Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Runaway Lover said:

I think she will always follow the traditional path. First the song will go to radios, then online to iTunes etc., then there will be a video, hopefully a CD and then the album after few weeks. 

I really hope not. I think that would be a mistake. Radio will not take the song on without a build in demand in USA, so the talk by the time video is out two weeks later will be negative. Even Taylor Swift releases the videos at the same time as the song. Her first song did not do well at all on the radio in USA, but did amazingly well in video streaming helping with charting.  

M did release the video and song at the same time for GMAYL in 2012, so she has done it in the past under the same label. Hope the label pushes her in to the new standard, two videos before the album comes out. RH leaked so the first song was out for months before the video came out, but even then the video was out two days before her first performants at the Grammys. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, CalinB said:

I really hope not. I think that would be a mistake. Radio will not take the song on without a build in demand in USA, so the talk by the time video is out two weeks later will be negative. Even Taylor Swift releases the videos at the same time as the song. Her first song did not do well at all on the radio in USA, but did amazingly well in video streaming helping with charting.  

M did release the video and song at the same time for GMAYL in 2012, so she has done it in the past under the same label. Hope the label pushes her in to the new standard, two videos before the album comes out. RH leaked so the first song was out for months before the video came out, but even then the video was out two days before her first performants at the Grammys. 

Agreed.

The Living for Love video was shot a month before it’s intended release of Valentines Day so the leaks obviously screwed up all the plans for the promo as the timeline would suggest the video and single were to drop at the same time.

I am hoping for 2 singles she would be best placed shooting both videos almost back/back to have everything ready to go.

I hope and pray for some kind of promotion deal online with streaming or hiring space on iTunes to really launch the first single.

Madonna & Mirwais I have so much faith the lead single will pack the same kind of instant punch that Music did.

Link to post
Share on other sites

To make the bigger impact, the song should be released on iTunes and streaming platforms the same day as the video is released and also a few performances, it’s the only week that has possibilities of charting.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Iconic Fetus said:

To make the bigger impact, the song should be released on iTunes and streaming platforms the same day as the video is released and also a few performances, it’s the only week that has possibilities of charting.

And the video needs to be released on VEVO/Youtube. Not any other new app that will generate nothing except a few bucks for her and Guy Oseary.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the beggining of the end, i mean... portuguese music? fados? that music is sooo boring, if she want to put us to sleep.....I'm really disappointed after 3 years of waiting. I really hope she flop so hard. BTW is funny that she criticize the music business right now when is the way she's  been working the last 10 years... I don't undertand this woman sometimes...

Edited by Sparks
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sparks said:

This is the beggining of the end, i mean... portuguese music? fados? that music is sooo boring, if she want to put us to sleep.....I'm really disappointed after 3 years of waiting. I really hope she flop so hard. BTW is funny that she criticize the music business right now when is the way she's  been working the last 10 years... I don't undertand this woman sometimes...

"Bye-bye baby bye-bye"....  You are "reductive" in every way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Sparks said:

This is the beggining of the end, i mean... portuguese music? fados? that music is sooo boring, if she want to put us to sleep.....I'm really disappointed after 3 years of waiting. I really hope she flop so hard. BTW is funny that she criticize the music business right now when is the way she's  been working the last 10 years... I don't undertand this woman sometimes...

Oh please shove it and fuck off troll!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sul8323 said:

"Bye-bye baby bye-bye"....  You are "reductive" in every way.

oh really? just because I don't like everything that madonna doesÂż

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/1/2018 at 8:01 AM, Kim said:

As long as it's not stored on online servers and/or they've put stringent security measures in place, then there's no reason why it would leak, no matter when they release it. And Madonna releasing an album 3 months or so after it's been completed is the exception, not the rule. So there's no "of course" about it.

Madonna has repeatedly indicated that the album would be out in 2018 and  I, "of course", believe her.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Sparks said:

This is the beggining of the end, i mean... portuguese music? fados? that music is sooo boring, if she want to put us to sleep.....I'm really disappointed after 3 years of waiting. I really hope she flop so hard. BTW is funny that she criticize the music business right now when is the way she's  been working the last 10 years... I don't undertand this woman sometimes...

drama queen...  geez. chill the FCK out

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Sparks said:

oh really? just because I don't like everything that madonna doesÂż

no,, because we don't like everything you r saying.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Sparks said:

oh really? just because I don't like everything that madonna doesÂż

How can you dislike something you haven't even heard yet? 

Madonna is also working with Mirwais, so you could at least give her album a chance before having a meltdown.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think everything has to come out at the same time. It's her best chance.

