M14 updates 2

I want to know what the first clip is? (the second one is clearly fake though)

Even if it's not M I quite like it and it does sound like Mirwais.

I hope there's no major leaks though!

Weird that Mirwais "liked" that post... 

2 hours ago, Alain Delon said:

Fake. Doesn't even sound like Mirwais' production. The drums are not "subtle" enough.

Well I hope Mirwais has grown and his production is not stuck in 2003. Hopefully cause neither Music nor AL are among the best M albums in my view. Hopefully he is not as mechanical and detached and as melodieless as he was.

8 minutes ago, elijah said:

Well I hope Mirwais has grown and his production is not stuck in 2003. Hopefully cause neither Music nor AL are among the best M albums in my view. Hopefully he is not as mechanical and detached and as melodieless as he was.

You’re wrong about AL! It is in fact one of her best. Just because people didn’t get it back then, doesn’t mean it wasn’t good. 

10 minutes ago, Katypatra said:

You’re wrong about AL! It is in fact one of her best. Just because people didn’t get it back then, doesn’t mean it wasn’t good. 

Well its my opinion. And I don't think lots of ppl like it even now, especially compared to the other classic albums of her. I just said it so that it is known that there are ppl that want an evolution to a more melodic direction. But I hope this album is great and much better than M & AL (for me anyways).

5 hours ago, Mensch said:

The thing is, it’s TWO separate instagrams, one posted some kind of clean sounding instrumental that Mirwais “liked” on one of the comments, and the other copied the image and used some die another day mix and is acting as if it’s legit by posting the same thing in the description. 

I noticed that and I commented saying they stole the video from the other account. They deleted my comment, dm’d something to me and blocked me after reading my reply.

100% fake. I’d put good money on it 

If it was a real clip of new material then it would be under strict embargo! He wouldn't like it, he would report it and have it taken down! Besides, I don't think it sounds like Mirwais' stuff at all! It wants to, but it doesn't!

https://www.dn.pt/1864/interior/o-que-ha-deles-em-madonna-9682139.html

08/08/2018

The Lisbon musicians who inspired Madonna

Madonna has already stated that the "wonderful musicians" she met in Lisbon have a place on her new album. We spoke with some of the protagonists of these meetings.

image.aspx?brand=DN&type=generate&guid=5

The lights were off and the concert had begun. Two friends poked each other repeatedly, and one of them whispered, "I told you she was coming." She. Madonna descended the stairs of the Small Auditorium of the Cultural Center of Belém. On the stage, Ricardo Toscano on the saxophone and João Paulo Esteves da Silva on the piano.

The guess was not random. Toscano, a young prodigy of jazz, has participated more than once in the evenings where Madonna, since living in Lisbon, has been presented to the musical panorama of the city. In a video shared on Instagram by herself, Toscano played Sodade by Cesária Évora, with Dino D'Santiago singing, one of her most frequent companies in Lisbon.

It is, in fact, Dino D'Santiago who is heard (with her Pensa Na Oji) in the video through which Madonna opens the backstage door of the Vogue Italia photo shoot in Lisbon on the occasion of her 60th birthday, to be celebrated on the next 16th. And it is at his side that she sits on the photograph taken by the magazine at the Tejo Bar in Alfama, another of her usual listening and meeting points. No accident.

In the interview with Vogue, Madonna confirmed what was already suspicious: "I met so many wonderful musicians and many ended up collaborating on my new album, so Lisbon influenced my music and my work. How could it be otherwise
"It is impossible for me to spend a year without being influenced by the whole culture that surrounds me."

image.aspx?brand=DN&type=generate&name=o

An example: it was at that same Alfama bar, directed by musician Jon Luz, that Madonna met the Brazilian pianist João Ventura. He playedt, she liked it. As simple as that and enough for the invitation that led him to perform with her at the Metropolitan Museum of Art (MET) gala in New York. Recently they have been reunited for John to record a Madonna composition that should be part of the material for the album that will follow Rebel Heart, which will be produced by Mirwais, their former collaboration.

Branko, Lura or Ritchie Campbell are other artists Madonna has had contact with. "I think she wants to connect even with African rhythms, with Portuguese tradition, with Portuguese, African and Brazilian musicians too", says João Ventura.

Still on the new album, Madonna had already made public on Instagram her meeting in a recording studio with Dino D'Santiago and Guinean musician Kimi Djabaté, who has also been one of her most frequent companies since he met her at one of these evenings in a house in Alfama. She came, greeted him, and asked him his name. He said. And then he returned the question to her. Madonna looked at him, and finally responded to the teasing, as a joke. Today the voice of Pape Don "t Preach treats him for Mandinga, in reference to his griot roots, storytellers, voices of epic poems and koran players from an early age.

