M14 updates 2

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 2:23 PM, Lolasmommy said:

Wasn’t the cover for celebration conceptual (that Mr.Brainwash pic was not given enough credit!)? RH was conceptual too & again not given enough credit for its artistry...erotica cover was conceptual!

However I do prefer pics of her beautiful face in a traditional way - i want an iconic album cover like Ray Of Light or True Blue (swan neck)...

There is something about the cover for Italian Vogue (the one with the heat/black and white) that reminds me of True Blue ear covers. I hope she does something like that. But, also love the yellow and green color panel she used for the rest of the Italian Vogue shot.

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 4:05 PM, Stereo said:

S.E.X. Is a badass jam.

Agree. It's a badass fun song that is delivered with a great sense of humor... LOVE HER!!!  You got to have a sense of humor to appreciate it.

The door closing at the end... is the cherry on top LOL

26 minutes ago, CalinB said:

Agree. It's a badass fun song that is delivered with a great sense of humor... LOVE HER!!!  You got to have a sense of humor to appreciate it.

The door closing at the end... is the cherry on top LOL

Yeah love it

It s a collage of sex dates app texting turned to lyrics...cool

2 hours ago, idro said:

Yeah love it

It s a collage of sex dates app texting turned to lyrics...cool

The choreo for the RH tour was 🔥 

5 hours ago, Geiger83 said:

Actually her voice is getting deeper and she is having trouble with the intonation, all her last live performances show that. I think it would help her a lot if she did some coaching in order to learn how to use her voice after this changes

I remember she said that before EVITA she used a vocal coach so heavily to best her voice !  And the press also said her voice was amazing in RAY OF LIGHT because od the training from Evita. 
I have to say i just loved her rawness and her almost-masculine voice in songs like RESCUE ME or EXPRESS YOURSELF or ACT OF CONTRITION ^^ haha

1 hour ago, Golechunkymonkey said:

I remember she said that before EVITA she used a vocal coach so heavily to best her voice !  And the press also said her voice was amazing in RAY OF LIGHT because od the training from Evita. 
I have to say i just loved her rawness and her almost-masculine voice in songs like RESCUE ME or EXPRESS YOURSELF or ACT OF CONTRITION ^^ haha

The '86-'91 voice will forever be my favorite but I'd say her voice has held up very well! A testament to her taking care of herself. By the time a lot of singers reach their 60's, their voices are just shot. The way our girl uses her voice is definitely different than the earlier years but the tone is still the same, she hasn't lost that.

to think that some people say she can't sing ??? 
FU****G retards !! they should do their research/homework.

THAT VOICE THAT ARTISTRY THAT RAWNESS THAT FEARLESS WOMAN THIS ICON
THE ICONIC BEAUTY !! 

ahhhhh i'm getting verklemmt

18 minutes ago, Golechunkymonkey said:

THE ICONIC BEAUTY !! 

every time someone tries to diminish her I show this vid. then ppl shut up and bow.

2 hours ago, Adriano said:

every time someone tries to diminish her I show this vid. then ppl shut up and bow.

That’s interesting. Her voice in this vid sounds just like in Live to Tell song. I can see why you guys like her vocals like that but my favorite is during her performance of Confessions tour Substitute for Love and Sticky and Sweet You Must Love Me. 

3 hours ago, shelita-buffet said:

We don't know! An intern? Bianco himself said he had no involvement in them.

Mmmmm. Do you have a source of that statement? Because I remember a Brazilian interview where he talked about doing them.

7 minutes ago, Mat.Guy said:

Mmmmm. Do you have a source of that statement? Because I remember a Brazilian interview where he talked about doing them.

There’s no way he did them. They look like they were done by someone in-house at Interscope who had limited access to any licensed imagery and fonts (and common graphic design sense). If nobody can be bothered then why don’t they just crop a nice photograph of her and forget all the cheap-ass graphics!!! Its not nice to look through her back catalog on Spotify and see those horrid covers. 

