M14 updates

1 minute ago, Kim said:

She doesn't get a choice when to shoot. If MGM have decided the film will shoot this year (which is what one of the press releases intimated) then shoot this year she will.

I absolutely DO think she would sit on her music while taking the rare opportunity that she's been given by a major studio to shoot one of their films.

Just a few posts above we have someone saying they could be shooting a Vogue spread so no, it's not "rather obvious" that they are shooting the album cover. 

I agree she will have to do what the studio says but another article said they haven’t even cast yet and the whole project is to be filmed next year.

I doubt Madonna would want to sit on music after the leaks of RH.

That would be incredibly high risk for her.

They could be shooting a Vogue spread but with her usual album artwork team in town and I think it’s for the album. 

Just now, Confessit said:

I agree she will have to do what the studio says but another article said they haven’t even cast yet and the whole project is to be filmed next year.

They could be shooting a Vogue spread but with her usual album artwork team in town and I think it’s for the album. 

I have a feeling, she's going to release the album this fall and hold off on touring until later next year after she directs.   If you recall, there was some talk that she was looking for dates for France for Sept/Oct. of 2019.  So maybe she's planning to tour next fall or late summer.   This would give her time to promote the album the rest of the year, then start directing at the start of the new year.  A lot of the casting and such can be done prior to her actually directing.  She can do much of this before the end of the year.  If she spends 4 or 5 months on the film, and then go into tour rehearsals late spring/summer then she will be able to tour late summer/fall.  But of course, this all depends on how involved she will be in the editing of the film as well as how big of a tour she's planning to do. 

Anyway, that's just my two cents about it.  

1 minute ago, Confessit said:

They may well not have cast yet (or they may have) but I don't recall any article saying it would be filmed next year. Feel free to dig it up though as I'd like to see.

One would hope the necessary security precautions are well in place to prevent a leak. Everyone else seems to manage just fine. No risk detected

I've already pointed out that Madonna's hair and make up for her album covers are usually done by the best beauty teams in the biz. Garren being her go-to for haIr for many years. That may have changed, but one hopes not.

Next...

34 minutes ago, XXBrendonXX said:

Since her singles don't chart anymore, it's not an impossibly idea, but I think the first single is inevitable.  At this point, "a surprise release" is no longer possible since everyone knows she's working on an album.  😉

So I predict we'll be getting this album this fall.  Sounds like a team is with her doing some shoot for the album/video (at least I hope and it's not just for MDNAskin again).  

I hope the first video will feature a lot of on location shots of Lisbon and/or the country side.  But I guess it depends on the song as well.

Well if we are talking about the way Beyoncé "surprised released"  both her last albums people knew she was working on them as well. A surprise release is just releasing it randomly without letting people know the release date. But I think a first single is absolutely needed for Madonna. It may not chart well but it gets her name out there. 

I wouldn't mind a photo shoot that's outside. It's been a while since Madonna has done something  like that. 

14 minutes ago, XXBrendonXX said:

I have a feeling, she's going to release the album this fall and hold off on touring until later next year after she directs.   If you recall, there was some talk that she was looking for dates for France for Sept/Oct. of 2019.  So maybe she's planning to tour next fall or late summer.   This would give her time to promote the album the rest of the year, then start directing at the start of the new year.  A lot of the casting and such can be done prior to her actually directing.  She can do much of this before the end of the year.  If she spends 4 or 5 months on the film, and then go into tour rehearsals late spring/summer then she will be able to tour late summer/fall.  But of course, this all depends on how involved she will be in the editing of the film as well as how big of a tour she's planning to do. 

Anyway, that's just my two cents about it.  

I agree if anything here is going to be delayed it’s a tour not the album.

6 minutes ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

Well if we are talking about the way Beyoncé "surprised released"  both her last albums people knew she was working on them as well. A surprise release is just releasing it randomly without letting people know the release date. But I think a first single is absolutely needed for Madonna. It may not chart well but it gets her name out there. 

