M14 updates

11 minutes ago, Barbie said:

I mean I don't get the hoopla around her having another hit. If a song is good, it's good. Doesn't matter if it's a hit or not. It would be nice if she did have another hit but at this point being realistic is much better for your sanity. 

I don't mean that the song has to be a hit but more the sound of it. Like A Prayer could have flopped but it still is an incredible song and nothing on her past two albums have come close to that. There have been great songs for sure though.

1 minute ago, tasteinmen said:

They didn't think it through properly, I mean, putting her on the same label as her then "competition"... what were they thinking? You'd think any record company would be thrilled to have Madonna on their label, and do all they can, it's clear this wasn't the case with Interscope.

She was the biggest star and priority for Warner’s she isn’t that to Interscope.

However she does yield that power for LiveNation, or did, I don’t think they will sign her again at the same level they did 10 years ago.

21 minutes ago, tasteinmen said:

I'm literally expecting zero from Interscope, they did minimal with her last 2 albums, and with this being her last album with them I wouldn't be surprised if it's just released and nothing else after. It doesn't seem there's been a good relationship there.

Totally agree regarding Interscope. At this point, It's pretty much up to Madonna to push the singles.  I still don't expect it will help a lot being she still needs her distributor and mainstream platforms to support her. The first single will probably gain some attention, especially with a great video.  After that, I expect she'll focus on touring the album. 

They don't even have her facer in the main pic with their most important artists. You have to go all the way down to the full artist list and there is a tiny pic of her between some nobodies... 😂

https://www.interscope.com/

Warner treated her and saw her as their ultimate Queen. She was their biggest artist and had a special bond with thousands of Warner employees around the world. She was family to them. All the local promotion team in every country would go hard for her when it was time to promote her music. People who spoke the local language, had connections with people in the industry in their country, radio, tv etc..

That special bond and hard work of thousands of people behind the scenes around the world to promote her music was lost. Universal has a lot of hot younger artists to promote at any given time. They won't dedicate all their resources to a woman in her 50s and 60s with not much commercial appeal among younger people. They can't make money off of her past releases anyway. She's just not a good investment for them for a lot of reasons. The fact that that special bond seized to exist after 2009 was shockingly obvious outside the US. I guess in the US Livenation and Guy try to do a few things since they have some connections here, but abroad no one does anything. She's basically been on her own since 2009.

8 minutes ago, iasonas said:

They don't even have her facer in the main pic with their most important artists. You have to go all the way down to the full artist list and there is a tiny pic of her between some nobodies... 😂

Well... it does appear to be alphabetized though. :dazed: Just trying to find the positive!

25 minutes ago, iasonas said:

Warner treated her and saw her as their ultimate Queen. She was their biggest artist and had a special bond with thousands of Warner employees around the world. She was family to them. All the local promotion team in every country would go hard for her when it was time to promote her music. People who spoke the local language, had connections with people in the industry in their country, radio, tv etc..

That special bond and hard work of thousands of people behind the scenes around the world to promote her music was lost. Universal has a lot of hot younger artists to promote at any given time. They won't dedicate all their resources to a woman in her 50s and 60s with not much commercial appeal among younger people. They can't make money off of her past releases anyway. She's just not a good investment for them for a lot of reasons. The fact that that special bond seized to exist after 2009 was shockingly obvious outside the US. I guess in the US Livenation and Guy try to do a few things since they have some connections here, but abroad no one does anything. She's basically been on her own since 2009.

A factual post.

Madonnas presence on the music landscape ended when she left Warner’s.

I wish she had stayed with Warner’s and just toured with LN.....couldn’t she of done all the products for them on the side as well??

Its a shame because it robbed her of at least another 10 years of chart hits.

Now at almost 60 I doubt she will ever have a top ten anywhere in the world again but she was having top tens globally in 2009....

God I had no idea back then celebration would be her last chart hit ever.

27 minutes ago, Sloane said:

Well... it does appear to be alphabetized though. :dazed: Just trying to find the positive!

They have to include her there since it's the list with all their artist. Lol. It's not like they have a choice.

It's just such a slap in the face to not have the face of the most successful female artist of all time in the pic with all their main artists while they have Lana, Gaga and even freaking Gwen Stefani's face. Lol.

29 minutes ago, iasonas said:

That special bond and hard work of thousands of people behind the scenes around the world to promote her music was lost.

People underestimate how important this is. It means everything.

A lot of so-called "viral" trends and songs are actually the work of countless people working behind the scenes.

2 minutes ago, impr3ssive_instant said:

People underestimate how important this is. It means everything.

A lot of so-called "viral" trends and songs are actually the work of countless people working behind the scenes.

Agreed.

Record Companies still play a huge part in radio air play globally and there influence is strong.

Madonna has no backing anymore but let’s remember the deal she signed with Interscope was merely to distribute there hardly going to spend time and money launching anything else.

LiveNation make the money from her tours, image and merchandise.

Warners make the money from her back catalogue.

Interscope are just there as a middle man and they know it.

