M14 updates

4 hours ago, Andra said:

Just put out a lead single that is on par with Hung Up, Music or Frozen, I mean if she flops even when the music is THAT good , then we can discuss.

:clap:

9 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

It definitely takes more than it just being a good song/video these days. She's released songs the last 10 yrs that regardless of my own opinion of them, if released by a younger artist would be a hit.....Ghosttown is the most obvious example but Revolver and GGW also come to mind. Idk what the magic ingredient is these days tbqh. Obviously streaming is big but how to make that happen for an artist like Madonna? For radio, payola is an option but would we really want her to get hits that way? As far as album sales go, I think even if it's well received, it's most likely going to sell about half of the nearly million that RH has sold. If the music is good, none of this really matters anyways though. I'm still waiting for her to release an all around bad album. She never has and I don't suspect it's going to start happening with M14 either! 

OK but she s given us  and the world hits , iconic eras , visuals and stunning performance form about 40years ... I d be fine and more with great music  , some promo and a tour .

Back in 1998 when Cher released Believe, the only reason it played on the radio everywhere was because it was a catchy, innovative song that everyone wanted to hear! The autotune was something new and the overall sound of the song was very creative and well produced. The message related to younger people and in the video, Cher wasn’t trying to be one with the teens, she was kind of like a mentor, a goddess of broken hearts or something, hovering above the younger generation, asking them, “do you believe in love after love?” That kind of premise worked for her and put her in the top charts in her 50s! I love songs from MDNA and Rebel Heart bud I’m still waiting for M’s “version of Believe” if that makes any sense. I think Bitch I’m Madonna was the closest but still missed the radio play, probably because it wasn’t the first single and the word “Bitch” may have thrown off some people. So if M still wants to reach younger generation, Mirwais would have to work hard on coming up with something mature yet innovative, new, catchy and relatable to teens! It will need to be introduced with confidence and I promise, it will break all the charts all over the place. M pretty much needs to go back to her dancing roots for this to happen. All the gays know she’s the Queen of pop, all the young people know she’s someone big in music, but everyone is still waiting for her to take them to the dance floor and really just kick their ass!! 

8 minutes ago, Katypatra said:

Back in 1998 when Cher released Believe, the only reason it played on the radio everywhere was because it was a catchy, innovative song that everyone wanted to hear! The autotune was something new and the overall sound of the song was very creative and well produced. The message related to younger people and in the video, Cher wasn’t trying to be one with the teens, she was kind of like a mentor, a goddess of broken hearts or something, hovering above the younger generation, asking them, “do you believe in love after love?” That kind of premise worked for her and put her in the top charts in her 50s! I love songs from MDNA and Rebel Heart bud I’m still waiting for M’s “version of Believe” if that makes any sense. I think Bitch I’m Madonna was the closest but still missed the radio play, probably because it wasn’t the first single and the word “Bitch” may have thrown off some people. So if M still wants to reach younger generation, Mirwais would have to work hard on coming up with something mature yet innovative, new, catchy and relatable to teens! It will need to be introduced with confidence and I promise, it will break all the charts all over the place. M pretty much needs to go back to her dancing roots for this to happen. All the gays know she’s the Queen of pop, all the young people know she’s someone big in music, but everyone is still waiting for her to take them to the dance floor and really just kick their ass!! 

100% agree. 

Spoiler

I think also if she had the first song attached to a brand either a successful movie, tv show, or product. This might be a way to come back and possibly get radio on board. If it was tied to the right product. I think also if she had the first song attached to a brand either a successful movie, tv show, or product. This might be a way to come back and possibly get radio on board. If it was tied to the right product. 

Edited by madwilleeee

2 hours ago, ashtangi74 said:

True,  but still i want her to have a big number one, chart succes. 'Cause she deserves it..

That's true - and I don't want to hear that whiny tale of "charts doesn't count anymore" again. This is no acceptable option for the Queen of Pop. Of course she fights and works hard to get her next worldwide (and especially U.S.) number one.

2 hours ago, Katypatra said:

You absolutely hit the nail on the head. We need that song that sounds like MAGIC. No pun intended. 

When Cher had a hit with Believe, there wasn't streaming. I wonder how Believe would have charted today in the age of streaming. 

Have there been any older artists who have had huge chart hits since the inclusion of streaming in the charts? 

I think also if she had the first song attached to a brand either a successful movie, tv show, or product. This might be a way to come back and possibly get radio on board. If it was tied to the right product. I think also if she had the first song attached to a brand either a successful movie, tv show, or product. This might be a way to come back and possibly get radio on board. If it was tied to the right product.  