I wouldn't mind a photo shoot that's outside. It's been a while since Madonna has done something  like that. 

True.  I don't follow Beyonce', so I really had no idea what was already spilled regarding her new album, so I guess the same could be said of Madonna if she just released an album without a press release (which is what she usually does before releasing an album). 

And I agree about the first single.  I just meant that her singles aren't charting like they used to, so I can see her forgoing the usual roll out for singles anymore.  I doubt that she'll do that though.  😉

2 hours ago, Krazy Kid said:

It's Mert & Marcus so it's gonna be a close-up photo with a random effect that every fan will be obsessed with for the next few weeks after album cover revealing

madonna-mdna-miltonious-free-album-2012.jpg

w1Z_2FLMai8.jpg

Oh please no, i don't want anything on her face again, no glass effect, no ropes or anything ! It was cool and 'arty' for two times but now it's time to move on to something else !

1 minute ago, El baron said:

Oh please no, i don't want anything on her face again, no glass effect, no ropes or anything ! It was cool and 'arty' for two times but now it's time to move on to something else !

MDNA and RH covers are among her most iconic. M&M did great. I expect the same level of greatness.

Just now, El baron said:

If her theme is Joan of Arc expect flames or smoke or something over her face. Also black and white. 🤓

Just now, elijah said:

MDNA and RH covers are among her most iconic. M&M did great. I expect the same level of greatness.

Both covers have a splash of iconic Madonna whilst being really modern at the same time.

I didn’t like the inside artwork for MDNA personally I thought it was a bit cheap but the RH artwork was beautiful.

1 hour ago, Nikki said:

a guy commenting is talking about a vogue italia cover. I don't know how he would know, but thought to share

Giovanni Bianko is a creative director of Vogue Italia and Mert & Marcus have a contract with Vogue Italia this year, so unfortunately this photoshoot is probably another promo for new MDNA Skin product that's coming out this fall 

1 minute ago, Krazy Kid said:

Giovanni Bianko is a creative director of Vogue Italia and Mert & Marcus have a contract with Vogue Italia this year, so unfortunately this photoshoot is probably another promo for new MDNA Skin product that's coming out this fall 

Get real, why you would automatically relate this to skincare is ignorant. With all that is going on at this moment concerning her recording career it's OBVIOUS this is music related! The constant debbie down-ing and skincare chit chat is getting annoying and is uncalled for!

11 minutes ago, robster said:

Get real, why you would automatically relate this to skincare is ignorant. With all that is going on at this moment concerning her recording career it's OBVIOUS this is music related! The constant debbie down-ing and skincare chit chat is getting annoying and is uncalled for!

Well... I also think this is album related but we don't know anything for sure at the moment. Everything is speculation, everything is possible. 

Just now, robster said:

New MDNA Skin product is real, it's coming out this fall and she already shooted new ad with Fatjewish and photoshoot with Klein for it. All these "music related" things are just fans dreams and wishes. We know nothing about new album and how far it's from being finished. Remember in August 2014 she posted "the calm before the storm" and fanbase just exploded saying she's ready to slay and in October 2014 Guy O said they are still looking for producer for the album. I think we should be happy with these MDNA Skin promo campaign cause it gives us new events and photoshoots which are so rare for M these days

14 minutes ago, robster said:

To be fair, there have been much speculation of a lot of shoots/videos shoots in the past that ended up being MDNA skin related while she's been recording the album.  So it's natural for some people to doubt.  That said, I'm all up for it being album related.  At some point, it's gotta happen, so why not now?  I'm excited.  I'm ready! Bring on the new album.... okay, I can wait until fall if I must. 🤣

26 minutes ago, robster said:

thanks.

