MADONNA's EPIC NEW ALBUM discussion thread

46 minutes ago, Icykiller said:

People did not rush to buy RH because of her Living for love performance at the grammys. I even dare say general audiences were hardly aware she had a new album out. So no, I am also of the opinion that awards and performances at award ceremonies is futile. Any new fans she gets at this point is welcomed, but marginal, hardly a dent in the bulk of her target audience. Thankfully, as @Martin B. already said, she's still putting new music out there rather than profiting from nostalgia.

Nonsense. I’ve seen gay kids at my university, born in 1998 onwards, become fans after seeing Award show performances.

a straight guy I hated at a previous job in 2008 told me he bought the Hard Candy album after catching the tour performance of ‘devil wouldn’t recognize you’ on TV.

new fans are appearing all the time with each era & so they should!

I wish we weren't so hung up on chart performance at this point.

I mean, Madonna has been around for 35 years. She has proven ALL...

What I want is good music, and a fun concert tour. I realize Madonna has her family, and she wants to express herself. That should be all that matters. It's very difficult for an "old"(don't kill me) act to capture the younger audience that buys records. If she can do it, great. But I'm not gonna hold onto that, I just want a good record.

56 minutes ago, YannBouch said:

Award shows debate is boring. Next 

Youre welcome to start the next conversation.... which one is more exciting?

MDNA Skin

Guy Oseary Hate

Warners vs Interscope

Rebel Heart demos.

Im Breathless is a studio album

I don’t really give a fuck about the “legitimacy” of the Grammys or any other award show but I sure as fuck don’t see the negative in the notion of madonna getting positively recognized for either her new music or her legacy by them. How people somehow turn that into a heinously bad thing is beyond me. Or is #norecognition part of the new #nontraditionalpromo??

Well her last Grammy win was in 2008, for CT dvd ❤️, ten years ago, after that she received two noms for 4M and GI2M in 2009 and then one for Celebration in 2010.

Then the new generation game and the bar was raised: Adele, Taylor, Katy, Rihanna, Gaga, Ed Sheeran, Bruno.

She can still get noms and maybe an award but she does need to deliver, I’m not surprised that MDNA was ignored, they should have nominated ‘Masterpiece’ for the film song thing, and RH was great but it wasn’t her best album/effort, they do recognize when she does it best, see her noms for ROL, Music and COADF.

I’m confident that she still has another Grammy to win.

And for me the only relevants are the EGOT, she certainly still aims for an Oscar with her movies and maybe if she does tv she could get an Emmy. The golden globes are cute but meh, and also the certifications for her sales are important.

1 hour ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

Youre welcome to start the next conversation.... which one is more exciting?

MDNA Skin

Guy Oseary Hate

Warners vs Interscope

Rebel Heart demos.

Im Breathless is a studio album

Mark me. Within 1 week all of these subjects will be discuss for sure 

5 hours ago, Icykiller said:

People did not rush to buy RH because of her Living for love performance at the grammys. I even dare say general audiences were hardly aware she had a new album out. So no, I am also of the opinion that awards and performances at award ceremonies is futile. Any new fans she gets at this point is welcomed, but marginal, hardly a dent in the bulk of her target audience. Thankfully, as @Martin B. already said, she's still putting new music out there rather than profiting from nostalgia.

Actually, sales DID go up after she performed at the Grammys. We were here watching the charts and I can tell you first hand, that every time Madonna is on TV, any show, she’s talked about the next day at work AND sales for her new album go up! So if you don’t want her on TV, that’s fine, but it does matter that she stays in the spotlight! 

On 8/14/2018 at 11:59 AM, Miphiwart said:

I just had an orgasm thinking about a visual album release on Netflix being half documentary about the making of the album and music videos inbetween. 

unfortunately with the rewriting of madonna's work and artistry (she doesn't write her own music, william orbit did ROL, she can't sing, she can't dance) it's important to focus on her work ethic and release a documentary showing this. there's a need for it, otherwise this false narrative about her is only gonna continue and built up. i wish instead of chasing the charts with stupid nicki minaj and others, she'd focus more on her artistry

I think M14 will probably outsell RH. 

1. She might win back some of the older fans who dismissed MDNA and RH as trend-chasing. 

2. No leaks so far. 

3. A point we often overlook: RH, especially BIM, might have raked in thousands of new fans - or at least people who might want to check out the new stuff. 

As for Madonna “never having another smash”, who knows. With M, you never say never. 

