M14 updates

Guest jamesshot

She needs to repair her brand and name. She's done it before, masterfully, after the Sex book backlash and again after AL backlash. I think she tried with RH but it fell just shy of taking with the public. I really think she should do a GH tour and leverage some of the $$$$ to get great promo/payola/great press.

I just want a BAD ASS album that blows the critics away. She needs a masterpiece. I don't give a shit if it only sells 9 copies. 

1 hour ago, luluthecat said:

I’m actually desperate for her to post NOTHING from the shoot, I don’t want any ideas........no doubt she’ll post everything 😕

We knew already the look of the MET weeks before. I really want the surprise of the whole look this time (if there’s any). 

12 minutes ago, jamesshot said:

She needs to repair her brand and name. She's done it before, masterfully, after the Sex book backlash and again after AL backlash. I think she tried with RH but it fell just shy of taking with the public. I really think she should do a GH tour and leverage some of the $$$$ to get great promo/payola/great press.

I just want a BAD ASS album that blows the critics away. She needs a masterpiece. I don't give a shit if it only sells 9 copies. 

Don't think it works that way. Once you do a Greatest Hits tour, people will expect you to do one every time you tour, which is why she is probably reluctant to do one. Lots of artists do Greatest Hits tours, it usually doesn't lead to greater success for their new albums. The money they make goes to them personally which is great if you need it, but it doesn't convince labels to do more promotion. If anything it's the opposite it gets you off the track of being a contemporary artist releasing new music and pigeonholes you as just a Hits artist. Labels will say well, people only want to hear older stuff so why should we invest in your new album? 

If she is shooting the album artwork/cover this week then we can expect an October release since she shoots her album artwork about 3-4 months before the album drops.

I know she shot :

Confessions in July, album out November.

Hard Candy in December, album out April.

MDNA in December, album out March.

Rebel Heart in November, album out March.

Also she was still finishing the final mixes of RH when she shot the album cover as she worked on RH right through to Xmas 2014. 

Guest jamesshot
20 minutes ago, Glindathegood said:

Don't think it works that way. Once you do a Greatest Hits tour, people will expect you to do one every time you tour, which is why she is probably reluctant to do one. Lots of artists do Greatest Hits tours, it usually doesn't lead to greater success for their new albums. The money they make goes to them personally which is great if you need it, but it doesn't convince labels to do more promotion. If anything it's the opposite it gets you off the track of being a contemporary artist releasing new music and pigeonholes you as just a Hits artist. Labels will say well, people only want to hear older stuff so why should we invest in your new album? 

IDK, she did RIT with more hits than she had in awhile and it put her back on the map. GH tours create a lot of good will. People, who may not ordinarily buy a new album, leave happy. It may make them more receptive to her new music. In any case, she is entering a phase where her new music is not going to sell all that well. Her profile is very low right now. If she tours again with mostly new material, she'll do less $$$ than RHT. Which is fine but I hate to see her touring prowess diminish when it was the one thing she was still dominating. When most people tour, they tour with their hits mixed in with new material. I respect if she doesn't want to do a GH tour. I just think the time is now if she were to do one. She is still young enough to dazzle with dancing and singing. 

2 hours ago, robster said:

These are busy people, they do not ALL fly into  Lisbon exactly at the same time just for a social visit. They are on a schedule. Expect them to start shooting SOMETHING tomorrow! The previous album shoot took 3 days I think. Will be keeping a close eye on all their insta stories!

If she is shooting the photo for the album cover, then it is safe to say that her album might drop in 4 months...judging from previous album cover photo shoots...no?

7 minutes ago, Cyber-Raga said:

If she is shooting the photo for the album cover, then it is safe to say that her album might drop in 4 months...judging from previous album cover photo shoots...no?

Unless she's moving quicker to prevent potential leaks....

(wishful thinking) 

3 hours ago, robster said:

These are busy people, they do not ALL fly into  Lisbon exactly at the same time just for a social visit. They are on a schedule. Expect them to start shooting SOMETHING tomorrow! The previous album shoot took 3 days I think. Will be keeping a close eye on all their insta stories!

exactly - time is money.  sure they are friends.. but theres ALOT of money involved... this is a shoot for sure.  why are some people on here such negative asses...argh

1 hour ago, loowee said:

says nobody.

