MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Elysium

All Saints - 'Testament' Album (William Orbit productions)

Just how AMAZING is the new All Saint's album, 'Testament'! Some amazing tracks with stunning productions including collaborations with Mr Bubbles himself, William Orbit (After All and Testament in Motion). This is a really strong comeback album!

I wouldn’t say this is there comeback album! It was the last one! Kind of interesting  that they released a new album so quickly after the last one. Can’t wait to check it out..

4 minutes ago, Mensch said:

I wouldn’t say this is there comeback album! It was the last one! Kind of interesting  that they released a new album so quickly after the last one. Can’t wait to check it out..

Well it kind of is a comeback album for them despite the Red Flag album in 2016. Red Flag was more a vehicle to reintroduce them to the general public and generate interest. This really stands out as a STRONG album and way better than Red Flag in terms of beautiful vocals, lyrics and production. Try it - I doubt you or anyone will be disappointed.

4 minutes ago, Elysium said:

Well it kind of is a comeback album for them despite the Red Flag album in 2016. Red Flag was more a vehicle to reintroduce them to the general public and generate interest. This really stands out as a STRONG album and way better than Red Flag in terms of beautiful vocals, lyrics and production. Try it - I doubt you or anyone will be disappointed.

I def prefer the album cover artwork for red flag over this new albums...I do love plenty of the songs on red flag. Anyhow, I’ll listen. Listening now. 

Ooh I didn’t know this was out. I did enjoy me some red flag...

I prefer the previous lead off single. Weird how they are still around nowadays while Spice Girls are m.i.a. They were always the Christina to their Britney.

4 minutes ago, Je5u5 said:

I prefer the previous lead off single. Weird how they are still around nowadays while Spice Girls are m.i.a. They were always the Christina to their Britney.

Hahaha you got it all wrong. The Spice Girls have been in complete high demand since the 2000’s. All Saints aren’t really selling much. They are doing it cause they love it and are selling small venues and enjoying that but I wouldn’t make that comparison. I love both but the Spice Girls two albums Spice/Spiceworld are infinitely better than anything they’ve released in their careers altogether. The Spice Girls were overall more fun, didn’t take themselves as seriously and sold out stadiums and reunited to much of the same sell-out success. Red Flag came out and AS performed small venues. Spice girls were international for most of their height 1996-1998

anyway, it’s funny cause I hear songs similar to red flag but they sound better and more fully realized. Seems like the time since red flag has made them all more in sync. After All came on and my heart skipped a beat cause I instantly thought of Drowned World but it was different. 🤣

side note, I love Mel C’s Go produces by Orbit!! Such an incredible album opener to the best solo Spice album! 

In a perfect world, they would open their new shows with Glorious with huge screens behind them with an amazing slow mo video of strong women walking in crowds and hair flipping and just overall #girlpower ...it has a great drum roll that they could repeat over and over before the show starts as they slowly enter the stage

7 minutes ago, Mensch said:

Hahaha you got it all wrong. The Spice Girls have been in complete high demand since the 2000’s. All Saints aren’t really selling much. They are doing it cause they love it and are selling small venues and enjoying that but I wouldn’t make that comparison. I love both but the Spice Girls two albums Spice/Spiceworld are infinitely better than anything they’ve released in their careers altogether. The Spice Girls were overall more fun, didn’t take themselves as seriously and sold out stadiums and reunited to much of the same sell-out success. Red Flag came out and AS performed small venues. Spice girls were international for most of their height 1996-1998

anyway, it’s funny cause I hear songs similar to red flag but they sound better and more fully realized. Seems like the time since red flag has made them all more in sync. After All came on and my heart skipped a beat cause I instantly thought of Drowned World but it was different. 🤣

side note, I love Mel C’s Go produces by Orbit!! Such an incredible album opener to the best solo Spice album! 

I know that 😎 What I meant is that if back in '98 someone would've told me  I'd be listening to a new All Saints album 20 years afterwards yet the next Spice album would be their last I would've thought the person was crazy.

I still don’t get why they always write songs that sound like they are dating shitty guys and no matter how bad they act up, they will stick by them. It’s an annoying thing about their songs I don’t like. 

I love Red Flag, especially “Fear.” Listening to it now. They never disappoint! 

8 hours ago, xtaticboy82 said:

I love Red Flag, especially “Fear.” Listening to it now. They never disappoint! 

Yes, Red Flag was a good album but not as solid as Testament. They really have made some great music. Quite underrated imo!

I really loved Red Flag, especially that suite of Ratchet Behaviour to Tribal that uses the same beat.  This new album is pretty great too but I hate the first song.  They deserve a lot of success, I feel like there's such a gap in the market for cool grown up pop music

Yes! that segue from Ratchet Behaviour to Red Flag. Amazing. Faves from the new album atm:

1. Testament In Motion

2. Glorious

I wonder if he gave all the unused tracks to Chris Brown.

8 hours ago, xtaticboy82 said:

Yes! that segue from Ratchet Behaviour to Red Flag. Amazing. Faves from the new album atm:

1. Testament In Motion

2. Glorious

YES!:clap:

I have been listening to the album since it was released but... i haven't liked it yet.

When I heard they were working with Orbit, I was waiting for cool calm tracks like in the Saints&Sinners album but I *now* find this album a bit louder. And hard.

Didn't listen to it yet, but I'm totally in love with Love Lasts Forever. What a great song !

I really like One Strike off their previous album. Really great song. Didn't know they had a new album out.