Alex Jones getting tossed out from major platforms

Camacho

https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/ne5qwk/alex-jones-has-been-banned-from-youtube

Alex Jones has been banned from YouTube

The Alex Jones Channel page vanishing from YouTube comes just hours after Facebook announced that it removed four pages.

By Emma Ockerman

Aug 6 2018, 4:37pm

Editor's note: YouTube banned Alex Jones just hours after Facebook removed several of his pages. We updated our original story, found here, below. 

Social media and streaming behemoths are stripping away pieces of Alex Jones’ Infowars empire, bruising the reach of the conspiracy theorist known for portraying the Sandy Hook massacre as a hoax. 

As of Monday afternoon, the Alex Jones Channel no longer appears on YouTube and shows a message that it’s been removed for violating YouTube’s community guidelines. YouTube did not immediately respond to VICE News request for comment, but in a statement to BuzzFeed News, the company said that when users repeatedly violate policies “like our policies against hate speech and harassment or our terms prohibiting circumvention of our enforcement measures, we terminate their accounts.” 

The Alex Jones Channel page vanishing from YouTube comes just hours after Facebook announced that it removed four pages, including the Alex Jones Channel, Alex Jones, Infowars, and Infowars Nightly News over content that violated its community standards. And Facebook’s move came just hours after Apple purged all but one of Jones’ podcasts from Apple Podcasts and iTunes. Spotify has also removed all episodes of The Alex Jones Show. 

The Alex Jones Channel had 2.4 million followers on YouTube, and YouTube previously took down four videos from the Alex Jones channel and suspended the channel from live-streaming for 90 days.

It’s not like Jones’ traffic will be gutted, though. Infowars’ flagship website boasts 3.6 million monthly unique visitors, according to metrics kept by Amazon’s Alexa Internet. But most of that traffic comes via Alphabet Inc. properties Google and YouTube. His radio show, syndicated by more than 160 stations nationwide and streamed online, reaches millions. His Sunday broadcast out of Austin, Texas reached 2 million weekly listeners in 2010, according to Texas Monthly. 

Then there’s his Twitter, where he’s verified and has about 815,000 followers. Following Apple’s announcement, Ellen K. Pao, former chief executive officer of Reddit, challenged Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey on why Jones still has a verified account.

“Your move, @jack. Be a leader with integrity like @tim_cook,” she said. 

Jones himself is now on a 30-day Facebook block for posting violating content, the company said. Last week, Facebook removed four videos across pages relating to Jones. Cached results on Google show the now-removed pages had a combined 2.9 million “likes” from Facebook users. 

Alex Jones’ response on his radio show to the Facebook takedown: “Thank God.”

Will always be about money regardless of how vile the person is. Pathetic. Once this sub human sewage system gets NO more exposure/'platforms' he's done. Can happen overnight. Couldve and shouldve happened YEARS ago! At the very min. 'what' he's done to the families of Sandy Hook..even going there years ago should've been the first and final straw. Vile doesnt cut it w/ this pig. He and all the others (Bannon/Breitbart, Drudge etc..) are a cancer to society. Again..all for a little extra money for these companies they do NOT need. Yet (only until super recently) like the last few weeks and months are the *advertisers etc...cutting their nuts off finally. 

Disgusting man with a scary amount of followers who believe and lap up his unbelievable, damaging and vile theories.  What he has done to the victims of Sandy Hook for just one example is unforgiveable and cruel.  No coincidence that hard core conspiracy believers all adore Trump and believe all of the lies and bile that comes out of his mouth. 

before the internet got really scary on a worldwide scale (social media), i had the opinion to let people discover how fucked up some people are and make up their own mind. I'm for freedom of speech. there used to be a time when it was beneficial to let the buffoon talk so the general public would see for themselves how idiotic loudmouths like him are.. however, with how things are going now, maybe it's not so bad that his stuff stays on his site and he doesn't benefit from google, youtube, apple..

I'm wondering if the real reason this is happening is because the families of the Sandy Hook shootings could possibly extend their lawsuit against Alex Jones to include these media companies for giving him the platform to spread his vile content. They fear being sued. 

36 minutes ago, Magician said:

:crazy:

Revolting, sexist obscene idiot.  

Also, why do these people promote Trump as being Godly and decent ? Do they not know anything about him or what he truly stands for ? Look at his past, his actions and see how he continually Lies. Mind boggling and so frustratingly ignorant and stupid. 

8 hours ago, Lucky Star One said:

I'm wondering if the real reason this is happening is because the families of the Sandy Hook shootings could possibly extend their lawsuit against Alex Jones to include these media companies for giving him the platform to spread his vile content. They fear being sued. 

The moment this happens, many problems will be solved. I don't understand why media outlets take responsibility for inaccuracies and harmful material and social platforms don't, especially when those pages have been active for YEARS.

6 hours ago, karbatal said:

The moment this happens, many problems will be solved. I don't understand why media outlets take responsibility for inaccuracies and harmful material and social platforms don't, especially when those pages have been active for YEARS.

So true.  I am all for freedom of speech but the absolute horrendous lies that these people tell are so damaging.   Due to seeing people I know become crazier and crazier with these theories is incredibly sad.  Seeing a once intelligent person now believe that all gun shootings are staged events,  hurricanes and floods are caused by secret weather machines,  that the Holocaust did not happen and that the Earth is flat is just mind boggling.  Even believe that Jon Benet Ramsey could be Katy Perry and it is an experiment on manipulating fame.    Also that every fairy tale etc has secret demonic messages because they have magic and witches when it is simply story telling.  They don't watch films or television or read newspapers because they think they are being influenced by mind control but will believe all the stuff on these sites without any proof.  

6 hours ago, karbatal said:

I think the media r 2 blame partially 4 letting crap enter the news cycle, 2 create web traffic, almost anything is published online FAST without correction.

The entertainment news especially is very inaccurate, a lot of Daily Mail & other gossip fodder gets picked up without content or scrutiny.

The other week I put my foot down and had all 'Rihanna is the First Black Woman on British Vogue' articles redacted.

Not a single title mentioned this was about the september issue, nothing earth shattering. But symptomatic nonetheless.

https://www.apnews.com/076883058c33447584699909c0d938d7/Twitter-suspends-conspiracy-theorist-Alex-Jones-for-1-week

Twitter suspends conspiracy theorist Alex Jones for 1 week

1 hour ago

400.jpeg

NEW YORK (AP) — Twitter says it is suspending the account of the far-right conspiracy theorist Alex Jones for one week after he violated the company's rules against inciting violence.

The New York Times reports that Jones tweeted a link to a video calling for supporters to get their "battle rifles" ready against media and others. 

Jones won't be able to tweet or retweet from his personal account for seven days, though he will be able to browse Twitter.

The Twitter account for his "Infowars" show was not affected.

Facebook, Apple, YouTube and Spotify have taken down material published by Jones, reflecting more aggressive enforcement of hate speech policies after online backlash.

But Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey defended his company's decision last week not to ban Jones, saying he did not break any rules.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...