MADONNA's EPIC NEW ALBUM discussion thread

I know no one cares about the Grammys - no one cares about anything anymore - but I’d still love to see her get some public recognition in some of the major categories for her work, even just to right some of the wrongs from the past. Especially if the new album turns out to be as deserving of it as it sounds like it’s going to be...

people don't care about the Grammys cause they are shit..Imagine if M got the Grammy everytime she has a new album like U2 or ACDC or even Bey? Personally i wouln't want to become llike that .Grammys are a joke for decades now and that's why the public doesn't care anymore

People still talk about U2 and ACDC like they're a thing? Oh.

One thing I never want Madonna to become is some industry hag who goes to award shows and gets an award just for sticking around. No thank you.

3 minutes ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

So Grammys are shit, Vmas are shit every award show is shit.   What isnt shit for Madonna?  

When   albums like LAP or Erotica or TB or Music or COADF are snubbed by the Grammys and Bey ,Swift snd Bruno Mars or even Gaga take tons of awards ,then yes these awards are not good .And VMAs? Are anybody even watching MTV? I come from a generation when  MTV was about the music and M was huuuge on ,TV along with MJ ,GM ,Prince erc

7 minutes ago, T0pher said:

are they only shit now because Madonna hasn't won anything in like 18 years? they weren't shit when she was winning them...

when was M was winning the Grammys? WE her fans we well know that M was really snubbed by the Grammys when she was releasing the classics. 

Just now, sotos8 said:

when was M was winning the Grammys? WE her fans we well know that M was really snubbed by the Grammys when she was releasing the classics. 

They even awarded people like Milli Vanilli back theN when she was releasing Vogue and LAP..

44 minutes ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

So Grammys are shit, Vmas are shit every award show is shit.   What isnt shit for Madonna?  

Knowledge

52 minutes ago, T0pher said:

are they only shit now because Madonna hasn't won anything in like 18 years? they weren't shit when she was winning them...

Whenever she wins Grammys again they’ll change their tune celebrating the hell out of it and they will be rubbing those wins in haters faces. 

Im not just talking about Granmys. Every single time someone brings up Madonna appearing on something some fans on here start with the "that shows shit" "that award show is beneath her"    Well you can continue to live in 1990 but in 2018 Madonna needs to be on these shows. Also most fans want to see her appear on shows and actually promote. 

No, she does not need to participate at this type of event. at 60 and with 36 years of career, she does not need to sell records to continue recording new ones. In any case, her participation at these galas will have no influence on her sale. It is you who needs to realize that we are in 2018 and that there will be no miracles bringing her songs to the top of the charts. Only selling nostalgia could do it and fortunately for us, she’s not there.

20 minutes ago, Martin B. said:

No, she does not need to participate at this type of event. at 60 and with 36 years of career, she does not need to sell records to continue recording new ones. In any case, her participation at these galas will have no influence on her sale. It is you who needs to realize that we are in 2018 and that there will be no miracles bringing her songs to the top of the charts. Only selling nostalgia could do it and fortunately for us, she’s not there.

These award show performances are important for her legacy and to keep awareness of her music alive with GP and getting new fans!

performing at private Art Basel/Leonardo earth events is all well and good if she is not reaching a new and wider audience

1 hour ago, Magician said:

Whenever she wins Grammys again they’ll change their tune celebrating the hell out of it and they will be rubbing those wins in haters faces. 

Madonna's gonna win GRANNY'S. 

30 minutes ago, Martin B. said:

I said nothing about sales or charts. Younger generations need learn about her and her legacy. Obviously she isnt going to get a smash again but that doesnt mean she needs to be forgotten.  Award shows and TV are important regardless of what some few fans on MN think. 

People did not rush to buy RH because of her Living for love performance at the grammys. I even dare say general audiences were hardly aware she had a new album out. So no, I am also of the opinion that awards and performances at award ceremonies is futile. Any new fans she gets at this point is welcomed, but marginal, hardly a dent in the bulk of her target audience. Thankfully, as @Martin B. already said, she's still putting new music out there rather than profiting from nostalgia.