M14 updates

2 minutes ago, Confessit said:

But the demand for Madonna music was still there when she signed on the dotted line with Interscope. 

They didn’t sign a failing artist they signed a massivly successful one who had just had a global number one multi-million selling album and a global number one single. 

That’s all I’m saying 😘😘

But they did their best to damage her career by making zero to promote her. Interscope = the worst. I remember we were so bitchy about WB in 2008/2009, cause HC sold 1/2 of COADF and we blamed WB. Little did we know what a shitty "company" she ll sign to.

Just now, Confessit said:

But the demand for Madonna music was still there when she signed on the dotted line with Interscope. 

They didn’t sign a failing artist they signed a massivly successful one who had just had a global number one multi-million selling album and a global number one single. 

That’s all I’m saying 😘😘

Yes but anybody would have sensed she was on the way out. I know its a very shameful thing to even think but sadly thats exactly how they must have perceived in this ageist industry. I think the problem with RH was the leaking. That completely destroyed the momentum of the first single. It was a shame. Interscope wasn’t responsible for the leaking and if they were Madonna had materials leaked under Warner as well.  

3 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

Yes but anybody would have sensed she was on the way out. I know its a very shameful thing to even think but sadly thats exactly how they must have perceived in this ageist industry. 

Why would anybody think she was on the way out ? 😂

She has just had a massive album with huge top ten singles all over the world.....plus she had the highest grossing tour ever for a solo artist on the back of it.

Thats statement makes no sense whatsoever.

5 minutes ago, elijah said:

But they did their best to damage her career by making zero to promote her. Interscope = the worst. I remember we were so bitchy about WB in 2008/2009, cause HC sold 1/2 of COADF and we blamed WB. Little did we know what a shitty "company" she ll sign to.

But this is not about the blaming game. The she didnt sell much or have hits because of Warner or Interscope way of thinking is very limited and subjective. 

@MeakMakerr  I agree with you regarding the Warner issue.  No one is trashing Warners here.  They were fantastic for her for much her career,  But the last few albums with them (especially in the U.S.), Warners started to drop the ball on her.  (In Europe, they were far more supportive of her, still). I also recall a lot of fans bashing Warners after American Life bombing and Hard Candy  And Madonna and Warners seem to have a lot of differences.  I mentioned it before, but I really felt the animosity between them when Warners wanted to release "Amazing" as a single and Madonna wanted to release "Impressive Instant".  Instead, the fourth single was scrapped all together, and Madonna released "Impressive Instant" as a promotional club single since she had remixes made for the song.  I also felt like they gave up after "4 Minutes" and refused to do much promotion for "Give it 2 Me".  Madonna was doing her part, by rehearsing for her tour at the time. 

The thing is; Warner had the chance to re-sign her.  So while some say the "demand" was there for her (and I agree), Warners obviously didn't think the same.  It was all business.  Warners didn't want to shell out money to keep her.  That's quite telling. 

Edited by neutrocks

1 minute ago, Confessit said:

Why would anybody think she was on the way out ? 😂

She has just had a massive album with huge top ten singles all over the world.....plus she had the highest grossing tour ever for a solo artist on the back of it.

Thats statement makes no sense whatsoever.

Because radio wouldnt play any of her new music nomore. Mtv or music channels rarely played her videos. Some other wannabes came along.. i mean should i carry on? lol

2 hours ago, jusdoid said:

OK!! now we are talking...  Mert&Maucus just arrived to Lisbon along with Andy her hairstylist, The album cover art is in effect!!!  we are close you all

tumblr_mc3ibzwpiT1qiplke.gif

Just now, XXBrendonXX said:

@Meakmaker  I agree with you regarding the Warner issue.  No one is trashing Warners here.  They were fantastic for her for much her career,  But the last few albums with them (especially in the U.S.), Warners started to drop the ball on her.  (In Europe, they were far more supportive of her, still). I also recall a lot of fans bashing Warners after American Life bombing.  And Madonna and Warners seem to have a lot of differences.  I mentioned it before, but I really felt the animosity between them when Warners wanted to release "Amazing" as a single and Madonna wanted to release "Impressive Instant".  Instead, the fourth single was scrapped all together, and Madonna released "Impressive Instant" as a promotional club single since she had remixes made for the song.  I also felt like they gave up after "4 Minutes" and refused to do much promotion for "Give it 2 Me".  Madonna was doing her part, but rehearsing for her tour at the time. 