Ricardo José Lopes  - one of the organizers behind the
Lisbon Living Room Sessions, one of the best shows in Lisbon - has been responsible for many of the musical evenings where Madonna has participated, signing its curatorship. "These evenings happen naturally, in my house or at friends' houses. They are spontaneous," he explains, adding that they are not organized specifically for the singer to watch or depart from a specific demand on her part. "There was an interest in common friends to join in. She was invited as well.

The cultural agitator signs the curatorship of these nights in which the focus is on what is more underground, mirror of an "authentic Lisbon, the soul of Lisbon". "All this bohemian night of Lisbon exists," he continues. "If you want, people can know and realize what is authentic. It's not normally on Fridays and Saturdays, I say it's from Sunday to Wednesday."

Madonna's Fate

"So lucky to have met, heard and sung with this incredible fado legend," wrote Madonna on the Instagram, reacting to the death of Celeste Rodrigues on Wednesday at the age of 95. The artist also showed the fado singer sing ing A Noite Do Meu Bem. The two met in one of the incursions of Madonna by the fado houses of Lisbon and came to sing together the classic of Elvis Presley Can "t Help Falling In Love in the Mesa de Frades
, in Alfama.

image.aspx?brand=DN&type=generate&name=o

Madonna was so impressed that she took Celeste Rodrigues as well as her grandson, director Diogo Varela Silva, and great-grandson and guitarist Gaspar, to New York to sing at the New Year's Eve party she organized at her home for friends and family. He also invited the Brazilian singer Ive, currently living in Lisbon, and the Bela Quarteto.

Fado singer Marco Oliveira, who was part of the quartet, reminds DN that in that night he was singing Alfredo Marceneiro - he remembers A Vela and Senhora do Monte - when Madonna interrupted him. "She asked what those poems were about, she wanted to know if they would be about intervention, if they were from before or after the revolution. I think she has this awareness of the political context." Celeste Rodrigues, recalls the fado singer, sang Canção de Lisboa, with the verses: "When I leave, pray for me, Lisbon."

Ive, who was introduced to the pop queen by Victoria Fernández, a Colombian and longtime friend of the pop artist living in Portugal, was impressed by the warm welcome she received. "It was what touched me the most," the Brazilian singer told the DN.

It remains to wait for the album, and to do the accounts (counting what is not counted) of the Lisbon mosaic that Madonna here discovered.

50 minutes ago, robster said:

If it was a real clip of new material then it would be under strict embargo! He wouldn't like it, he would report it and have it taken down! Besides, I don't think it sounds like Mirwais' stuff at all! It wants to, but it doesn't!

yeah, I know many fans really love it, but I wasn't too found of it and Im actually glad it's probably fake. Im hoping for more underground portuguese and/or fado inspired music (as described in the article), combined with Mirwais' sound.. and I think he's capable of way more experimental and interesting sounds than the "leak".

Even if it’s real we can’t judge a whole album with a 10 sec instrumental clip. It’s like hearing only the piano intro of devil wouldn’t recognize you and say Hard candy will be a balad album. 

14 hours ago, Mensch said:

What do you guys think that vid of her getting ready was about with the #almost and I initially thought it was for a bday party she’s gonna throw cause her friends were saying “can’t wait” but why would she dress for something on the 16th...? Seems like it must be album related

It looked like she was just doing her hair and trying out outfits for the birthday. #almost means is almost her birthday lol. Nothing album related about it.

1 minute ago, Mat.Guy said:

It looked like she was just doing her hair and trying out outfits for the birthday. #almost means is almost her birthday lol. Nothing album related about it.

Yeah I figured, but I vaguely remember #almost with her music posts too so that’s why I considered it! 

Metacritic putting the album as a 2018 release seems very too good to be true. They probably were lead on with that random out by 2018 comment that never surfaced in the interview and now I’m just going to assume it’s not coming out anytime soon which is fine but the buzz was annoying. Lol 

2 hours ago, Nikki said:

i just don't see why Mirwais would like it if it's fake.. unless he's just teasing. and I doubt he'd leak it himself

He saw that someone tagged him. He listened to it, prolly giggled a little. Then read some comments. Saw one girl say she can’t wait for the album. Liked her comment. The end. 

19 minutes ago, Katypatra said:

He saw that someone tagged him. He listened to it, prolly giggled a little. Then read some comments. Saw one girl say she can’t wait for the album. Liked her comment. The end. 

You truly are the voice of reason on this forum. Bless you ❤️

6 hours ago, Nikki said:

i just don't see why Mirwais would like it if it's fake.. unless he's just teasing. and I doubt he'd leak it himself

its not HIS album why would he leak this shit.  all fake

Let's change topics for a bit... while we are waiting for real news on Album 14!

Billboard.com  posted this mashup of Cher and Madonna by a Toronto/Canadian-based singer, which I find pretty cool.  

Cher & Madonna Unite on Brilliant 'Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!'/'Hung Up' Mash-Up!

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/pride/8469622/cher-madonna-gimme-gimme-gimme-hung-up-mash-up