16 minutes ago, luluthecat said:

There’s no way he did them. They look like they were done by someone in-house at Interscope who had limited access to any licensed imagery and fonts (and common graphic design sense). If nobody can be bothered then why don’t they just crop a nice photograph of her and forget all the cheap-ass graphics!!! Its not nice to look through her back catalog on Spotify and see those horrid covers. 

It certainly is Interscope that’s let the side down. Her single covers used to be some of the best in the industry. They were works of art.

......I wouldn’t really say it’s their fault. It’s more likely to be M’s own team aren’t interested in paying a design team to create an entire album campaign, and then don’t supply Interscope with any imagery to create anything with. M’s had plenty of dodgy singles covers in recent years. But with Rebel Heart they really didn’t give flying fuck. Which is so sad for the many, many fans who love collecting her work.

14 minutes ago, luluthecat said:

......I wouldn’t really say it’s their fault. It’s more likely to be M’s own team aren’t interested in paying a design team to create an entire album campaign, and then don’t supply Interscope with any imagery to create anything with. M’s had plenty of dodgy singles covers in recent years. But with Rebel Heart they really didn’t give flying fuck. Which is so sad for the many, many fans who love collecting her work.

I agree they have forgotten about the fans whinhave religiously collected her work me included over the years.

But it’s money and is imagine her budget at Interscope is half of what she got to roll out with at Warner’s.

1 minute ago, luluthecat said:

........yet artists with a fraction of her budget manage to produce flawless covers for every single campaign.....it’s really annoying.

The imagery around Rebel Heart was so strong particularly after the lacklustre MDNA which seemed to have very little artistry attached to it.

RH campaign was beautiful. The shoots to promote the album, the videos, the album artwork she gave us a new image with the Matador theme...

...yet shitty recycled single covers that let the side down. 🧐

32 minutes ago, Confessit said:

The imagery around Rebel Heart was so strong particularly after the lacklustre MDNA which seemed to have very little artistry attached to it.

RH campaign was beautiful. The shoots to promote the album, the videos, the album artwork she gave us a new image with the Matador theme...

...yet shitty recycled single covers that let the side down. 🧐

I didn’t like her image for RH until Ghosttown. Then I was slayed! 

6 hours ago, Golechunkymonkey said:

THE ICONIC BEAUTY !! 

I long for these raw vocals again, also heard with Rescue Me (her BEST vocal performance), but the problem is she has had sore throat during this stage, as highlighted in Truth or Dare, so unless we all buy her 20 cigarettes and make her shout a lot, we ain’t getting that voice anytime in a hurry...

A lot of rock stars damage their voice over time because of the way they sing but ever since Evita Madonna is singing properly which doesn’t damage your vocal chords so with her clean living as well, she will still be able to sing when she gets older. 

1 minute ago, hoojoo said:

A lot of rock stars damage their voice over time because of the way they sing but ever since Evita Madonna is singing properly which doesn’t damage your vocal chords so with her clean living as well, she will still be able to sing when she gets older. 

That's untrue. Her voice was crystal clear at the begining of RH tour but you could hear her voice was damaged at the end of the tour.

Just listen to the first performances of HBC and the last ones and you'll notice the difference immediately. 

8 minutes ago, runa said:

That's untrue. Her voice was crystal clear at the begining of RH tour but you could hear her voice was damaged at the end of the tour.

Just listen to the first performances of HBC and the last ones and you'll notice the difference immediately. 

She later also sang BIM with louder backup vocals as at the beginng of the tour. I'd almost call it Playback.

I think what @hoojoo meant was that she hasn't done any permanent damage to her voice. It's natural that at the end of a tour, it could be a little strained and tired. In those cases, she just needs some downtime and she'll be good as new again.

I guess it’s ok to talk about her voice while we wait for news. And my personal opinion when it comes to albums is that her vocals are best on Ray of Light and American Life!! When it comes to tours, I loved her voice during the Confessions and Rebel Heart tours! Very full, clear and confident.