M14 updates

30 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

Oh please let’s stop this Warner worshipping now. Its pathetic.:lmao:

Where was Warner for Erotica, Bedtime Stories, American Life, Confessions ( States side), Hard Candy? They fucked her up as much as Interscope. Too easy to support and promote her when shes the number 1 pop star in the world. But as soon as she showed signs of slowing down they completely left her to her own demise. American Life anyone? Even Warner Europe didnt do much for her during Erotica and Bedtime Stories. But oh yes see her becoming this restrained balladeer with You’ll See and then theyre back licking her ass again. They were just bloodsucking bigots who would always try to tame her and stop her from being political as soon as records sales were going down. Its all business after all and Interscope is no different.

Are you seriously putting Warner's support of Madonna at the same level of Interscope ? Interscope does nothing to promote, support and nurture Madonna and never have. They do the minimum amount of work possible. Live Nation does not care about their artists either. Warmers was a professional, properly run record company who knew that Madonna was a superstar. 

27 minutes ago, loowee said:

No one here is worshipping Warner. We want them back simply because the support she received back then was a lot when COMPARED to her current Interscope situation. They always know how to launch a new era with a killer lead single promo campaign. Yes they were pretty shitty at keeping an album’s commercial longevity but it also had to do with M too. Are we now blaming Erotica and AL’s commercial failure on Warner too? Really?

Well yes if we are all comfortable blaming Interscope for the demise of her last records so why not blame Warner for the failure of the albums she did under them? Truth is it’s easier to point fingers and criticise record company or management but maybe its all down to general public. If a record or album doesnt resonate with an audience id say thats exactly why theyre not successful anything else its all down to speculation. Analysis are good but we also have to consider the times and the level of popularity M enjoyed when she was under Warner. Her cultural impact. Her age as well of course.

7 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Are you seriously putting Warner's support of Madonna at the same level of Interscope ? Interscope does nothing to promote, support and nurture Madonna and never have. They do the minimum amount of work possible. Live Nation does not care about their artists either. Warmers was a professional, properly run record company who knew that Madonna was a superstar. 

Madonna was in her early 20’s when she was signed to Warner and you really think any other label would not have achieved the same? You think if EMI for example would have signed her she would have never become who she is? Yes Warner did help but I personally give M most of the credit.  

2 hours ago, MeakMaker said:

Where was Warner for Erotica, Bedtime Stories, American Life, Confessions ( States side), Hard Candy? They fucked her up as much as Interscope. Too easy to support and promote her when shes the number 1 pop star in the world. But as soon as she showed signs of slowing down they completely left her to her own demise. American Life anyone? Even Warner Europe didnt do much for her during Erotica and Bedtime Stories. But oh yes see her becoming this restrained balladeer with You’ll See and then theyre back licking her ass again. They were just bloodsucking bigots who would always try to tame her and stop her from being political as soon as records sales were going down. Its all business after all and Interscope is no different.

What do you mean about Erotica, Bedtimes Stories or Confessions???? THEY WERE GREAT. With Erotica they didn't give up but release a great bunch of songs and high quality videos till the very end. All beautifully marketed. 

With Bedtime STories they knew Madonna was wrong with her idea of having BS as first single and went for Secret insteaad, restablishing her as a SINGER.

With Confessions it was one of the most impecable campaigns EVER. 

Really, sometimes... 

1 hour ago, MeakMaker said:

Madonna was in her early 20’s when she was signed to Warner and you really think any other label would not have achieved the same? You think if EMI for example would have signed her she would have never become who she is? Yes Warner did help but I personally give M most of the credit.  

Madonna was in her late 40s and still was the most powerful force for Warner. 

25 minutes ago, karbatal said:

I am starting to hate this forum. I think I will abandon the Madonna section altogether because recently there are only retard threads and absurd things. 

That's exactly what i've been doing lately. I've only been reading occasionally because certain people piss me off so much with their negativity and nonsense that I'll end up saying something I'll regret. We should be coming together as a fanbase to celebrate the fact that she's still recording music and giving us things to enjoy. Not rewriting facts and arguing with each other. It's stupid.

19 minutes ago, karbatal said:

What do you mean about Erotica, Bedtimes Stories or Confessions???? THEY WERE GREAT. With Erotica they didn't give up but release a great bunch of songs and high quality videos till the very end. All beautifully marketed. 

With Bedtime STories they knew Madonna was wrong with her idea of having BS as first single and went for Secret insteaad, restablishing her as a SINGER.

With Confessions it was one of the most impecable campaigns EVER. 

Really, sometimes... 