10 hours ago, strictmachine said:

I don’t really give a fuck about the “legitimacy” of the Grammys or any other award show but I sure as fuck don’t see the negative in the notion of madonna getting positively recognized for either her new music or her legacy by them. How people somehow turn that into a heinously bad thing is beyond me. Or is #norecognition part of the new #nontraditionalpromo??

She said " don t go to award shows if you are looking form justice " regarding Kanye rants

Instagram has two more "birthday" countdown messages.  Madonna really could be counting down to something else.  I do not remember her ever getting this excited about a birthday before.  A countdown to something else could be in the works.  I guess that we will know soon.  #birthdaysingle 

11 minutes ago, sul8323 said:

Instagram has two more "birthday" countdown messages.  Madonna really could be counting down to something else.  I do not remember her ever getting this excited about a birthday before.  A countdown to something else could be in the works.  I guess that we will know soon.  #birthdaysingle 

#RaisingMalawi #DonateNow

3 hours ago, luizotaviobarros said:

I think M14 will probably outsell RH. 

1. She might win back some of the older fans who dismissed MDNA and RH as trend-chasing. 

2. No leaks so far. 

3. A point we often overlook: RH, especially BIM, might have raked in thousands of new fans - or at least people who might want to check out the new stuff. 

As for Madonna “never having another smash”, who knows. With M, you never say never. 

Bitch I’m Madonna brought in millions new little girls and gaybies for sure! They still play it at the clubs in America. 🤣 The 276 million views on YouTube is quiet sensational for M! There is not one other video of hers with that many views. The song is loved pretty much by every young person that heard it.

Anyways, you’re right, M14 has a lot of potential to do well because of renewed fan base and no leaks. Right now M is sort of in a background, but with the right comeback strategy, she could be the one talked about the most! A smashing first single would be ideal! I’m hoping for something like Music ten times better!! Nobody will care that she’s 60 if she comes up with new killer moves, a high budget video and most of all, sick beats! 

Please don't anyone get their hopes up.  The only thing she's counting down to is the big 6-0.  Trust me!  There will be no surprise album drop.  The lack of promo before hand would be devastating to sales.  

1 hour ago, sul8323 said:

Yes it is weird that she's getting so excited. Not weird, actually, just unlike her. Could be because of the Malawi thing...... but it would be great to drop a single or at least a press release tomorrow about the album. She wouldn't be able to promote a single but ut would get a TON of press as the media seem to be really covering her birthday. It would get mention on news shows and online that it wont do if its later....the story would be 'Still releasing music as she hits 60, defiant, not going away etc etc' 

A surprise single is possible. Why not? Album is to be released by the end of the year. It’s already August. I’m just saying...

Just now, Katypatra said:

A surprise single is possible. Why not? Album is to be released by the end of the year. It’s already August. I’m just saying...

True. I just hate getting my hopes up for surprises because i"m usually let down, when it comes to M.  LOL Not her fault, we make a lot of assumptions.

Its not coming this weekend. No way with Ariana and Janet releasing. MAYBE a hint of some kind or an announcement but not the actual music.

Also this countdown shouldnt be surprising to any fan that has followed Madonna in the "Instagram" era.  She has acted a lot more open and care free the past 5 years on Instagram. 

1 minute ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

Its not coming this weekend. No way with Ariana and Janet releasing. MAYBE a hint of some kind or an announcement but not the actual music.

Also this countdown shouldnt be surprising to any fan that has followed Madonna in the "Instagram" era.  She has acted a lot more open and care free the past 5 years on Instagram. 

My feelings exactly.  Of course she's excited.  And Guy posted this...

39179890_2225351507492380_84838348466558

39261511_2225351504159047_61743900520978

5 hours ago, Nikki said:

unfortunately with the rewriting of madonna's work and artistry (she doesn't write her own music, william orbit did ROL, she can't sing, she can't dance) it's important to focus on her work ethic and release a documentary showing this. there's a need for it, otherwise this false narrative about her is only gonna continue and built up. i wish instead of chasing the charts with stupid nicki minaj and others, she'd focus more on her artistry

Remember when Stephanie had the balls to say a few months ago that Madonna didn't write her own songs, trying to stir shit up like it's 2012?

2 hours ago, idro said:

She said " don t go to award shows if you are looking form justice " regarding Kanye rants

Who’s looking for justice? If it happens - cool. If it doesn’t happen - cool. I just don’t see it as being a negative thing should it actually happen, unlike the way some people around here make it sound.