M14 updates 2

I won't believe anything as long as it's not officially confirmed. Every theories are plausible at this state. 

Still pray for a november release, though.

1 hour ago, Suedey said:

Sorry but that's not a confirmation. It is hopeful that the editor has said that which means Madonna's intention is to release it later this year but to me a confirmation is when I see a statement from Interscope, LiveNation or even MADONNA herself. 

Let's wait and read the interview first before everyone starts saying "2018 album confirmed." 

But that's what we do in a internet forum, honey. That's the fun in it!

7 minutes ago, Confessit said:

Some apparent translation from the interview has leaked confirming the album will be out by the end of the year.

could you give us the URL or some more info? im sure there's italian members here who can help us 😉

2 minutes ago, Nikki said:

could you give us the URL or some more info? im sure there's italian members here who can help us 😉

I don’t have it but the post is in the Vogue Italia thread 😘

This thread has been the worst.. now we've finally gotten the closest thing to a confirmation that the album is coming this year. Can't we just be happy for once.

3 minutes ago, Andra said:

This thread has been the worst.. now we've finally gotten the closest thing to a confirmation that the album is coming this year. Can't we just be happy for once.

I think most of us knew it would be un-logical for her to put the album back for the film.

Didn’t stop some fans arguing on and on we won’t get the album this year though!! 

However I am over the moon we will get M14 this year it’s something to look forward to. 

I will with hold absolute judgment until I read the interview translations officially though myself.

2 hours ago, Mat.Guy said:

That confirms what everyone of the forum was feeling by the indications! (Well, everyone but Suedy and Kim hehe)

'@' me again when the official confirmation comes through! 

56 minutes ago, Lolasmommy said:

also we might just get her on the X factor finally! With an all Madonna special weekend!👍🏽

No one watches that shit anymore. She'd be better off doing Strictly Come Dancing which while tacky, still gets millions of viewers

3 minutes ago, Kim said:

No one watches that shit anymore. She'd be better off doing Strictly Come Dancing which while tacky, still gets millions of viewers

Agreed. In terms of viewership the figure for a Saturday night are enourmous ! Especially the final it’s always 10 million + .

Its far more respected as a show in the UK as well, the X factor has lost its appeal the figures are half what they used to be and nobody mega agrees to play the finals with the contestants anymore!

But the effect of one great performance on one of these shows would do what her performance on the Brits couldn’t, shift sales of a new single !

Hope she does it.

To be fair a music release in the fall has many promo opportunities I can’t wait to see what she does. 

1 minute ago, Confessit said:

Agreed. In terms of viewership the figure for a Saturday night are enourmous ! Especially the final it’s always 10 million + .

Its far more respected as a show in the UK as well, the X factor has lost its appeal the figures are half what they used to be and nobody mega agrees to play the finals with the contestants anymore!

But the effect of one great performance on one of these shows would do what her performance on the Brits couldn’t, shift sales of a new single !

Hope she does it.

To be fair a music release in the fall has many promo opportunities I can’t wait to see what she does. 

The X factor announcing Robbie Williams and his she-man "wife" as their new judges put the final nails in its coffin. I hope she stays well away.

The thing about the Brits performance is that it got her unlimited publicity (granted for all the wrong reasons, but publicity is publicity) yet it did absolutely nothing for the song in the charts. 

One reason I would have hoped for a later release date is that they would finally be formulating a really great and far reaching promo campaign. Naive I know...

So now we are not happy the album is coming this year? She's not going to selle MILLIONS anyway, promo or not. I'm just happy I can enjoy new Madonna music AFTER almost 4 years soon.

Edited by cosmic_system

2 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

So now we are not happy...

Oh the irony.

7 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

She's not going to selle MILLIONS anyway, promo or not. 

Well maybe this one will manage just ONE million which the last one still hasn't reached, eh?

Or is wishing for success for your favourite artist not ALLOWED?

8 minutes ago, Kim said:

Oh the irony.

Well maybe this one will manage just ONE million which the last one still hasn't reached, eh?

Or is wishing for success for your favourite artist not ALLOWED?

I wish she can sell 25 millions albums, but I'm just realistic it's not going to happen now no matter how great the album and the promo is. She did lots of promo for RH and YES it sold a million copies according to Wikipedia (I know it's not a great source but it's better than nothing) but it didn't smash the charts because nobody does that anymore (Adele aside).

