M14 updates 2

So, Andy Lecompte and Giovanni Bianco have arrived in NYC.

There’s definetely time to work on something until the birthday celebration begins!

5 hours ago, Mat.Guy said:

Mmmmm. Do you have a source of that statement? Because I remember a Brazilian interview where he talked about doing them.

I clearly remember him stating on instagram that he didn't do it. They were never listed as part of his portfolio either.

17 minutes ago, Mat.Guy said:

There’s definetely time to work on something until the birthday celebration begins!

hmm.. wonder what is going on.

54 minutes ago, shelita-buffet said:

I clearly remember him stating on instagram that he didn't do it. They were never listed as part of his portfolio either.

Ok, thanks for the clarification!

1 hour ago, Mat.Guy said:

Here we go folks!! Something is up 😎✨🌟💫🌟✨

2 hours ago, Mat.Guy said:

Its album cover/artwork time folks!!

5 hours ago, runa said:

That's untrue. Her voice was crystal clear at the begining of RH tour but you could hear her voice was damaged at the end of the tour.

Just listen to the first performances of HBC and the last ones and you'll notice the difference immediately. 

What I said was true, the way a lot of rock stars sing actually damages their voice. Madonna has been singing properly since Evita so her voice is not getting damaged as much as it would have if she was still singing from her throat.. but that doesn’t mean that by the end of a world tour her voice would not sound a bit raspier than at the beginning,

41 minutes ago, hoojoo said:

What I said was true, the way a lot of rock stars sing actually damages their voice. Madonna has been singing properly since Evita so her voice is not getting damaged as much as it would have if she was still singing from her throat.. but that doesn’t mean that by the end of a world tour her voice would not sound a bit raspier than at the beginning,

mmm i think her voice is damaged since Hard Candy. Sounds very nasal now. That performance of Borderline on Jimmy Fallon show was horrible to me. She has a tecnique now (or whatever it is) that sounds really weird "Feels like I'm going to lose my miiiiIiIiInd" and the same happend when she did that Prince tribute.

She should go to a coach to take control of it again.

If all her styling team are arriving in NYC to do the album cover/artwork shoot this week that means the album will come in November as she shoots the artwork for her albums 3 months in advance. Also wondering if it's Mert & Marcus again or if it's Steven Klein? as he is currently in NYC, anyway this is all getting very exciting, here we go guys, strap yourselves in for a wild ride once again!!!:thumbsup:

Mert is on vacation, so if she's really doing it he's not (with Marcus) part fo the project. Giovanni Bianco works for Vogue Italia, so I doubt it's for another magazine. But he has a house in NY so maybe the fact that he's in town has nothing to do with M. Aaron yesterday was in Italy. I would love a change for the new album shoot, new make up artist (and I looove Aaron), hair, photographer. Not gonna happen probably but dreaming is free. She should really work with another photograher though. For the last 10 years she only worked with Mert & Marcus, Klein and Tom Munro (and Munro has not worked with her since the W.E. promo I believe) Oh yes, she works with Ellen Von Unwerth too for Cosmopolin, but that's it.

Edited by cosmic_system

19 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

Mert is on vacation, so if she's really doing it he's not (with Marcus) part fo the project. Giovanni Bianco works for Vogue Italia, so I doubt it's for another magazine. But he has a house in NY so maybe the fact that he's in town has nothing to do with M. Aaron yesterday was in Italy. I would love a change for the new album shoot, new make up artist (and I looove Aaron), hair, photographer. Not gonna happen probably but dreaming is free. She should really work with another photograher though. For the last 10 years she only worked with Mert & Marcus, Klein and Tom Munro (and Munro has not worked with her since the W.E. promo I believe) Oh yes, she works with Ellen Von Unwerth too for Cosmopolin, but that's it.

Oh Shit, if Giovanni Bianco has a house in NYC then he is probably only going back to that? Anyway maybe the shoot will still take place later this week, plenty of time for some of her team to arrive...

17 hours ago, Golechunkymonkey said:

I remember she said that before EVITA she used a vocal coach so heavily to best her voice !  And the press also said her voice was amazing in RAY OF LIGHT because od the training from Evita. 
I have to say i just loved her rawness and her almost-masculine voice in songs like RESCUE ME or EXPRESS YOURSELF or ACT OF CONTRITION ^^ haha

I also love her raw voice 🙂 and she had a very good control of it. The problem now is something physiological, as her voice is changing due to ageing.  The vocal cords are muscles and also have to be trained. That is why I said she should have a coach, as her voice is loosing elasticity. One can notice that after she turned 50.

2 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

Not true what about Luigi and the other one who shot her for Harper's Bazaar and Vogue Germany in 2017?