Yup. RIT was definately damage control for AL and a long with Live8 helped give her such positive anticipation for Confessions. All she needs to do is give a toura vague name, make sure to do one or two hits from each album along with her new album and we get the best of both worlds.

Not saying this to be negative — because I believe if hair and make-up are there, it’s probably a shoot — but Mert Alas posted a photo of Madonna on Instagram in April 2014, and the caption referred to listening to the new album, and he quoted “Inside Out.” Now, maybe it was demo versions of things, and maybe it was not finally mixed and mastered ... but just wondering, if creative collaborators were allowed to hear an early version of RH in April 2014 (almost a full year before the original planned release date — remember, Feb 2015 was the originally planned release of LFL as first single), has that stage already happened for this album? Are we sure we are at shooting stage, or is this the pre-meeting to get others inspired for future shoot concepts and styling?

Edited by peter

26 minutes ago, peter said:

Not saying this to be negative — because I believe if hair and make-up are there, it’s probably a shoot — but Mert Alas posted a photo of Madonna on Instagram in April 2014, and the caption referred to listening to the new album, and he quoted “Inside Out.” Now, maybe it was demo versions of things, and maybe it was not finally mixed and mastered ... but just wondering, if creative collaborators were allowed to hear an early version of RH in April 2014 (almost a full year before the original planned release date — remember, Feb 2015 was the originally planned release of LFL as first single), has that stage already happened for this album? Are we sure we are at shooting stage, or is this the pre-meeting to get others inspired for future shoot concepts and styling?

But this time she’s flying the whole crew to Portugal, instead of them just chilling in NYC and M inviting Mert to her place to listen to some music. I really don’t think she’s going to fly her makeup artist across the Atlantic just to get inspired. 

6 minutes ago, loowee said:

But this time she’s flying the whole crew to Portugal, instead of them just chilling in NYC and M inviting Mert to her place to listen to some music. I really don’t think she’s going to fly her makeup artist across the Atlantic just to get inspired. 

Mert wasn’t the only one last time — it was a whole creative team — Giovanni Bianco, et al. I don’t recall that hair and make-up were part of that last time, though, as I noted in my post. 

I don’t remember where the listening took place on that occasion, but I don’t think it was in NYC. I feel like it was somewhere in California, or somewhere in the Pacific time zone. So I think some people traveled for that one, too.

It’s a shame that the listening didn’t prevent the leaks — I would imagine the reason for doing it that way (as opposed to just sending everyone a digitally watermarked audio file) was to decrease the likelihood of a leak.

Guess I’m just wondering when she would have gotten on the same page with the album artwork collaborators. If this is the shoot, they have to have discussed earlier — and unsure whether they would have heard a preview of the album or not.

PS - People are saying we don’t know whether Aaron (make-up) is there. Allegedly Andy (hair) is there.

But Nicki Richards was in Portugal a while back, and it was nothing. We all assume a lot when someone with connections to M is in Portugal, but ... 

I hope it’s a shoot! 😉

1 minute ago, peter said:

Mert wasn’t the only one last time — it was a whole creative team — Giovanni Bianco, et al. I don’t recall that hair and make-up were part of that last time, though, as I noted in my post. 

I don’t remember where the listening took place on that occasion, but I don’t think it was in NYC. I feel like it was somewhere in California, or somewhere in the Pacific time zone. So I think some people traveled for that one, too.

It’s a shame that the listening didn’t prevent the leaks — I would imagine the reason for doing it that way (as opposed to just sending everyone a digitally watermarked audio file) was to decrease the likelihood of a leak.

Guess I’m just wondering when she would have gotten on the same page with the album artwork collaborators. If this is the shoot, they have to have discussed earlier — and unsure whether they would have heard a preview of the album or not.

Okay...but they could’ve been working on another magazine photoshoot and Madonna just wanted to give them a preview since it was...convenient? Didn’t she have a bunch of photo shoots with Marcus in 2014?