Rebel Heart ended 2015 as the 39th best selling album of the year with sales of 900,000 copies, and by March 2016 it sold an estimated one million copies worldwide

And we don't know what promo she's going to do. It's not like spring has lots of slots for promo, end of the year is better.

Edited by cosmic_system

25 minutes ago, Kim said:

The X factor announcing Robbie Williams and his she-man "wife" as their new judges put the final nails in its coffin. I hope she stays well away.

The thing about the Brits performance is that it got her unlimited publicity (granted for all the wrong reasons, but publicity is publicity) yet it did absolutely nothing for the song in the charts. 

One reason I would have hoped for a later release date is that they would finally be formulating a really great and far reaching promo campaign. Naive I know...

I think this series of Xfactor will be its last.

I think the answer to that is the song (in my humble opinion) she might of got a ton of publicity for the BRITS but the song wasnt strong enough to carry. Same thing happened with Super Bowl, tens of millions watching and all the massive press coverage couldn’t turn GNAYL into a hit! (Again, wrong song in my humble opinion).

With Mirwais on board I think this time round we will get the right song.

Bring it on Madonna we are ready !!! 

3 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

And we don't know what promo she's going to do. It's not like spring has lots of slots for promo, end of the year is better.

End of year has loads of promo potential.

2 minutes ago, Confessit said:

I think this series of Xfactor will be its last.

I think the answer to that is the song (in my humble opinion) she might of got a ton of publicity for the BRITS but the song wasnt strong enough to carry. Same thing happened with Super Bowl, tens of millions watching and all the massive press coverage couldn’t turn GNAYL into a hit! (Again, wrong song in my humble opinion).

With Mirwais on board I think this time round we will get the right song.

Bring it on Madonna we are ready !!! 

True about the actual songs bit. No matter how much she shoved living for love and ghosttown in people's faces they were never going to be hits. It needs that certain je ne sais quoi...who knows if mirwais has it in him but ultimately its up to M. It would be SO amazing for her to get #1s all over the world. If she were to get that would she be the oldest female to accomplish that?

5 minutes ago, Confessit said:

End of year has loads of promo potential.

The only thing not happening from the last promo she did are the Brits and the Grammys. All the talk shows are on the air, and the American Music Awards are in november I believe if she really wants to do an award show. Also the MTV Europe Music Awards are in november. It's not like she never released and album in the fall. The last big album she was was released in november. Finally she realized the spring release is not working. 

Edited by cosmic_system

12 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

I wish she can sell 25 millions albums, but I'm just realistic it's not going to happen now no matter how great the album and the promo is. She did lots of promo for RH and YES it sold a million copies according to Wikipedia (I know it's not a great source but it's better than nothing) but it didn't smash the charts because nobody does that anymore (Adele aside).

Rebel Heart ended 2015 as the 39th best selling album of the year with sales of 900,000 copies, and by March 2016 it sold an estimated one million copies worldwide

How many times do I need to have this conversation?

I put it in the context of where I live. The UK, which is (was) Madonna's second biggest market. RH opened on a shockingly low number, it has sold badly in total, her reputation is in tatters and her last tour took forever to "sell out". The sum total of her promo was a performance where she fell on her arse and one television interview. People think Madonna's last record was that one with Justin Timberlake. Get it? So ANYTHING better than that is what I want, not "20 million albums sold". 

Look, I want her 2 do well 2. But i'm so over this fixation with the promo stuff.

She debuted in ANOTHER CENTRURY. She 60 Y.O. and the most inluential female pop artist of ALL TIME.

I just want the music 2 b good. That's all. I don't care bout how many people watch X factor or the fucking Brit Awards.

I'd rather have a gazillion interviews cuz I wanna hear her talk and know more...u know stuff like that.

4 minutes ago, acko said:

Look, I want her 2 do well 2. But i'm so over this fixation with the promo stuff.

She debuted in ANOTHER CENTRURY. She 60 Y.O. and the most inluential female pop artist of ALL TIME.

I just want the music 2 b good. That's all. I don't care bout how many people watch X factor or the fucking Brit Awards.

I'd rather have a gazillion interviews cuz I wanna hear her talk and know more...u know stuff like that.

THIS.

Just now, acko said:

Yeah and the minute Madonna disassociates herself with bemouths like Live Nation/Ticketmaster/the latest hot rapper/Guy Oseary is when I'll temper my expectations. She's still playing in that landscape.

I'm not quite ready for the theatre tours and self published albums of world music and the "life ends at 60" pish.