Fallon and looks cheap af. I remember how disappointed i was with the biggest opportunity of that era and how bad was the reaction to the video and those cameos

Oh. But those music videos/live performances mashups did happen before: Frozen, Hung Up, Living For Love, Like A Virgin, Don't Tell Me, her Borderline look... BIM wasn't the first time.

2 hours ago, Gabriel Ciccone said:

Music isn't a Q3 release? 

I an confused too.  Released September 18, 2000.  That isn't 3rd quarter?

18 minutes ago, sul8323 said:

I an confused too.  Released September 18, 2000.  That isn't 3rd quarter?

Yes you are both right.  I always think of it as coming out in October which is incorrect.  And it's basically my favorite album, so flop fan here :lmao:

1 hour ago, Orangema said:

I don’t think so, she just come back from Morroco and this kind of thing need work. 

I totally agree with you, but why would she commit to being a "presenter" in NYC just days after her long B-day week. Doesn't seem worth it. Especially having just stepped off a plane.

28 minutes ago, JayMac said:

I totally agree with you, but why would she commit to being a "presenter" in NYC just days after her long B-day week. Doesn't seem worth it. Especially having just stepped off a plane.

BECAUSE SHE IS THE MOTHER OF MTV and she is 60 years old and still living.

MTV needs a real living legend to end the show.