Boys and coach found in cave after 10 days

Fantastic news that 12 boys and their Soccer coach have been found alive in a cave complex in Thailand.  Now the long task of freeing the boys and the coach.   Hoping these brave tired boys can be released from the cave soon. Such a complex, frightening and dangerous situation for them.  

Always happy to see good news like this being reported when it seems everything else is so doom and gloom much of the time. 

Hopefully a quick and safe recovery for them all.

just read an article explaining that they might stay in the cave for up to 4 months, due to parts of the cave being flooded, so now teams are finding a way to bring them supplies for the next few months. Apparently the only way out is a 6 hour dive through mud, and it's difficult even for skilled professionals, so now teams are deciding what to do. Parts of the cave that can be drilled from the surface are not connected to the chamber where the kids are, and diving is impossible for them at the moment because the kids are not trained for that, so for the time being it seems like they will be stuck there.

Unbelievable story, surely a movie will be made some day.

Edited by functions_X

I can't believe they'll be stuck in there at least a few more months cause there's pretty much no way to get them out. How big is that space? Where do they even poop/piss?

14 hours ago, functions_X said:

just read an article explaining that they might stay in the cave for up to 4 months, due to parts of the cave being flooded, so now teams are finding a way to bring them supplies for the next few months. Apparently the only way out if a 6 hour dive through mud, and it's difficult even for skilled professionals, so now teams are deciding what to do. Parts of the cave that can be drilled from the surface are not connected to the chamber where the kids are, and diving is impossible for them at the moment because the kids are not trained for that, so for the time being it seems like they will be stuck there.

Wow what an incredible and crazy situation. Hoping they get out much sooner.

On 7/4/2018 at 8:50 AM, functions_X said:

just read an article explaining that they might stay in the cave for up to 4 months, due to parts of the cave being flooded, so now teams are finding a way to bring them supplies for the next few months. Apparently the only way out is a 6 hour dive through mud, and it's difficult even for skilled professionals, so now teams are deciding what to do. Parts of the cave that can be drilled from the surface are not connected to the chamber where the kids are, and diving is impossible for them at the moment because the kids are not trained for that, so for the time being it seems like they will be stuck there.

11 hours ago, LSD said:

This is such a nightmare for all involved.  So incredibly sad for the brave man who gave his life to come out of retirement to be involved in this rescue.  He is a true hero. . 

The options that the rescue mission have to consider are all full of extreme danger for the boys and their coach.  The fact that a fit, trained, experienced diver lost his life rams home just how hard this mission is.  Weakened, exhausted, frightened children who can't swim have little chance of surviving diving through the waters of this treacherous cave. Drilling is also incredibly dangerous and could be fatal.   It really is a terrible situation and I hope that the boys and their coach all are rescued safely.  

I'm pleased that they are alive but the question begs what on earth were they doing down there in the first place? 

4 minutes ago, nightcutter said:

I'm pleased that they are alive but the question begs what on earth were they doing down there in the first place? 

Honestly, I’m so mad at them! That coach! What was he thinking? I know it doesn’t help and I’m glad as everyone they’ve been found alive, but still ... that’s a lesson no one needed to learn. 

2 hours ago, Lolo said:

Honestly, I’m so mad at them! That coach! What was he thinking? I know it doesn’t help and I’m glad as everyone they’ve been found alive, but still ... that’s a lesson no one needed to learn. 

It seems they went in to protect thenselves from the rain but then got trapped

6 hours ago, nightcutter said:

apparently they went in to write their names in the cave as some sort of a maturity initiation ritual (  :rolleyes:  )and as the cave started getting flooded they went deeper and deeper to find shelter

I can’t believe they are doing this. That’s so scary. Please please let it all go smoothly without further complications! I pray they all get out alive and safe. 

Is anyone else confused about the mini submarines by Elon Musk? I can't help to think this is for PR purposes only. How are those supposed to be helpful in this particular situation? I guess they did not watch the news? They are showing models of the caves and the way they have to take through the tunnels all the time. Much of this is extremely narrow, they basically have to climb through holes. Not everything is under water. There is just no way they could use those submarines in there. 

All of the boys and the coach have been rescued.  :clap: What a relief and wonderful effort. The rescue team has done an amazing job and should be honoured. Saman Kunan, the navy seal who came out of retirement to volunteer his services and who lost his life laying oxygen for the boys should be honoured and remembered for his bravery and ultimate sacrifice. 

Bravo to all the very courageous folks who helped get these people out.👍

It could've been an epic disaster but wind up feeling like a miracle....

On 7/3/2018 at 5:58 PM, Jazzy Jan said:

Fantastic news that 12 boys and their Soccer coach have been found alive in a cave complex in Thailand.  Now the long task of freeing the boys and the coach.   Hoping these brave tired boys can be released from the cave soon. Such a complex, frightening and dangerous situation for them.  

Thank God... Awesome news indeed😀. God is faithful. Not surprisingly mainstream media inanely chundered doom and gloom at the prospects of the coach and boys being found alive.