M14 updates 2

3 hours ago, Rugbyguy said:

People who think Madonna would do something as tacky as using her birthday to capitalise on the campaign for her new music really don't know their Madonna very well and it astounds me coming from people who take the time to visit this forum.

exactly. she's not kylie.

3 hours ago, Rugbyguy said:

People who think Madonna would do something as tacky as using her birthday to capitalise on the campaign for her new music really don't know their Madonna very well and it astounds me coming from people who take the time to visit this forum.

M’s done many things in recent years that I would’ve expected her to find tacky and beneath her. But I can’t see her doing anything for her birthday other than taking a picture of herself as a cat on Snapchat.  

4 hours ago, peter said:

True about COADF, but I think she revealed the album title backstage at the Live 8 event, so that made sense. And I feel like she shot the album artwork in Aug just before the horseriding accident. Then she was in recovery mode, but somehow managed to film the Hung Up music video, rehearse for mini concerts (for promo tour) ... she was phenomenal. And I feel like it was August that we heard HU in part through the Motorola campaign...? Is my memory wrong?

I know this all doesn’t mean anything. But we’ll see.

Yeah, if we don't get some solid news soon, Q1 of 2019 might be more likely. :gross: I am assuming she will drop some hint in the new Vogue Italia (at least if the album is indeed coming this year). Crosses fingers!

The ramp up for her promo, video shoots, and what not usually requires 4-5 months. Confessions had its final mastering in late July 2005 and came out 3 months later. Unless the mastering is what has been going on in London recently, we may be in for a wait.

6 hours ago, Rugbyguy said:

This.

Yes, it would be an excellent promo opportunity, but never Madonna would do a thing like that unless she decided to enter the nostalgic act part of her career, which does not seem to be the case at the moment.

she doesnt have to be there in the studio for the mastering right? if she's ready with the album she could shoot the first video in september for an october/november release....hope she will at least say something about the album in the vogue Italia spread..

I see people still thinking about Madonna like she’s still living in 1998. Girlfriend did lots of things in the last 20 years that she would never have done with a knife pointing to her throat back in the 80s and 90s. 

I’m not saying she’s going to release something on her birthday, but just the fact that she’s going to be on the cover of Vogue the same month she’s turning 60 speaks for itself. She never did something like that before. 

Edited by cosmic_system

24 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

I see people still thinking about Madonna like she’s still living in 1998. Girlfriend did lots of things in the last 20 years that she would never have done with a knife pointing to her throat back in the 80s and 90s. 

I’m not saying she’s going to release something on her birthday, but just the fact that she’s going to be on the cover of Vogue the same month she’s turning 60 speaks for itself. She never did something like that before. 

True, and we also have to take into account that ageism has become a sort of staple statement and theme in her work, largely due to others. But for her to take control of it around her 60th instead of the press regarding it as her entering the golden years, and showing the world she has no intention of slowing down or mellowing might be a good kick in the teeth for the largely ageist society we live in. Fuck 'm all!

2 minutes ago, Andra said:

In August she'll be somewhere in Europe celebrating with all friends and kids, drinking too much wine and having cake, not releasing music lmao.

Yes because she needs to be in the studio uploading the files on every single streaming service by herself right? 🤣

Since everybody loves to compare 2018 with the past, let’s not forget she released Music while still pregnant and didn’t promote it for the first few months. And it was released in august. And her birthday was in august  back in 2000 too lol. Pregnant birthday girl releasing a single! 

Edited by cosmic_system

9 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

Yes because she needs to be in the studio uploading the files on every single streaming service by herself right? 🤣

Yeah, she's there every step of the way. When was the last time she went on vacation while she let others handle her music and release her singles, really?

When it's work, it's work, and  when it's personal time, it's personal time.

Madonna's been unpredictable for many times in her career. If she want to release the record this years, she will. If next year, she will. But at least she could give us some hint what to expect.

She could have definitely released an EP single, a standalone download on iTunes. Doesn’t need to be with an album preorder. I’ve said this so many times. Many artists are doing this now days. Just release one song, do the video later. Many fans are not necessarily impatient for the album. We realize the album is in the process and it takes time. But one or two songs released as standalone EP downloads on iTunes and streaming media would have just created more buzz and people would have streamed the hell out of them! I’ve tried messaging Oseary about it. I mean why not? Most current artists practice this approach and it really works! And then when the album actually gets a release, even if there are changes to the songs, it’s ok. The EP releases won’t effect the album in any negative way! But giving something to the fans while working on the album is not such a terrible idea. 

35 minutes ago, Katypatra said:

She could have definitely released an EP single, a standalone download on iTunes. Doesn’t need to be with an album preorder. I’ve said this so many times. Many artists are doing this now days. Just release one song, do the video later. Many fans are not necessarily impatient for the album. We realize the album is in the process and it takes time. But one or two songs released as standalone EP downloads on iTunes and streaming media would have just created more buzz and people would have streamed the hell out of them! I’ve tried messaging Oseary about it. I mean why not? Most current artists practice this approach and it really works! And then when the album actually gets a release, even if there are changes to the songs, it’s ok. The EP releases won’t effect the album in any negative way! But giving something to the fans while working on the album is not such a terrible idea. 

Definitely out of the norm for Madonna but I would LOVE it!

2 hours ago, Katypatra said:

I agree... even if it’s a song or two... just to keep the buzz going. 

5 hours ago, Andra said:

Yeah, she's there every step of the way. When was the last time she went on vacation while she let others handle her music and release her singles, really?

When it's work, it's work, and  when it's personal time, it's personal time.

SO in summer 2000 she wasn’t professional. Ok. 

Edited by cosmic_system

12 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

Didn't her contract say 3 albums in 10 years, a contract from 2008, wouldn't she need to release it this year?

yes but if the album is technically done and at least one single released before the end of the year, perhaps that will let her release it next year?

she either doesn't know what #soon means or she needs to change it to #maybesoon

She used to be all for the fans....the unreleased song Supernatural added to the flip side of Cherish...or Spotlight (from TB sessions) for YCD...last minute track change with Ain’t No Big Deal on flip side of Papa Don’t Preach...hell even a one off project like Santa Baby to bridge the gap

something from M14 sessions she knows she’s not gonna use on said album would suffice! 

It seems like that’s because the albums were actually finished and she sat on them....but the last time it bit her in the ass by leaking!

2 hours ago, Aries said:

It seems like that’s because the albums were actually finished and she sat on them....but the last time it bit her in the ass by leaking!

I know, still mad the album and single version of BIM weren't the final Diplo mix. Obviously would have been if they hadn't rushed out the Decmeber 2014 6 track release.

1 hour ago, Arnian said:

I know, still mad the album and single version of BIM weren't the final Diplo mix. Obviously would have been if they hadn't rushed out the Decmeber 2014 6 track release.

Wasn’t the final Diplo mix submitted but she preferred the mix that ended up on the album? 

If that wasn’t the case then Diplo basically took half a year to finish BIM and it was too late, I’m sure I remember her posting on Insta she was working on an unusual f’ed up song back in the summer of 2014. The producers schedules was what she struggled with.

1 hour ago, Arnian said:

Well from what i understood was the diplo mix was before SOPHIE then once she got involved she added her signature bleeps and bloops. 

32 minutes ago, Showdown said:

Well from what i understood was the diplo mix was before SOPHIE then once she got involved she added her signature bleeps and bloops. 

The Demo sounds much more SOPHIEsque

Well, to each their own but I prefer the album version of BIM. They play these horrible remixes in the clubs, even tho the album version is a thousand times better.