The thing is; Warner had the chance to re-sign her.  So while some say the "demand" was there for her (and I agree), Warners obviously didn't think the same.  It was all business.  Warners didn't want to shell out money to keep her.  That's quite telling. 

American Life was very un-commercial for the states and everywhere else actually.

I love the album but after Ray of Light and Music it didn’t have the same level of commercial appeal, so I don’t think it’s Warner’s not supporting.

Madonna went out on a limb and recorded something far more avangarde....

Warners did give up after 4 minutes but they had already lost her to LiveNation so why bother !?

They did try to keep her but no way could they match the mega bucks LN were offering. I don’t blame Madonna for choosing that she had worked hard for 25 years what a major pay off that was!

But I don’t think she had any idea (who did!?) she would crash out the charts over night.

2 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

Because radio wouldnt play any of her new music nomore. Mtv or music channels rarely played her videos. Some other wannabes came along.. i mean should i carry on? lol

4minutes and give it 2 me had lots of MTV play and were both big hits around the world.

Her true death on radio and the charts globally started with MDNA she hasn’t never recovered.

Just now, Confessit said:

American Life was very un-commercial for the states and everywhere else actually.

I love the album but after Ray of Light and Music it didn’t have the same level of commercial appeal, so I don’t think it’s Warner’s not supporting.

Madonna went out on a limb and recorded something far more avangarde....

Warners did give up after 4 minutes but they had already lost her to LiveNation so why bother !?

They did try to keep her but no way could they match the mega bucks LN were offering. I don’t blame Madonna for choosing that she had worked hard for 25 years what a major pay off that was!

But I don’t think she had any idea (who did!?) she would crash out the charts over night.

But it wasn't "over night".  Radio was already trying to abandon her (in the U.S.) especially after "Music".   Except in the big cities, "Die Another Day" was pretty much her last song that was played excessively on American radio. "Hung Up" was big in the big cities, but in middle America they refused to play it.  In fact, I recall requesting the song many times on a local top 40 station, and they said "No" to me.  I recall discussions back in the day in Madonna forums regarding the refusal of radio playing her songs.   "4 Minutes" definitely was a comeback to radio, but let's be honest, if Timberlake and Timbaland wasn't part of it, it probably wouldn't have been given the time of day.  And being the song had massive fans from three different artists here, no doubt it did well. 

To me, this is a regional disagreement.  We live in different parts of the world, so surely you saw more success out of Madonna in Europe than I did in the U.S.  I remember being jealous that her songs were doing so well in Europe, but not in America. 

Just now, XXBrendonXX said:

But it wasn't "over night".  Radio was already trying to abandon her (in the U.S.) especially after "Music".   Except in the big cities, "Die Another Day" was pretty much her last song that was played excessively on American radio. "Hung Up" was big in the big cities, but in middle America they refused to play it.  In fact, I recall requesting the song many times on a local top 40 station, and they said "No" to me.  I recall discussions back in the day in Madonna forums regarding the refusal of radio playing her songs.   "4 Minutes" definitely was a comeback to radio, but let's be honest, if Timberlake and Timbaland wasn't part of it, it probably wouldn't have been given the time of day.  And being the song had massive fans from three different artists here, no doubt it did well. 

To me, this is a regional disagreement.  We live in different parts of the world, so surely you saw more success out of Madonna in Europe than I did in the U.S.  I remember being jealous that her songs were doing so well in Europe, but not in America. 

In America i completely agree she never fully recorvered from American Life although she did have huge commercial success with HC and C which produced 2 big top ten lead singles.

Her death elsewhere in the world was most certainly overnight. 

I firmly believe she could of continued scoring hits elsewhere and having moderate success in America had she of remained with Warner’s.

I don’t believe the shes too old argument. She was 50 when she released Hard Candy.

1 minute ago, Confessit said:

In America i completely agree she never fully recorvered from American Life although she did have huge commercial success with HC and C which produced 2 big top ten lead singles.

I firmly believe she could of continued scoring hits elsewhere and having moderate success in America had she of remained with Warner’s.

I don’t believe the shes too old argument. She was 50 when she released Hard Candy.

But again "Hard Candy" had two highly sought out artists tied to the song at the time.. Timberlake and Timberland.   I agree she jumped on that bandwagon a bit too late, but the fan bases played a huge role in making it a huge success.  Madonna did a lot of promo before as well. 

I'm not going to argue the age issue when I know it DOES play a factor in this.  And no doubt, "the death" (as you put it), was much slower internationally.  And I think I've and other clarified that to you, admitting she was still doing well internationally. 