We need some positivity 

12 minutes ago, Krazy Kid said:

New MDNA Skin product is real, it's coming out this fall and she already shooted new ad with Fatjewish and photoshoot with Klein for it. All these "music related" things are just fans dreams and wishes. We know nothing about new album and how far it's from being finished. Remember in August 2014 she posted "the calm before the storm" and fanbase just exploded saying she's ready to slay and in October 2014 Guy O said they are still looking for producer for the album. I think we should be happy with these MDNA Skin promo campaign cause it gives us new events and photoshoots which are so rare for M these days

so true. with RH didnt she tease us for a year or more with album updates.  argh.

but it must be a good sign that MDNASkin is continuously releasing new products.  it must be doing shit loads of cash money!

54 minutes ago, elijah said:

53 minutes ago, Confessit said:

Both covers have a splash of iconic Madonna whilst being really modern at the same time.

To me Like a virgin, True blue, Ray of light, Music or COADF are more iconic and she doens't have any shit on her face.

Remember when she did magazines covers to promote her music? Maybe this Vogue Italia cover is going to be used for that, unless she does the usual stupid cover girl promo months before a new album. I still believe the album is coming this year. According to IMDB the film is still “in development” not even in pre-production, the same goes for the other film,  Ade, that she announced years ago.  

Edited by cosmic_system

47 minutes ago, robster said:

Very! And it came from the same! 

24 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

Remember when she did magazines covers to promote her music? Maybe this Vogue Italia cover is going to be used for that, unless she does the usual stupid cover girl promo months before a new album. I still believe the album is coming this year. According to IMDB the film is still “in development” not even in pre-production, the same goes for the other film,  Ade, that she announced years ago.  

I’m sure they’ll be a magazine spread for this album as well.

Its exciting if the MDNA skin promos are anything to go by her creativity is sky high!

I can’t wait for new Madonna visuals

She did do that with sex book, erotica, and body of evidence with magazine interviews back in the day.

Cross promotion is her middle name but I doubt she will talking about the skin range when the music drops.

I don’t think the skin range is launching anywhere but her Instagram page is it?

Be nice to see full page ads in magazines promoting it but it’s a niche product is it not?

Unlike the perfume available on mass and very commercial.

I don't mind the MDNA skin line.  I'll never use it, and have no interest in it.  Though, I do love all the promotion behind it, including the creative and artistic videos that came of it.  (I know, I know! That's purely subjective, so spare me the "artistic" argument because my point is regarding the new album).  She's taken much opportunity before this new album to promote the hell out of it.  So again, as I don't mind the whole MDNAskin line, I do hope once the album is rolled out, she'll focus only on that.  I think she needs to put just as much energy and passion in promoting that as her skin line of late. 

3 minutes ago, XXBrendonXX said:

I don't mind the MDNA skin line.  I'll never use it, and have no interest in it.  Though, I do love all the promotion behind it, including the creative and artistic videos that came of it.  (I know, I know! That's purely subjective, so spare me the "artistic" argument because my point is regarding the new album).  She's taken much opportunity before this new album to promote the hell out of it.  So again, as I don't mind the whole MDNAskin line, I do hope once the album is rolled out, she'll focus only on that.  I think she needs to put just as much energy and passion in promoting that as her skin line of late. 

She gave the perfume 5 minutes exposure and it seemed forced but she seems really into the skin range and the promo has been gorgeous, fun and iconic.

I wish it was wider than her Instagram id love to see those fun ads on TV like the H&M campaign because I think the public would love it!

55 minutes ago, Confessit said:

She gave the perfume 5 minutes exposure and it seemed forced but she seems really into the skin range and the promo has been gorgeous, fun and iconic.

I wish it was wider than her Instagram id love to see those fun ads on TV like the H&M campaign because I think the public would love it!

If I recall, she had some major issues with the perfume and eventually gave up.  Maybe someone who knows the facts can share that with us, and I can't recall the specifics. I just recall in an interview she seemed put out by it all.  The skin line seems to be going more her way, so she's behind it!!  

12 minutes ago, animalinstinct said:

Excited for Mert & Marcus being involved in the possible album shoot. They just ‘get’ her. 

I totally agree!  I love all of the shoots they've done with her.