2 hours ago, Geiger83 said:

I also love her raw voice 🙂 and she had a very good control of it. The problem now is something physiological, as her voice is changing due to ageing.  The vocal cords are muscles and also have to be trained. That is why I said she should have a coach, as her voice is loosing elasticity. One can notice that after she turned 50.

I am a speech therapist and vocal coach myself and what I notice is that a lot of songs are sung in a lower key now. For example borderline, take a bow, express yourself, like a virgin, and so on. A lot of artists do this because your voice changes when you age. And there is notging wrong with that because most people won't notice. Her singing technique though lacks consistency. With Joan Lader during Evita she worked on her registers, but M still doesn't have good control over these as you can hear in Ghosttown sung live, when she sings "much" "dust" and for instance with Who's that girl on the Rebel Heart tour. And during a tour she starts to use more and more volume and in Madonna's case adding pressure under the vocal chords. That's when it appears she is yelling in stead of singing. That is why I don't understand they always tape one of the last shows when she clearly must know her voice be better in the beginning. And then there is the overusage and misuse of newly learned techniques. For me it was obvious she worked on twang and placing the voice before Hard Candy because the crow voice started then. The problem was that she used too much twang and sang too nasal. But she has gained more control over that now. The crow voice has kind of disappeared. On the other hand, at least she is emotive in her singing, and that is something you can't really learn. And she gives her all during a show. 

47 minutes ago, Samo said:

Not true what about Luigi and the other one who shot her for Harper's Bazaar and Vogue Germany in 2017?

Oh yes, I forgot. I love the Vogue Germany shoot but they tend to retouch her too much. And Luigi is was actually her hairdresser in the 90s. She needs new people. The world is full of great photographers. 

1 hour ago, Marcelwillems said:

For me it was obvious she worked on twang and placing the voice before Hard Candy because the crow voice started then. The problem was that she used too much twang and sang too nasal. But she has gained more control over that now.

For me it was obvious she didn't work on anything. And if anything her live vocals have had a 'shrill' quality since her Evita training. That is the true meaning of 'crow voice'.

She will never b perfect, and she doessn't have 2 be, but she needs a FULL live band, no backing tracks and work on more 'explicit' harmonies.

2 hours ago, Marcelwillems said:

I am a speech therapist and vocal coach myself and what I notice is that a lot of songs are sung in a lower key now. For example borderline, take a bow, express yourself, like a virgin, and so on. A lot of artists do this because your voice changes when you age. And there is notging wrong with that because most people won't notice. Her singing technique though lacks consistency. With Joan Lader during Evita she worked on her registers, but M still doesn't have good control over these as you can hear in Ghosttown sung live, when she sings "much" "dust" and for instance with Who's that girl on the Rebel Heart tour. And during a tour she starts to use more and more volume and in Madonna's case adding pressure under the vocal chords. That's when it appears she is yelling in stead of singing. That is why I don't understand they always tape one of the last shows when she clearly must know her voice be better in the beginning. And then there is the overusage and misuse of newly learned techniques. For me it was obvious she worked on twang and placing the voice before Hard Candy because the crow voice started then. The problem was that she used too much twang and sang too nasal. But she has gained more control over that now. The crow voice has kind of disappeared. On the other hand, at least she is emotive in her singing, and that is something you can't really learn. And she gives her all during a show. 

Thanks a lot for the detailed commentary! I agree when you write she should tape the tours during the first shows. I actually like very much how her voice sounds now, because the timbre has turned warmer and softer, but she definitely needs to work on it. I noticed also that she is using ( a little to much) a strange vibrato. But I also think she puts much effort and emotion in her singing and independent of her limitations that makes much difference. A good voice doesn't necessarily means that one is a good singer and Madonna proves she can touch people with her singing, sympathy and charisma.

Edited by Geiger83
Adition

2 hours ago, Marcelwillems said:

Thank you. Thats really interesting to hear. I have no clue about technique etc - I really liked her voice around Like A Prayer/Blonde Ambition. Its never had the same lovely real earthy quality she had since then. Still love her and its a pleasure to listen to her albums mostly but her voice had much more character then.

3 hours ago, Marcelwillems said:

🏻✔️

I love that her voice in imperfect, that's what I like about her live performance. And I don't care if she's out of tune, sometimes. There is so much emotion in her voice, I don't care about that. 

2 hours ago, acko said:

For me it was obvious she didn't work on anything. And if anything her live vocals have had a 'shrill' quality since her Evita training. That is the true meaning of 'crow voice'.

:lmao: 👍

10 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

Girlfriend loves her high and young voice but she can’t do it live. She started using that thin high registrer around Confessions.

THIS.

4 hours ago, acko said:

:chuckle:

4 hours ago, acko said:

She will never b perfect, and she doessn't have 2 be, but she needs a FULL live band, no backing tracks and work on more 'explicit' harmonies.

She needs a new and great band and a new musical director.

Edited by Ozze