M14 updates 2

15 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Sorry,  I did not realise you was referring to only the Single cover photo shoots.   I don't think Madonna has cared for single covers for years so agree there. 

Sometimes I wonder if madonna actually has anything to do with single covers, since forever. They’ve nearly always just been some leftover photo from somewhere, or worse (hello nothing fails). 

Just now, Paul said:

Sometimes I wonder if madonna actually has anything to do with single covers, since forever. They’ve nearly always just been some leftover photo from somewhere, or worse (hello nothing fails). 

I was wondering the same. These Nothing Fails and Love Profusion cover were terrible. Why she just didn't use one of those beautiful X-Static Process images? Same with Ghosttown / BIM ...

22 minutes ago, Paul said:

20 minutes ago, Runaway Lover said:

I was wondering the same. These Nothing Fails and Love Profusion cover were terrible. Why she just didn't use one of those beautiful X-Static Process images? Same with Ghosttown / BIM ...

I think that's precisely the reason she HAS something to do with them. Because to anyone else choosing other pictures would be the norm and the common sense!

52 minutes ago, Mat.Guy said:

I think that's precisely the reason she HAS something to do with them. Because to anyone else choosing other pictures would be the norm and the common sense!

If she had a reason, wouldn't she hand the job off to her friend Bianco?

23 minutes ago, shelita-buffet said:

She did! All her single covers since Confessions were done by him, except for Bitch I'm Madonna.

32 minutes ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

I doubt she even looks at the single covers. Its probably just a team who does it. 

I’m sure she still has the final say before the cover is signed off.

6 hours ago, Sloane said:

Never thought of it this way but it's a pretty accurate breakdown. My only nitpick is that Bedtime Stories wasn't controversial.

It was the follow up to erotica and she sang about the back lash on the album so I think it’s related in that sense.

Tracklist leaked

1. Fado Shop

2. 4 Fados

3. Give it 2 Fado

4. Fadobeat

5. Fado Away

6. She's Not Fado

7. Fadoble

8. Fado Goes On

9. Fado 2Night

10. Fado Lesson

11. Fado Wouldn't Recognise You

12. Fados

Bonus track (deluxe): 

13. Ring My Fado 

11 minutes ago, Miphiwart said:

Sounds sexyyyy

Lose your attitude

Ring my bell

Say you're sorry

Ring my bell

Got something for me? 

Ring my bell 

Then you can ring my bell 

20 minutes ago, Sloane said:

I thought that was Erotica.

It was 1994 but before bs was released lol. Guess it was the last straw and then things became much more family friendly with I’ll Remember 

14 hours ago, Golechunkymonkey said:

the thing is that Madonna is at a stage of her life where she can really do what she wants, the sales have no importance and young people need to be educated.

I would love her to not only change her type of music and come back to the kind of iconic melodies crafted with Pat Leonard, Shep Pettibone, Stephen Bray etc... but in a different style

BUT MOST ESPECIALLY, i need her to come back with this raw "masculine-yet-very-sexy" voice :
"I'm talking I'm Talking, i believe in the power of love"

and NOT this horrible thing:
horrible voice and lyrics/melody

I love her sultry raw deep lower register and a bit raspy

or ONE OF MY ALL TIME FAVE of hers: 

Omg yes Secret Garden and Inside Of Me are 2 of my favourite ever Madonna songs and S.E.X was so cringeworthy bad and totally beneath her, it made me wish she would never sing about sex again! I had to make a Spotify playlist so I could listen to rebel heart without hearing it. 

3 hours ago, Sloane said:

Yep. 

53 minutes ago, Sloane said:

It's all about BEST NIGHT.

Love best night..to each rebelheart their own.  

11 hours ago, Mat.Guy said:

10 hours ago, shelita-buffet said:

10 hours ago, Runaway Lover said:

I am sure it has something to do with money. 

10 hours ago, Mat.Guy said:

She did! All her single covers since Confessions were done by him, except for Bitch I'm Madonna.

Let’s not forget that even Kevin Reagan, who was responsible for the Grammy Award-winning designs for Ray of Light and Music, was the one credited for Nothing Fails and Love Profusion. Which is quite surprising. (Although fan opinion was divided about GHV2 all across the board — including the package design — I happened to like Kevin’s work on the art for GHV2. But his work after that was lackluster, in my opinion. Picking up the AL art design midway through the campaign and not carrying through the aesthetic of M|M Paris seemed to be less cohesive. At least Bianco’s work on the entirety of the COADF campaign seemed mostly cohesive, even though his finest work doesn’t seem to outshine Reagan’s RoL masterpiece.)

I think the shift from physical product/package to digital thumbnail image certainly changed the standards in the industry. I think the suspicion about money is probably accurate. There probably just isn’t adequate funding for time and effort to be spent. But ... oh well. 

I understand it doesn't pay to invest into singles nowadays, but the Rebel Heart covers are her worst ever. I really hope this improves with the new album. It would be nice to use the Portuguese images.

13 hours ago, Suedey said:

Tracklist leaked

1. Fado Shop

2. 4 Fados

3. Give it 2 Fado

4. Fadobeat

5. Fado Away

6. She's Not Fado

7. Fadoble

8. Fado Goes On

9. Fado 2Night

10. Fado Lesson

12. Fados

Bonus track (deluxe): 

13. Ring My Fado 

What about Fado's  Wing? 

9 minutes ago, Suedey said:

Let's face it, Madonna: The Fado Album / Portuguese Life will outsell True Blue, Like A Virgin and The Immaculate Collection.

... and Thriller

Guest CzarnaWisnia
14 hours ago, Suedey said:

Tracklist leaked

1. Fado Shop

2. 4 Fados

3. Give it 2 Fado

4. Fadobeat

5. Fado Away

6. She's Not Fado

7. Fadoble

8. Fado Goes On

9. Fado 2Night

10. Fado Lesson

12. Fados

Bonus track (deluxe): 

13. Ring My Fado 

Where are all the bland featured rappers? I don't believe this is true somehow.