M14 updates 2

6 hours ago, Maleficent said:

Ah yes LAP. OFC (though it’s still her torso no? So her body still is on the cover lol). I’d actually be here for something conceptual as long as it doesn’t look lazy. We all know how talented her (non-existent?) graphics team was during the RH era 😢😬

It's still mindboggling that they couldn't be bothered to do single covers. All you have to do is pick a picture of Madonna, one of the most photographed and photogenic people in the world, and slap a font on it. It literally doesn't get any easier than that!

22 minutes ago, Sloane said:

It's still mindboggling that they couldn't be bothered to do single covers. All you have to do is pick a picture of Madonna, one of the most photographed and photogenic people in the world, and slap a font on it. It literally doesn't get any easier than that!

ikr?!? all the unused outtake photos at their disposal, and we get duotone images of the album cover for the first single and fan art for the last single... :wacko:

35 minutes ago, Sloane said:

Okay I don't want to make this a "bash-Rebel-Heart-thread" but I just feel like after the leaks and the luke-warm reception to LFL, she just kinda gave up on the era... Hopefully she'll put more of her heart into it and things will go her way this time around 🙂

1 hour ago, peter said:

I was going to bring up Immaculate Collection (thanks, @sul8323!) ... but also Something to Remember to a degree. There was no shoot expressly for it — she used a gorgeous shot from the spectacular Versace shoot(s) — and the other photos were floral photography. I believe the earliest run didn’t even have a photo of her on the back cover, right? Later releases used another Versace campaign shot, where she’s lying down. 

All this doesn’t mean much, of course. But if the Portuguese influence is strong, there’s always a possibility Mert and Marcus shot something in/with the Vogue Italia shoot...? Although someone pointed out she usually uses the big guns for styling (hair and make-up) for the album shoot. Garren for hair, I mean — right? And the hair for the Vogue Italia was Andy LeComte, right?

yeh... her team for her albums shoots are the best of the best... not the same as her usual glam team.  We shall see. Im sure she's planning it all out right now in NYC

1 hour ago, Maleficent said:

Okay I don't want to make this a "bash-Rebel-Heart-thread" but I just feel like after the leaks and the luke-warm reception to LFL, she just kinda gave up on the era... Hopefully she'll put more of her heart into it and things will go her way this time around 🙂

Seriously ?   She did tv shows promoting Rebel Heart,  many magazine interviews and photo shoots, Performed Ghosttown with Taylor Swift at the Iheart awards,  did a week on Ellen,  performed on Italian and French tv shows,  appeared on Jonathon Ross plus there was her huge world tour called the Rebel Heart tour.   She put her heart and soul into Rebel Heart and rightly so.  Such a great album. 

9 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Seriously ?   She did tv shows promoting Rebel Heart,  many magazine interviews and photo shoots, Performed Ghosttown with Taylor Swift at the Iheart awards,  did a week on Ellen,  performed on Italian and French tv shows,  appeared on Jonathon Ross plus there was her huge world tour called the Rebel Heart tour.   She put her heart and soul into Rebel Heart and rightly so.  Such a great album. 

Agreed! Sales went up after her every appearance too. People forgot how we used to watch charts and see how the songs did much better after each time she was on TV.

1 hour ago, Jazzy Jan said:

No i absolutely agree with you! I just meant in terms of photo shoots for the single covers and stuff. Bc those single covers are pretty meaningless other to fans, I just meant she probably didn’t care to do them! 

The album may not come till December if she doesn't shoot the artwork till late August/early September as some artists still release albums up until mid December, just would be a shame if she missed the Black Friday/Thanksgiving sales in late November though...

I'd love ARCA to produce a track for Madonna !

I'm pretty sure he has remixed both Frozen and Secret... they were on some random soundcloud mixes that have since been taken down.

16 hours ago, Golechunkymonkey said:

I think this new album will mark a new departure: BYE BYE" the hard candy/Rebel Heart/mdna...." 10 years of unworthy of Madonna music. 

I hope she comes back with something more organic and raw !! 

😀  anyway, it's very promising. There's only one question - if millions of people, who are attached to generic soulless sound, are still capable of appreciating smth decent.

but (a fan can dream) M can make a revolution in music again 🙂

41 minutes ago, Morevi said:

😀  anyway, it's very promising. There's only one question - if millions of people, who are attached to generic soulless sound, are still capable of appreciating smth decent.

but (a fan can dream) M can make a revolution in music again 🙂

the thing is that Madonna is at a stage of her life where she can really do what she wants, the sales have no importance and young people need to be educated.