Though, I do not believe Warners (in American) would have made MDNA anymore successful when they failed to do much when she released follow up singles to Hard Candy and the whole CELEBRATION package.  That should have been their last "Hurrah" for them, knowing they were able to capitalize on her whole back catalog up to that point. 

4 minutes ago, XXBrendonXX said:

But again "Hard Candy" had two highly sought out artists tied to the song at the time.. Timberlake and Timberland.   I agree she jumped on that bandwagon a bit too late, but the fan bases played a huge role in making it a huge success.  Madonna did a lot of promo before as well. 

I'm not going to argue the age issue when I know it DOES play a factor in this.  And no doubt, "the death" (as you put it), was much slower internationally.  And I think I've and other clarified that to you, admitting she was still doing well internationally. 

Though, I do not believe Warners (in American) would have made MDNA anymore successful when they failed to do much when she released follow up singles to Hard Candy and the whole CELEBRATION package.  That should have been their last "Hurrah" for them, knowing they were able to capitalize on her whole back catalog up to that point. 

That is true and at that point in her career I agree in the states she needed a collaboration on board to return her to the charts and radio.

Internationaly I humbly disagree.

I disagree with Warner’s not making MDNA a success. I believe it would of been handled better under them.

You compare it to the way they handeled Hard Candy and Celebration but they knew she was leaving....harsh as it sounds.

You say they would be able to capatilise on her back catalogue but they haven’t ....?

In 10 years they haven’t so obviously she left with a major clause preventing them from cashing in so that theory isn’t true.

I love the fact we can have difference of opinion as fans but still love her work and look forward to the future. 

Just now, Mat.Guy said:

I think they're shooting something tonight. Andy is playing with Gypsy Rosa Lee right now.

plus Mert Alas is in Lisbon

Her music career did end overnight outside of the USA with the release of MDNA. Interscope did nothing in Europe to promote her album. You even had to dig through the racks to find the damn album on the release day for crying out loud. 

Having said that, Guy O is as much to be blamed as Interscope. He is her manager. He has to make the deal happen and if the record label won’t do anything to sell the CDs, he has to kick their asses and, again, make things happen. But he does not care because ultimately the money can’t be found in CD sales but in touring and merchandising. And she went along this greedy business model, either believing her brand would have enough recognition to sell her music or simply accepting the trade off to becoming even richer thanks to Live Nation. 

Hope the new output will be a quality album. Forget the sales and charts. They are meaningless at this point, unfortunately. 

41 minutes ago, Mat.Guy said:

I think they're shooting something tonight. Andy is playing with Gypsy Rosa Lee right now.

:popcorn2:

ok what did i miss? why do some posters think they are shooting something tonight?

u know how M is now...they could very well be shooting her home movies...her close up reactions to david's soccer game.

7 minutes ago, tuckeye said:

ok what did i miss? why do some posters think they are shooting something tonight?

u know how M is now...they could very well be shooting her home movies...her close up reactions to david's soccer game.

These are busy people, they do not ALL fly into  Lisbon exactly at the same time just for a social visit. They are on a schedule. Expect them to start shooting SOMETHING tomorrow! The previous album shoot took 3 days I think. Will be keeping a close eye on all their insta stories!

7 minutes ago, luluthecat said:

I’m actually desperate for her to post NOTHING from the shoot, I don’t want any ideas........no doubt she’ll post everything 😕

She ll post a picture with grills and hat on. :IMG_1564:

2 hours ago, Confessit said:

Her death? You’re really fucking annoying in this thread. 

Oh and since you‘ve mentioned the VMAs repeatedly - they suck and are beneath Madonna and I hope she never goes to this stupid award show again.

7 minutes ago, DagIN said:

Her death? You’re really fucking annoying in this thread. 

Oh and since you‘ve mentioned the VMAs repeatedly - they suck and are beneath Madonna and I hope she never goes to this stupid award show again.

Can we stop with this "it's beneath her" nonsense.  Fact of the matter is Madonna needs all the promo and press she can get. Not just for album sales but tour reicepts that keep getting smaller. Just because you don't like the VMAs doesn't mean that Madonna shouldn't perform there. It's not 1990 anymore she needs promo desperately. 

Just now, dcbyebyebaby said:

Can we stop with this "it's beneath her" nonsense.  Fact of the matter is Madonna needs all the promo and press she can get. Not just for album sales but tour reicepts that keep getting smaller. Just because you don't like the VMAs doesn't mean that Madonna shouldn't perform there. It's not 1990 anymore she needs promo desperately. 

Ugh and who are you?

I‘ll be back when the album drops.