68AAD98E-3285-4934-A6DD-A3D68C438B1C.jpeg

Song is called “I Will Survive”. Interesting. If beautifully arranged and performed, this has so much potential!! 🙏🏼♥️✨

that explains why she keeps posting things about women getting burned and why Beautiful Game says "i might get burned". I like the concept

How to pass the time while waiting for a new Madonna album:

1. Make stuff up about the future

2. Make stuff up about the past

3. Go completely insane together.

I don't care what the new album is like or when, as long as she cuts her hair short and admits Im Breathless was a proper studio album.

6 hours ago, peter said:

PS - People are saying we don’t know whether Aaron (make-up) is there. Allegedly Andy (hair) is there.

But Nicki Richards was in Portugal a while back, and it was nothing. We all assume a lot when someone with connections to M is in Portugal, but ... 

I hope it’s a shoot! 😉

Andy posted a video of him at the airport with two trolley's full of suitcases and stuff. He's not there for a social visit. He's about to do some SERIOUS work! And with Mert & Marcus also there one can only guess what exactly they are in Lisbon for! I think the album is as good as complete, maybe apart from mixing. We are moving into the next phase, which is visuals!!! I'd say, new music within 2 to three months at the very latest. It doesnt make sense for her to wait untill 2019 and sit on this material for half a year or longer....

10 hours ago, jamesshot said:

IDK, she did RIT with more hits than she had in awhile and it put her back on the map. GH tours create a lot of good will. People, who may not ordinarily buy a new album, leave happy. It may make them more receptive to her new music. In any case, she is entering a phase where her new music is not going to sell all that well. Her profile is very low right now. If she tours again with mostly new material, she'll do less $$$ than RHT. Which is fine but I hate to see her touring prowess diminish when it was the one thing she was still dominating. When most people tour, they tour with their hits mixed in with new material. I respect if she doesn't want to do a GH tour. I just think the time is now if she were to do one. She is still young enough to dazzle with dancing and singing. 

I guess it depends on how you define a Greatest Hits tour. I don't see RIT as a Greatest Hits tour. Touring with a mix of new and older material is not a Greatest Hits tour. To me a Greatest Tour is one promoted as such with primarily Hits with just one or two new songs. But if she wants a new album to be successful, you have to perform the new songs. To say the way to make people buy a new album is by not performing most of it and just do older songs, is counter intuititive to me. People love hearing Hits and that would make people have a positive view of her and make her a lot of money but I don't see it causing any new albums to be more successful. 

27 minutes ago, robster said:

Andy posted a video of him at the airport with two trolley's full of suitcases and stuff. He's not there for a social visit. He's about to do some SERIOUS work! And with Mert & Marcus also there one can only guess what exactly they are in Lisbon for! I think the album is as good as complete, maybe apart from mixing. We are moving into the next phase, which is visuals!!! I'd say, new music within 2 to three months at the very latest. It doesnt make sense for her to wait untill 2019 and sit on this material for half a year or longer....

:wow: I'm so ready!!!!

Hair god Garren has done the last two album covers, make up goddess Lucia Pieroni did RH album make up. One would hope Madonna will continue to use the best in the biz for her upcoming album. Her everyday beauty personnel going to Lisbon does not mean they are shooting the album artwork, they could be there for anything, a magazine shoot or something.

15 hours ago, Mat.Guy said:

I think they're shooting something tonight. Andy is playing with Gypsy Rosa Lee right now.

ooooh

omg, it's so great when you know they are creating ANOTHER ICONIC ALBUM COVER!!!! Somehow it is a historical moment in terms of Madonna fandom! 

7 hours ago, Katypatra said:

68AAD98E-3285-4934-A6DD-A3D68C438B1C.jpeg

Song is called “I Will Survive”. Interesting. If beautifully arranged and performed, this has so much potential!! 🙏🏼♥️✨

The fact that people don't comment here on the Marcus team or this, makes this thread absurd because SOME PEOPLE are always derailing it. 

These lyrics!!!! Love it. The burning at the stake! The Joan of Arc wild COME BACK! (not Moan of Arc this time!) 

And I'm sure those tantrum words about people don't doing their work properly are other lyrics, ala Some Girls???? They reminded me to the AL rap too.  

1 minute ago, Kim said:

Says who?

Says me!

Even those covers we don't like much are after a couple of years ICONIC. I don't like the HC cover much, but now I find it so clever! And i don't recall another cover I don't like????