Let's not forget her trying to push Candy Shop as first single... :rotfl:

3 hours ago, MeakMaker said:

Well yes if we are all comfortable blaming Interscope for the demise of her last records so why not blame Warner for the failure of the albums she did under them? Truth is it’s easier to point fingers and criticise record company or management but maybe its all down to general public. If a record or album doesnt resonate with an audience id say thats exactly why theyre not successful anything else its all down to speculation. Analysis are good but we also have to consider the times and the level of popularity M enjoyed when she was under Warner. Her cultural impact. Her age as well of course.

What failure? They even managed to make songs like American Life, Hollywood, Love Profusion, Nothing Fails, Get Together, Miles Away, Celebration etc. big hits worldwide that got a ton of airplay in many territories.

Even in the US how do you think Confessions sold 1.8 million and Hung Up hit no1 on iTunes for more than 2 weeks and sold 1 million downloads at a time when selling 1 million downloads was a big deal? Madonna herself did not promote COADF at all in the States. The Grammy awards were in 2006, months later. The label and good music did all the work. It was a brilliant campaign all around the world.

12 minutes ago, Suedy said:

Let’s face it Warner’s wouldn’t have let the RH fiasco happen 

Of course not. They would have had a AOR team to choose carefully the songs, because a creative person, after spending several months in a project, loses perspective. The more creative you are, the most you lose perspective. And Madonna was in full creative mode and it shows. Increcible collection of demos, incredible collection of songs, it only needed the perfect direction to market a classic. 

Madonna, as every other artists out there, needs a big company to market her. Look at others that have gone the "freedom" route. Nobody stays on top because they get lost in their own creativity! 

I do hope she releases a proper first single and also couple of promo singles. That would surely sell the album well and above all it would increase the precious TEA numbers which were a problem with RH...

1 hour ago, Suedy said:

Let’s face it Warner’s wouldn’t have let the RH fiasco happen 

Not just that. I'm pretty sure they would have never let M release a catastrophic song like GMAYL as the lead single after a 3-year hiatus, pretty much killing the public's interest in the era before the album was even released.

12 minutes ago, Nonoka said:

Not just that. I'm pretty sure they would have never let M release a catastrophic song like GMAYL as the lead single after a 3-year hiatus, pretty much killing the public's interest in the era before the album was even released.

No they wouldn’t.

i cannot believe some fans are slamming Warner’s when the facts speak for themselves.

It was a blissful partnership made in heaven even Madonna herself stated this when she left.

They marketed the hell out of her globally and made sure right upto the age of 50 (un heard of territory) she was scoring massive hits globally and having a strong presence on popular music.

No way on God’s Earth would she of died on all charts had she of remained with Warner’s.

Interscope killed Madonna as an artist and screwed her chart presence up after all those successful years under Warner.

6 hours ago, MeakMaker said:

I've never read such CRAP. Talk about re-writing history - which is easy to do when you probably weren't even born.

3 hours ago, Crux said:

That's exactly what i've been doing lately. I've only been reading occasionally because certain people piss me off so much with their negativity and nonsense that I'll end up saying something I'll regret. We should be coming together as a fanbase to celebrate the fact that she's still recording music and giving us things to enjoy. Not rewriting facts and arguing with each other. It's stupid.

This!! 

4 hours ago, karbatal said:

I am starting to hate this forum. I think I will abandon the Madonna section altogether because recently there are only retard threads and absurd things. 

In between eras - always hard. 

The rewriting of history that people do is crazy though. It is frustrating to the extreme to see people who were not around in the 80's or 90's lecturing people about  how her career was in those particular eras and completely downplaying what a superstar she was and still is.   Madonna is not the ultimate Queen of pop for nothing. She is the biggest female music star EVER. The latest superstar girls all idolise her and are inspired by her. That is a fact to be celebrated, not dismissed. Then in the next breath, telling off anyone for giving any opinion and saying they are not " real fans" unless they are raving about every single thing Madonna is currently doing. 

2 months before M's B"day.   I really feel there is some good coming our way really soon, and it will all be worth it . We will be soo spoiled and happy that we can only laugh about this bickering and endless discussions about who is the better one . I did'nt mind the assholes who got flushed.  They will try to crawl back , but ohh boy, that will be one cold day in hell for them 😉

6 minutes ago, Ironman said:

2 months before M's B"day.   I really feel there is some good coming our way really soon, and it will all be worth it .  😉

Yes, we have plenty to look forward to.  There is such excitement and buzz when new eras officially kick off.  After seeing the Met Ball performance, we know we are in for a treat.  New Madonna eras are always exciting. 

2 minutes ago, jusdoid said:

OK!! now we are talking...  Mert&Maucus just arrived to Lisbon along with Andy her hairstylist, The album cover art is in effect!!!  we are close you all

Yess , we need this ...let it juicing ....