MADONNA's EPIC NEW ALBUM discussion thread

4 minutes ago, Kim said:

I remember the RH album cover and pics being a huge surprise when they were unveiled (and so they should be) I don't think she'll tease them.

This ... I think, in retrospect, we could tell when they posted a photo or two from behind the scenes — I think Mert (or Marcus?) posted a photo of her together with him, and, knowing what the album shoot ended up being, we can tell that was the shoot. But I wasn’t aware at the time. Maybe others were.

You’re right - that project with Klein has yet to be revealed. It’s been “done” for a while — there were those photos on Klein’s birthday where she was behind a camera, but there was a photo even earlier where she was seated on some sort of backless couch and you could see the corset from behind. It was in black and white. That was even earlier — I wanna say February or something? Maybe March. Still, it would have to be “ready” by most conventional standards. Unless there is some outrageously elaborate amount of post, right?

11 minutes ago, peter said:

This ... I think, in retrospect, we could tell when they posted a photo or two from behind the scenes — I think Mert (or Marcus?) posted a photo of her together with him, and, knowing what the album shoot ended up being, we can tell that was the shoot. But I wasn’t aware at the time. Maybe others were.

You’re right - that project with Klein has yet to be revealed. It’s been “done” for a while — there were those photos on Klein’s birthday where she was behind a camera, but there was a photo even earlier where she was seated on some sort of backless couch and you could see the corset from behind. It was in black and white. That was even earlier — I wanna say February or something? Maybe March. Still, it would have to be “ready” by most conventional standards. Unless there is some outrageously elaborate amount of post, right?

Maybe she's been filming several videos for some of the songs for months for a Netflix special based around the album.

We had a hint in November on instagram and the official artwork December in a rush as we know. 

The interview Magazine was out not long after but none of the photos included this look. So I remember we knew and or assumed that it was for the album

D13E8C96-15E5-4293-84B9-4F9F35B681A0.png

12 minutes ago, stevo208 said:

Maybe she's been filming several videos for some of the songs for months for a Netflix special based around the album.

:dramatic:

9 minutes ago, YannBouch said:

We had a hint in November on instagram and the official artwork December in a rush as we know. 

The interview Magazine was out not long after but none of the photos included this look. So I remember we knew and or assumed that it was for the album

Hmm ... It’s quite possible I was just not able to pay attention to all of this. (Not to throw in a depressing sidebar detail like it is a footnote or anything, but my grandmother was hospitalized and passed away in November 2014 — so my family and I were completely preoccupied and overwhelmed with other matters. And then when the six-track rush release happened in December ... I mean, the holidays are always busy enough, but we were dealing with packing up and moving my grandmother’s belongings etc. I was grateful for the new Madonna music, but I wasn’t able to pay as much attention to everything as I might have otherwise...)

Wow. I didn’t originally intend to write all that! All I was going to say was that her nails in that IG shot are the same as the nails on the Rolling Stone cover. (I was gonna say Interview ... but now I’m remembering ... the Interview was the one with David Blaine and there were three covers and I could not get one anywhere...) Oh well. Point is, many of the album shoot photos get used for publicity, so we see them elsewhere anyway. (Like the beautiful shots where she is wearing the leopard print under a sweater — one sweater is red, the other is white... Those were gorgeous shots used in the press and on keychains for RHT. But I don’t think they’re in the album booklet — unless I’m forgetting it. (Deluxe vs Super Deluxe debacle, etc.) But that was all the same shoot.

Well even now I still wouldn't look at that pic and think "RH artwork". I suppose it's possible there's a hidden hint among her IG selfies or something. I do hope it's a big huge surprise though.

1 minute ago, Kim said:

Well even now I still wouldn't look at that pic and think "RH artwork". I suppose it's possible there's a hidden hint among her IG selfies or something. I do hope it's a big huge surprise though.

Precisely!

Ah ok ok for that yes. Maybe it was a random assumption from like Madonnarama and or drowned that appeared to be true that’s why I got the idea that we knew the album was shoot during November 

28 minutes ago, YannBouch said:

For me I think of that artwork 

062BA616-B498-49ED-9A57-83942C29C543.jpeg

Wait so is this a wig cuz she has dark roots in the Mert and Marcus selfie... 

i do agree tho, I think the artwork for M14 is def done 

2 minutes ago, Maleficent said:

It's a wig

I don't think it's a wig I just think it's been lightened up in post processing. Famed hairdresser Garren did those shots (which is another reason why all this "Andy/Aaron are in such and such location with Madonna" means nothing when it comes to her album artwork as she usually uses a different PRO beauty team for for her album covers)

22 minutes ago, Maleficent said:

It's called photoshop.

1 hour ago, YannBouch said:

Tbhis was clearly the album shoot , the nails are also there and the hair is the same from the cover

2 hours ago, Kim said:

It was very obvious and clear at the time that it was the album artwork. 

2 hours ago, Mat.Guy said:

It was very obvious and clear at the time that it was the album artwork. 

The only thing that was clear is that she was having a photoshoot, which at the time, when the album was still (originally) 3 months away could have been for anything.

3 hours ago, Starman said:

Tbhis was clearly the album shoot , the nails are also there and the hair is the same from the cover

No one's saying it isn't.

2019 is looking more and more likely. No way is the first single coming in September which means November would potentially be the earliest but even then... I don't know... I mean, we had an album title and snippets and stuff and the Motorola advert by August/Sept when Confessions was released in November '05 so I am not holding my breath at all. 

It looks increasingly more like the Hard Candy / MDNA / Rebel Heart schedule: bulk of the album done before summer, then summer holidays, followed by more work on the album, then winter holidays, then promo cycle and release for spring. 

5 minutes ago, Suedey said:

2019 is looking more and more likely. No way is the first single coming in September which means November would potentially be the earliest but even then... I don't know... I mean, we had an album title and snippets and stuff and the Motorola advert by August/Sept when Confessions was released in November '05 so I am not holding my breath at all. 

It looks increasingly more like the Hard Candy / MDNA / Rebel Heart schedule: bulk of the album done before summer, then summer holidays, followed by more work on the album, then winter holidays, then promo cycle and release for spring. 

So you believe that Madonna was wrong in her Vogue Italia interview? And on the Kelly Rippa interview?

3 minutes ago, sul8323 said:

So you believe that Madonna was wrong in her Vogue Italia interview? And on the Kelly Rippa interview?

She did not say she was releasing an album in 2018 in either interview. So have a sit. 

4 minutes ago, runa said:

I disagree.

Sept = 1st single

Nov = album

I’m pretty sure everything is canned, we just don’t know anything.

I hope you are right but hope is a dangerous drug and I'd rather not be disappointed.