M14 updates

7 hours ago, Katypatra said:

68AAD98E-3285-4934-A6DD-A3D68C438B1C.jpeg

Song is called “I Will Survive”. Interesting. If beautifully arranged and performed, this has so much potential!! 🙏🏼♥️✨

No - its called "I Will Survie". haha. It's certainty very relevant to today. I.m hoping for an anthem of empowerment.

4 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Says me!

Even those covers we don't like much are after a couple of years ICONIC. I don't like the HC cover much, but now I find it so clever! And i don't recall another cover I don't like???? 

No, I mean who says they are shooting the album cover?

We'll find out soon enough what they are up to. But judging the team present in Lisbon and the timing it's safe to assume that it is at least something related to the new album, wether it is an album cover, a music video or a photoshoot for a magazine to promote the new release!

By the way I loved those images of Madonna with the clay mask of MDNA that she posted in her instagram. They were so captivating. I wish she had done something similar for the new video! 

30 minutes ago, karbatal said:

By the way I loved those images of Madonna with the clay mask of MDNA that she posted in her instagram. They were so captivating. I wish she had done something similar for the new video! 

Better than the Bride of Chucky ones?

But people shouldn't overrreact about it. Since a long time ago Madonna's visuals are not precisely to music videos for singles, but for INTERLUDES. Since Confessions. You compare Sorry or Jump to the video for Future Lovers, for example.. Not to mention the wonderful vid for Bedtime Stories (RIT).

3 minutes ago, El baron said:

As long its not the over done to death and so tired Leather S/M/Dita stuff i'll be fine.

+1 can we add Black & White and 40's glam waves to that! 

I want COLOUR and a set or a location!!! The sun is shining today, maybe they could OUTSIDE!!!

Guest jamesshot
4 hours ago, Glindathegood said:

I guess it depends on how you define a Greatest Hits tour. I don't see RIT as a Greatest Hits tour. Touring with a mix of new and older material is not a Greatest Hits tour. To me a Greatest Tour is one promoted as such with primarily Hits with just one or two new songs. But if she wants a new album to be successful, you have to perform the new songs. To say the way to make people buy a new album is by not performing most of it and just do older songs, is counter intuititive to me. People love hearing Hits and that would make people have a positive view of her and make her a lot of money but I don't see it causing any new albums to be more successful. 

Her playing mostly new material did not really help HC, MDNA or RH. The effect was negligible I would argue. While most left thinking she was amazing in concert, what I heard most was disgruntled fans because of the lack of hits and the lack of hits in their original form. Since SST, her numbers have diminished and in some markets, sharply. There are many reasons for this and one of them, IMO, is her not playing enough hits or enough of them in their original form. I know so many people who have not gone to see her since 1990 because they heard her set list was mostly new material or the hits weren't in their original form. Those who went, went to see SST. I know very few who went to SST AND MDNA or RHT.

Look, I LOVE that she is ballsy enough to do a tour of mostly new material and it has resulted in some amazing retakes on classics but it's time, I think, for her to give those beyond her hard core fans a tour they would love. 

I see a full body cover with bright colors and a sunny background. I could be wromg and its the total opposite but I sence a Ray of light across her face?cover 😍

9 minutes ago, jamesshot said:

Her playing mostly new material did not really help HC, MDNA or RH. The effect was negligible I would argue. While most left thinking she was amazing in concert, what I heard most was disgruntled fans because of the lack of hits and the lack of hits in their original form. Since SST, her numbers have diminished and in some markets, sharply. There are many reasons for this and one of them, IMO, is her not playing enough hits or enough of them in their original form. I know so many people who have not gone to see her since 1990 because they heard her set list was mostly new material or the hits weren't in their original form. Those who went, went to see SST. I know very few who went to SST AND MDNA or RHT.

Look, I LOVE that she is ballsy enough to do a tour of mostly new material and it has resulted in some amazing retakes on classics but it's time, I think, for her to give those beyond her hard core fans a tour they would love. 

I'm only up for Greatest Hits Tour if Stuart Price is involved. Otherwise they can keep it......M shouting out lyrics over the top of studio album versions doesn't fill me with any joy.

21 minutes ago, Mat.Guy said:

It’s confirmed that Aaron is in Lisbon. 

PLUS Giovanni Bianco just confirmed he’s in Lisbon too. Now it’s game on right???

No doubt about it.

Anyone who thought 2019 are now pleasantly surprised.

A fall release for the new album/era.

What if Madonna just released the album? No singles or anything. Just gave us a release date, and bam. Definitely not a surprise release....the last thing I want is every article comparing her to Beyonaise. And as soon as the album is released she can simultaneously drop a music video or two (which would have been filmed ahead of time of course)

I just don't see the point of singles when she doesn't have a proper label to handle that. And besides.....that method is so outdated. It's what we are used to so of course that's what we expect.

I wouldn't be opposed to her trying something different. 

1 minute ago, Barbie said:

What if Madonna just released the album? No singles or anything. Just gave us a release date, and bam. Definitely not a surprise release....the last thing I want is every article comparing her to Beyonaise. And as soon as the album is released she can simultaneously drop a music video or two. 

I just don't see the point of singles when she doesn't have a proper label to handle that. And besides.....that method is so outdated. It's what we are used to so of course that's what we expect.

I wouldn't be opposed to her trying something different. 

It’s an interesting concept but she is a traditionalist at heart and her lead singles have been centre point to launching her albums and eras.

I expect her to do at least some promo and I can imagine her taking a lead to the masses.

Im hoping (and imagine) we get 2 singles then the album but they need to be in quick succession with the videos filmed back-back.

I don’t expect her to just drop it without s build up, I doubt it would help her anyways with sales.

I imagine she will open the VMAs (I’m hoping) as I expect a birthday lead single and a massive performance would launch her back into the landscape. 

I think we are 2 months away from hearing the lead single.

Then I expect a second single with the album to be released in October.  

There are so many different things she could try.....but that would require a forward thinking team. Guy O is stuck in 98. They did do some interesting things last era....the snapchat debut of Living For Love etc etc.

But yeah.

24 minutes ago, Confessit said:

It’s an interesting concept but she is a traditionalist at heart and her lead singles have been centre point to launching her albums and eras.

I expect her to do at least some promo and I can imagine her taking a lead to the masses.

Im hoping (and imagine) we get 2 singles then the album but they need to be in quick succession with the videos filmed back-back.

I don’t expect her to just drop it without s build up, I doubt it would help her anyways with sales.

I imagine she will open the VMAs (I’m hoping) as I expect a birthday lead single and a massive performance would launch her back into the landscape. 

I think we are 2 months away from hearing the lead single.

Then I expect a second single with the album to be released in October.  

+1000 😊

1 hour ago, jamesshot said:

Are you for real tho? I went to see her at the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, the freaking b bile thumping country music city, and it was full! She made the same amount as the so called “current” flavor of the moment, Beyawnsé, with the RHT! And what other pop star still does that 30 years into her career? And why are you complaining about the lack of greatest hits when most of the songs on RH were greatest hits? For the record, Confessions and SST tour made a crazy amount of money and they were mostly songs from the most recent eras! Stop trying to shove Madonna back into the 80s and let her do her own art she feels most comfortable with and inspired by.