Just now, madwilleeee said:

Iagree with you..something à la twilight or hunger games

14 minutes ago, systemvalues said:

Iagree with you..something à la twilight or hunger games

I don't think there are any current franchises outside DC/Marvel with that power to crossover a song, though. We certainly don't want M singing a song for Star Wars lol 

5 minutes ago, nobelson said:

I don't think there are any current franchises outside DC/Marvel with that power to crossover a song, though. We certainly don't want M singing a song for Star Wars lol 

If the song is good why not...she made DAD 😉

I think Hung Up was Madonnas "Believe"  which is a shame because we need it now lol

As far as a franchise l don't know what would work but It could be a TV show as well.  13 Reasons Why songs by Selena and One Republic are doing well.   Maybe Madonna could have Game of Thrones lol

13 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Thank God nobody is manager here. The amount of absurd things in JUST ONE PAGE :lmao:

I know right? I just came here and it’s scary! Wtf....

Madonna was near enough Cher’s age when 4 Minutes was released in 2008, which was huge and is one of her most streamed songs.

In terms of “comeback” Hung Up pretty much matched the success of Believe... Also, Madonna had her very own successful comeback in the same year as Cher with her Ray of Light album.

Madonna is 60 this year, will these “she needs a Believe” conversations still be going on in another 10 years time?

How many comebacks does the highest grossing female tour artist and selling artist need. Let her rock out...pop out, folk out... bossa nova..fado..hip hop...dance out whatever she wants...I will be a fan regardless #soon, Q4, or in 2019. 

27 minutes ago, Steve said:

How many comebacks does the highest grossing female tour artist and selling artist need. Let her rock out...pop out, folk out... bossa nova..fado..hip hop...dance out whatever she wants...I will be a fan regardless #soon, Q4, or in 2019. 

Amen

23 hours ago, peppermint said:

I agree but let's take Ghosttown as an example, it had that beautiful song/video combo and we know how that turned out. I think we need more than that.

an album highlight, yes... but nothing mindblowing and the video doesn't have a replay value. Let's be honest.

If you want a hit, the single has to be FRESH AND CATCHY like Music, Hung Up or 4 Minutes. If not, you need big fanbase to push it. That is why Bitch I'm Madonna got more attention that the other two. She got the attention of others fanbases with the video and was the more "fresh" song on Rebel Heart.

Dark Horse is another perfect example of a real hit. That song wasn't intended to be a single but it went straight to the number 1 anyway. It sounds like a hit. The lyrics are great, the production is still fresh, the radios picked the song without any push from Katy's team.

Look What You Made Me Do by Taylor Swift is a terrible song. So tuneless but it was n1 on Billboard. Why? Because she has a lot of fans and because that video was AMAZING. +40 million views the first day. It was so well done.

Sorry by Bieber too. Started a whole trend back then.

If the song is destined to be a success, it will be.

17 hours ago, yououghttavogue said:

I see a lot of people discussing whether another chart hit is viable Madonna... to be honest what I'd like to see more is critical acclaim. Her music hasn't been really lauded since COADF (though Rebel Heart seemed to be warmly received by critics), so I would like to see music publications go crazy over her new music!!! In my humble opinion: Critical reception>>> the  charts.

See, I think even critical acclaim is harder for her to come by these days. There's just as much payola involved in that as there is with radio play. I firmly believe if ROL were released today, under her current label, in the current climate at her current age, there's no way it would get the acclaim it got in '98.....and that obviously has NOTHING to do with the quality of the music but more in the times we live. Where are the serious music journalists now anyways?? It seems like most "reviews" are bloggers now. Let's face it, anything she releases is going to be a hard sale for a twenty something blogger going into reviewing it with a chip on their shoulder anyways cuz "ugh....old Madonna trying AGAIN"......sure we still have Rolling Stone and a couple others but even their online articles these days are sketch to say the least. Even "legit" publications have a cheap, tabloid-ish feel to their articles now a lot of times. I hate to sound pessimistic but the reality is, as far as any type of success on the scale people want to see here, the uphill battle is pretty much vertical at this point...lol....it's NOT going to be an easy thing no matter how great the music is.

Also, I've noticed a lot of backpedaling in recent years with reviews of her work. Overall, RH did actually get moderate leaning more toward the positive side in it's reviews.....but then it wasn't a massive hit and people started backtracking on their opinions. I noticed that here even. If Hung Up weren't the massive smash that it was, would it REALLY be looked at as fondly today or would it just be another "decent" later career Madonna dance track as so many of her other singles have been labeled in recent years? I don't care what anyone says, success does affect the opinion of the work for many people....for various reasons. Makes sense in some ways as when a song is played a lot and many people connect to it, music really does "make the people come together"....memories are created around the music in turn making the songs "classic". That's hard to do no matter how good the song is when nobody is hearing it.