Driver ploughs into cyclists then drives off.

Crux

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5957869/Shocking-video-shows-driver-81-ploughing-cyclists.html?offset=372&max=100&jumpTo=comment-329570279&reply=329570279#newcomment

Shocking footage shows an 81-year-old driver ploughing through a group of cyclists and sending them smashing onto the road.

The motorist can be seen overtaking the riders on the busy A359 near Yeovil in Somerset, but passes so close that his front bumper clips their wheels.

Lurching forward as the car hits his bike, one of the cyclists smashes into a friend riding just ahead, sending both crashing to the floor.

The driver admitted dangerous driving at Taunton Crown Court on July 9.

The clip was filmed on a camera attached to the helmet of Martin Wills, who was riding with the group before the incident on November 23 last year.

He was the cyclist who got hit by his friend riding behind and his wife Sandra was knocked unconscious in the horror smash.

Describing the traumatic accident, he said "The first I knew was a heavy blow to my right buttock".

'This sent me off balance and I fell heavily with my bike landing on top of me. One of the riders was lying in the road a few feet away with her wrecked bike next to her.'

Mr Wills miraculously escaped with cuts and bruises, while his wife was left with a broken finger, cracked ribs and a bump on her head.

It is not clear what injuries the other cyclists suffered. He added: 'Thank goodness we wear helmets.'

Tarrant was disqualified from driving for two years and must taken an extended re-test.

He was handed a conditional discharge lasting 18 months and was ordered to pay a victim surcharge of £20.

The question on everyone's lips is why didn't he stop?  The first thing he should've done is check to see if they were alright, but this guy is seen speeding off into the distance. Shocking.

Guest CzarnaWisnia

How horrible. People are just crazy when driving, I don't get it. Last year a cyclist killed a pedetrian by riding into her and left her there (and later blamed her in court). That's why I don't ride a bike since I live in the city, and why I fear cyclists when I cross the street. People driving don't care about who you are, they want you out of the way.

I love biking, so watching tis video is a nightmare!

Anyway, I'm sorry for those two cyclists.

I'm kinda shocked they were not more seriously hurt.