Whenever Madonna does anything like that people pay attention. Just look at her Super Bowl ratings. People still want to know.

If she comes out with the song, the video and the promo pictures, everything all at the same time for a single. Is the best way to go for her. Good luck Madonna!

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Sparks said:

oh really? just because I don't like everything that madonna doesÂż

Don't insult our intelligence. Saying in your  post that " I really hope she flops so bad". 

That is not simply not liking everything she does as you are trying to claim, that is hoping she does not do well and flops hard  Something a Madonna fan would never wish for her music career.  So transparent. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Starman said:

Remember when Living for  Love premiered in some app that doesnt even exist anymore :lol:

Snapchat?

I think you're refering to Ghosttown, which premiered on Merkat.

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Mat.Guy said:

And the video needs to be released on VEVO/Youtube. Not any other new app that will generate nothing except a few bucks for her and Guy Oseary.

#soon

 

 

12F262A3-DBC8-44F8-82DF-EBAFD5D641A2.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

I need Met Gala 2015 face on the album cover. I hope she doesn’t mess with her lips any more. They got a weird shape lately...

Since the new album will obviously feature Portuguese and/or African music, or at least be influenced by world music sounds and rhyhtms, do we think it’s gonna be similar to Mirwais’ 2009 YAS album? His album featured arabic and middle eastern lyrics and sounds and century-old melodies but he fused them with sharp electronica in a unique and modern way. Now I know that was almost 10 years ago but I believe this is what we’re going to get - soulful, melodic sounds and traditional instruments fused with crazy electronic production. Spanish Eyes + Paradise = Magic/Mambo!

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Plaything said:

I need Met Gala 2015 face on the album cover. I hope she doesn’t mess with her lips any more. They got a weird shape lately...

Since the new album will obviously feature Portuguese and/or African music, or at least be influenced by world music sounds and rhyhtms, do we think it’s gonna be similar to Mirwais’ 2009 YAS album? His album featured arabic and middle eastern lyrics and sounds and century-old melodies but he fused them with sharp electronica in a unique and modern way. Now I know that was almost 10 years ago but I believe this is what we’re going to get - soulful, melodic sounds and traditional instruments fused with crazy electronic production. Spanish Eyes + Paradise = Magic/Mambo!

it's cool/futuristic and experimental.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sparks said:

This is the beggining of the end, i mean... portuguese music? fados? that music is sooo boring, if she want to put us to sleep.....I'm really disappointed after 3 years of waiting. I really hope she flop so hard. BTW is funny that she criticize the music business right now when is the way she's  been working the last 10 years... I don't undertand this woman sometimes...

This is seriously asking for a flush.

do you honestly think this album is going to be a pure fados album?

I trust Madonna when she says she's inspired by something, she doesn't relish in it, she incorporates it, like when she felt spiritual she created Ray of Light, full of great pop songs with a spiritual essence, where as Belinda Carlisle went full out mantra with Wilder Shores, there's a difference.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Nikki said:

it's cool/futuristic and experimental.

this one sounds very Daft Punk

Link to post
Share on other sites

there is no end for madonna...she can go on and on and on....

I for one am excited for a fresh sound---music today needs something NEW. she says in the interview everything sounds the same...cause it does. Mirwais is top 3 overall M producers imo. i think shes got nothing to lose and is at a point where she can just let it will be. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone who is dismissing music they haven’t even heard yet can just go away...

This album is sounding more and more promising! No 20 different producers or writers and no features (that we know of) and a new sound! My ears are ready 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Let her do whatever the fuck she wants man. Wait till we hear the single before passing judgement on what YOU think M should or should not be thinking of DOING. I mean she is the professional. She knows what she’s doing. She’s done a great job regardless of whether you loved her last few records, they were still solid efforts. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sparks said:

This is the beggining of the end, i mean... portuguese music? fados? that music is sooo boring, if she want to put us to sleep.....I'm really disappointed after 3 years of waiting. I really hope she flop so hard. BTW is funny that she criticize the music business right now when is the way she's  been working the last 10 years... I don't undertand this woman sometimes...

Wind yer neck in . You can have an opinion obviously, but hoping that she flops just because you don't like something (that you haven't even heard yet) is just stupid.

1 hour ago, sul8323 said:

Madonna has repeatedly indicated that the album would be out in 2018 and  I, "of course", believe her.

That's fine, I mean we all know Madonna never changes her mind or even ...lies *cough* but you didn't say that, you said it was because of the risk of it leaking.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...