Madonna has monologue in new Ariana Grande video

On 7/14/2018 at 8:42 PM, Lucky Star One said:

We are in for a rough ride with the new Era if fans are complaining about Madonna's cameo in Ariana's video. :think:

EXACTLY

On 14 July 2018 at 4:19 AM, Andra said:

Here we have for our pleasure just M's monologue

Love also how Ariana breaks through the glass ceiling after Madonna's spoken cameo in the video clip.  Clever video clip in imagery and meaning.  Love how Ariana, Katy, Rihanna, Pink, Cardi B etc - virtually all the female superstars acknowledge what Madonna has done for all female singers that come after her.  It does not matter if we like or dislike their music, they know and get who broke through the glass ceiling before them.  

40 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Love also how Ariana breaks through the glass ceiling after Madonna's spoken cameo in the video clip.  Clever video clip in imagery and meaning.  Love how Ariana, Katy, Rihanna, Pink, Cardi B etc - virtually all the female superstars acknowledge what Madonna has done for all female singers that come after her.  It does not matter if we like or dislike their music, they know and get who broke through the glass ceiling before them.  

:clap:

I don’t understand the extremely negative comments over this. You don’t have to like it, but it’s just a few seconds of Madonna’s voice in the video version of Ariana’s song. I’m just talking about the comments who sounded like this was a huge disaster btw.

anyway, I thought it was cute and I enjoy whatever we can get until Madonna releases her own music #soon

47 minutes ago, El baron said:

I'm in love with her monologue ! That strong voice !!! Million times better than the crow voice !

what, where

15 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

what, where

You don't know the infamous M crow voice ?! The one that made a first attempt in 2003 in "Me against the music" and then came back full force on several tracks of "Hard Candy".

40 minutes ago, El baron said:

You don't know the infamous M crow voice ?! The one that made a first attempt in 2003 in "Me against the music" and then came back full force on several tracks of "Hard Candy".

mmm, no.

heard it live though..

On 7/20/2018 at 3:27 PM, El baron said:

Hard Candy?? Maybe some songs on Rebel Heart, such as Living for Love, but which songs are you talking about on Hard Candy? 

1 hour ago, Katypatra said:

Hard Candy?? Maybe some songs on Rebel Heart, such as Living for Love, but which songs are you talking about on Hard Candy? 

Lol i feel the opposite. "Dance tonight" ?! Crow voice at its maximum "Move your body catch me from across the floor...". Maybe exept the verses of "Living for love", to me the crow voice has almost totally disappeared on "Rebel heart" wich is a good thing, and this monologue on Ariana's song points that she's goin even further in the process of using her deep strong voice. 

On 7/17/2018 at 12:57 AM, Jazzy Jan said:

That’s a really cool interpretation! Really powerful imagery, it elevated the whole thing even more for me! Thank you!

Thanks for posting, @Beautiful Killer!

So, apparently, M gave them 7 takes! Ariana was gushing on set about how M gave them not just one take, but seven.

I was glad to see the director also seemed appropriately pleased about Madonna and gave credit to her for “carrying the struggle” so that Ariana could do this today, so that was encouraging.

Maybe it wouldn’t be so bad to see him direct a music video for M’s next album. I just learned tonight he also directed the video for Katy Perry’s Swish Swish. They are certainly ambitious videos with high production values. I’d always love for M to collaborate with some of the legendary directors with whom she has worked previously (Fincher and Romanek, primarily, but Mondino has been missing lately, too) ... but, if she works with new folks, she could probably do worse than to work with him. Also Francis Lawrence (I think? — the guy who long ago directed Gwen Stefani’s “What You Waiting For?”).

6 hours ago, peter said:

So, apparently, M gave them 7 takes! Ariana was gushing on set about how M gave them not just one take, but seven.

I was glad to see the director also seemed appropriately pleased about Madonna and gave credit to her for “carrying the struggle” so that Ariana could do this today, so that was encouraging.

Maybe it wouldn’t be so bad to see him direct a music video for M’s next album. I just learned tonight he also directed the video for Katy Perry’s Swish Swish. They are certainly ambitious videos with high production values. I’d always love for M to collaborate with some of the legendary directors with whom she has worked previously (Fincher and Romanek, primarily, but Mondino has been missing lately, too) ... but, if she works with new folks, she could probably do worse than to work with him. Also Francis Lawrence (I think? — the guy who long ago directed Gwen Stefani’s “What You Waiting For?”).

I'd love Dave Meyers and Francis Lawrence. They both did some of Britney's best videos. Also Dave did Missy Elliot's Get Your Freak On and Work it videos which are amazing. 

14 hours ago, peter said:

I got a feeling we will get Steven Klein and Luigi & Iango. And I'm absolutely fine with that! 

20 hours ago, peter said:

Dave Meyers was P!nks long time video director during the 00’s. He also did videos for Britney, Missy, J-Lo, Gwen...I think it was too safey for M. 

On 7/22/2018 at 6:43 AM, El baron said:

Lol i feel the opposite. "Dance tonight" ?! Crow voice at its maximum "Move your body catch me from across the floor...". Maybe exept the verses of "Living for love", to me the crow voice has almost totally disappeared on "Rebel heart" wich is a good thing, and this monologue on Ariana's song points that she's goin even further in the process of using her deep strong voice. 

Omg I completely agree. I finally found someone who is on the same page as me. That voice is so irritating especially on the S&S Tour like how did she go from her powerful Confessions voice to that. Anyway Rebel Heart is a huge step in the right direction and I cant wait to see what she pulls out for M14!

I really enjoyed Ariana’s video and rightfully so Madonna should be the voice of God

On 7/24/2018 at 10:42 AM, Mat.Guy said:

I got a feeling we will get Steven Klein and Luigi & Iango. And I'm absolutely fine with that! 

While they do provide nice visual I would preffer someone else with a more narrative approach instead of M looking good in a nice set