Madonna has monologue in new Ariana Grande video

we should happy that a young artist want her on her material and had made a reference to her like that. I thought I would never see Madonna contributing with another young artist anymore since she doesn't do this frequently and the youngest generation doesn't pay attention to her or think she's not cool.

Ariana thanked her for her LITTLE contribution. It's not her fault that some of you had hyped that much.

This is great!

1 minute ago, caba1 said:

we should happy that a young artist want her on her material and had made a reference to her like that. I thought I would never see Madonna contributing with another young artist anymore since she doesn't do this frequently and the youngest generation doesn't pay attention to her or think she's not cool.

Ariana thanked her for her LITTLE contribution. It's not her fault that some of you had hyped that much.

This is great!

That's a good point actually. Wonder if Madonna has a few interesting "collabs" up her sleeve coming

1 minute ago, Arnian said:

That's a good point actually. Wonder if Madonna has a few interesting "collabs" up her sleeve coming

i don't think that Miley rumor is true and i have my doubts about the Nicki one but if that happens, i would be happy. This reminds me to that rumor about Madonna being on the last Katy Perry album. That never happend lol

Honestly some fans hate it.....but I wouldn't mind at all if she did more collabs. The more Madonna music the better. She's not going to be a recording artist forever, let her have fun.

10 minutes ago, roma said:

I love when Madonna talks fire and brimstone, the accent is obvious.

I agree.  How often do we see preachers etc talking vengeance and fire on tv and they all have versions of that accent that she has deliberately used for this spoken cameo as a female God. 

As mentioned before by @Marcelox  God is never seen but heard in all past references to God in scriptures that is demonstrated in movies and plays. I think it is clever, topical and love it that really young girls who idolise Ariana will take notice of this and how Ariana sees Madonna with so much awe and respect. I used to love reading about Madonna's influences when I was a kid and check them out. Madonna should always be known to young audiences and I love that the young female superstars whose careers are in music, mostly all not only adore her, know her music but are also influenced , inspired and talk about her impact on them. 

Guest NewYorkCam

I enjoyed the (much too brief) Madonna spoken word cameo .. it's also cute that Ariana Grande is clearly a huge fan.  I might be more interested in this if I followed Grande .. I think I'm too old for her generation. I can't really tell the difference between her, Selena Gomez, Demi Lavato, etc ..

I wonder how many M fans will buy the song based on nothing more than her brief cameo? It's not enough to make me buy the song.

I love it! I'm always VERY skeptical when it comes to any sort of collaboration with the it-stars of today (ahem...Kim K :sneaky:) but this one is more than fine. Her monologue fits the message of the song nicely - I even think a cameo would have been a great addition too. 

By the way, I'm wondering, was Lauren her vocal producer for RH too? We all know the vocal production on that album wasn't exactly spendid, so would be interesting to know if she's a new addition to M's team?

34 minutes ago, NewYorkCam said:

I enjoyed the (much too brief) Madonna spoken word cameo .. it's also cute that Ariana Grande is clearly a huge fan.  I might be more interested in this if I followed Grande .. I think I'm too old for her generation. I can't really tell the difference between her, Selena Gomez, Demi Lavato, etc ..

I wonder how many M fans will buy the song based on nothing more than her brief cameo? It's not enough to make me buy the song.

Ariana > Demi > Selena. Does that help?

23 minutes ago, Nonoka said:

By the way, I'm wondering, was Lauren her vocal producer for RH too? We all know the vocal production on that album wasn't exactly spendid, so would be interesting to know if she's a new addition to M's team?

I believe she wasn't.

7 hours ago, Galactic-Tiger said:

Oh my fucking Madonna :bow:

Godonna!

Have no problem with this cameo. The more we see and hear Madonna the better. The Ezekiel monologue is perfect for her because it’s so powerful and dominant. This is the best part of the song. 

5 hours ago, Andra said:

I have it on repeat now, listening to it on my headphones, just like with No Tears Left to Cry..she's SLAYING this era.

I think it's safe to say now Ariana is THE official Princess of Pop.

yasss

Since her opening number on her lasted tour, perfect pop moment 

Résultats de recherche d'images pour « ariana grande be alright live »

I can't believe that she couldn't even take out her grillz for 5 minutes to record this bit.   Lispdonna!!  To each there own.  Cringe at the bad southern accent

Edited by jamespromotions

13 minutes ago, jamespromotions said:

I can't believe that she couldn't even take out her grillz for 5 minutes to record this bit.   Lispdonna!!  To each there own.  Cringe at the bad southern accent

she's emulating Samue L. Jackson accent like i posted before...

6 minutes ago, caba1 said:

she's emulating Samue L. Jackson accent like i posted before...

but that doesn't take away from the fact that it sounds "reductive" and not done well and she can't even speak clearly with the grillz in.  I think she has lost grip with reality a bit. We all get older but I am sad at the way she is doing it. I understand she is emulating Samuel but it is done baaaadly

The song itself is great.  I am sad to say she should have left the Madonna bit out of it 😞 adds nothing to the song and only makes lispdonna sound crazy.

13 minutes ago, jamespromotions said:

but that doesn't take away from the fact that it sounds "reductive" and not done well and she can't even speak clearly with the grillz in.  I think she has lost grip with reality a bit. We all get older but I am sad at the way she is doing it. I understand she is emulating Samuel but it is done baaaadly

🖕

8 minutes ago, Littlebastard said:

god if she has the grills on for this she really is deluded. I'm sorry. 

don't be sorry.  Just explain to me why she thinks it is ok to speak or sing with them in. 

4 minutes ago, Mat.Guy said:

I give up.

im5o4o.jpg

Does she not think about the fact that millions of people are going to watch this video and laugh at Grilldonna. It is just frustrating for me. I have been a fan since 1986. Bought my first tape at 6 years old (true blue) so over 30 years.  I just don't get it. I am hoping that someone can help me understand it. It is sad

44 minutes ago, jamespromotions said:

Wtf are you talking about? She is NOT wearing grillz here..the letter "s" is pronounced too clearly for her to wear grillz....also what's with the extreme drama here bringing her age into this and it's sooooo sad blabla...dramatic much?....fucking please get a grip it's only a 30 second cameo.

7 minutes ago, peppermint said:

Wtf are you talking about? She is NOT wearing grillz here..the letter "s" is pronounced too clearly for her to wear grillz....also what's with the extreme drama here bringing her age into this and it's sooooo sad blabla...dramatic much?....fucking please get a grip it's only a 30 second cameo.

you can't tell the grillz are in...………. "shissters"