I would love her to not only change her type of music and come back to the kind of iconic melodies crafted with Pat Leonard, Shep Pettibone, Stephen Bray etc... but in a different style

BUT MOST ESPECIALLY, i need her to come back with this raw "masculine-yet-very-sexy" voice :
"I'm talking I'm Talking, i believe in the power of love"

and NOT this horrible thing:
horrible voice and lyrics/melody

I love her sultry raw deep lower register and a bit raspy

or ONE OF MY ALL TIME FAVE of hers: 

14 hours ago, dollhouse said:

did someone say rh, mdna and hc are UNWORTHY? LOCK HER UP.

don't you see the difference between :

TRUE BLUE

LIKE A PRAYER
DICK TRACY
EROTICA
EVITA
BEDTIME STORY
BALLADS COLELCTION "SOMETHING TO REMEMBER"
RAY OF LIGHT 
AMERICAN LIFE
etc

and 

HARD CANDY / MDNA / REBEL HEART

???

really you don't see nor feel ANY HUGE difference ????

musically AND vocally speaking ???

no ? 

47 minutes ago, Golechunkymonkey said:

TRUE BLUE

LIKE A PRAYER
DICK TRACY
EROTICA
EVITA
BEDTIME STORY
RAY OF LIGHT 
AMERICAN LIFE
etc

and 

???

no ? 

I️ definitely see a difference. To me, her albums are broken into four eras, as in: 

1. The Forever Iconic, general public favorite era: 

First album

Like a Virgin

True Blue 

2. The controversial / Dita era:

Like a Prayer 

Erotica 

Bedtime Stories

3, The spiritual Veronica Electronica / Esther era:

Ray of Light 

Music

American Life

Confessions on the Dance Floor 

4. The M-dolla / Bitch I’m Madonna era: 

Hard Candy

MDNA 

Rebel Heart 

And it seems like Madonna is entering a whole new era with this upcoming album. So far there are a bunch of speculations as far as what we should expect exactly,  but it seems promising, new and fresh! So the excitement is real!!

27 minutes ago, Golechunkymonkey said:

the thing is that Madonna is at a stage of her life where she can really do what she wants, the sales have no importance and young people need to be educated.

I would love her to not only change her type of music and come back to the kind of iconic melodies crafted with Pat Leonard, Shep Pettibone, Stephen Bray etc... but in a different style 

of course, you're right, it's always about creativity and art and her own will ! But for me it would be a pleasant (and desirable) surprise, if she wins the charts and sales again. this would be a great sign, that society is changing for the better  - I've been waiting for it for 10 years. lol 

as for the voice and style - it's always great to see, how huge M's range of talent is - every Madonna fan has his own preferences. 🙂  love your choices too.

1 hour ago, Golechunkymonkey said:

TRUE BLUE

LIKE A PRAYER
DICK TRACY
EROTICA
EVITA
BEDTIME STORY
RAY OF LIGHT 
AMERICAN LIFE
etc

and 

???

no ? 

Rebel heart had some of the most  " classic" type Madonna songs on it. Beautiful  melodies, fantastic bridges and great lyrics - what she does better than anyone.   I have it in my top 3 Madonna albums of all time.  

1 hour ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Rebel heart had some of the most  " classic" type Madonna songs on it. Beautiful  melodies, fantastic bridges and great lyrics - what she does better than anyone.   I have it in my top 3 Madonna albums of all time.  

YES!  RH is one of her best albums after the so so MDNA

It was a real return to form for her

6 minutes ago, Samo said:

YES!  RH is one of her best albums after the so so MDNA

It was a real return to form for her

I agree, but it would be even better wothout Kanye and Demo.

4 hours ago, Katypatra said:

I️ definitely see a difference. To me, her albums are broken into four eras, as in: 

1. The Forever Iconic, general public favorite era: 

First album

Like a Virgin

True Blue 

2. The controversial / Dita era:

Like a Prayer 

Erotica 

Bedtime Stories

3, The spiritual Veronica Electronica / Esther era:

Ray of Light 

Music

American Life

Confessions on the Dance Floor 

4. The M-dolla / Bitch I’m Madonna era: 

Hard Candy

MDNA 

Rebel Heart 

And it seems like Madonna is entering a whole new era with this upcoming album. So far there are a bunch of speculations as far as what we should expect exactly,  but it seems promising, new and fresh! So the excitement is real!!

Never thought of it this way but it's a pretty accurate breakdown. My only nitpick is that Bedtime Stories wasn't controversial.

24 minutes ago, Sloane said:

Never thought of it this way but it's a pretty accurate breakdown. My only nitpick is that Bedtime Stories wasn't controversial.

Yeah, except maybe Human Nature video 🙂

55 minutes ago, Sloane said:

Like a prayer falls in between the forever iconic and the controversial, it’s both.

Interesting tho how we can define the previous eras as iconic, controversial and spiritual but the last one only as M-dolla bitch. 

I also think that as soon as we have another true masterpiece we can hold on to, and I believe we will, all this talk about hc/mdna/rh supposed greatness will resize to the right level

2 hours ago, Sloane said:

Well the promo was lmao. Letterman anyone? 

9 hours ago, Maleficent said:

No i absolutely agree with you! I just meant in terms of photo shoots for the single covers and stuff. Bc those single covers are pretty meaningless other to fans, I just meant she probably didn’t care to do them! 

Sorry,  I did not realise you was referring to only the Single cover photo shoots.   I don't think Madonna has cared for single covers for years so agree there.