She needs to leave Interscope ASAP, they have done nothing for her legacy.

I'd like to see her move to Colombia or even go back to Warners, she needs to be on a big dependable label again.

1 hour ago, humanracin said:

She needs to leave Interscope ASAP, they have done nothing for her legacy.

I'd like to see her move to Colombia or even go back to Warners, she needs to be on a big dependable label again.

Which is really strange because I was actually excited about her joining Interscope! They really did fuck it all up! Taking her for granted and not making the best of her Legacy! 

2 hours ago, iasonas said:

Well one would imagine that scenario would have been explained very clearly to Madonna before she signed her music career away for a quick buck. Them's the breaks.

1 hour ago, Confessit said:

A factual post.

I wish she had stayed with Warner’s and just toured with LN.....couldn’t she of done all the products for them on the side as well??

Now at almost 60 I doubt she will ever have a top ten anywhere in the world again but she was having top tens globally in 2009....

Sorry, I think her and Warners had a lot of animosity for some time before they parted ways.  I felt they lacked the support to her as well. I know she didn't agree with them regarding single choices.  It's one of the reasons why she bailed on releasing anymore music from "Music" album.  They wanted "Amazing" and she wanted "Impressive Instant". 

Unfortunately, Interscope hasn't done her any favors either, but I am not sure if she's bothered by it. The deal was for distribution.  I'm not sure if they were obligated to do anymore. I would think they would want to be more invested in such an artist, but it's obvious that Madonna wasn't in their age bracket.

Edited by neutrocks

1 hour ago, Kim said:

Oh great, another career post-mortem thread (full of the same inaccuracies as they always are) 

Pretty much 😢 

7 hours ago, Confessit said:

She was the biggest star and priority for Warner’s she isn’t that to Interscope.

However she does yield that power for LiveNation, or did, I don’t think they will sign her again at the same level they did 10 years ago.

I personally don't think she would be interested in another 10 year 120 million deal again even if it was on the table. She seemed like super woman on the Sticky and Sweet tour and paid back the investment in her from Live Nation in one tour and then some but the last two tours almost broke her and the side projects linked to her 360 deal have generally been problematic at best with bad roll outs, limited promo and one phoned in album. Things in general seemed to lack integrity leading to gyms closing down, perfumes being discontinued and lingerie lines being cancelled. The skin creams seem to have been successful and finally she has shown passion for a side project and promoted it heavily in person and online. I think as she hits her 60's she's going to gradually slow things down and we will see more directing and slowly less and less music which is unfortunate for us but let's face it we had a great run and 35 years of iconic albums, tours and videos is nothing to sneeze at. She's given us her all.

5 hours ago, XXBrendonXX said:

Sorry, I think her and Warners had a lot of animosity for some time before they parted ways.  I felt they lacked the support to her as well. I know she didn't agree with them regarding single choices.  It's one of the reasons why she bailed on releasing anymore music from "Music" album.  They wanted "Amazing" and she wanted "Impressive Instant". 

Unfortunately, Interscope hasn't done her any favors either, but I am not sure if she's bothered by it. The deal was for distribution.  I'm not sure if they were obligated to do anymore. I would think they would want to be more invested in such an artist, but it's obvious that Madonna wasn't in their age bracket.

Agreed.

It wasn’t always cosy but now after living through Interscope doing nothing for her we can look back and truly appreciate just how much Warner’s promoted her.

8 hours ago, Confessit said:

A factual post.

This beyond crushes me. I'm only a teenager who started becoming a fan last year. She's the greatest woman in music ever and I feel like I'll never be able to truly experience her dominion. 

I don't care about chart placements or sales... its the fact that she's released only 6 singles this decade, and its almost over. The greatest female force in music has grinded to a near stop right before I became a fan. Though I'll always love her, it's incredibly frustrating. 

2 hours ago, Rugbyguy said:

I personally don't think she would be interested in another 10 year 120 million deal again even if it was on the table. She seemed like super woman on the Sticky and Sweet tour and paid back the investment in her from Live Nation in one tour and then some but the last two tours almost broke her and the side projects linked to her 360 deal have generally been problematic at best with bad roll outs, limited promo and one phoned in album. Things in general seemed to lack integrity leading to gyms closing down, perfumes being discontinued and lingerie lines being cancelled. The skin creams seem to have been successful and finally she has shown passion for a side project and promoted it heavily in person and online. I think as she hits her 60's she's going to gradually slow things down and we will see more directing and slowly less and less music which is unfortunate for us but let's face it we had a great run and 35 years of iconic albums, tours and videos is nothing to sneeze at. She's given us her all.

Fully agree. I reckon after this era, she’s going to slow things waaay down when it comes to music and perhaps just focus on the things she’s passionate in = directing movies and release skin cares etc. her music will probably be far wide and between aka Cher with longer gaps in between her music and less promotion aka release music just to get her message across. 

21 minutes ago, yououghttavogue said:

This beyond crushes me. I'm only a teenager who started becoming a fan last year. She's the greatest woman in music ever and I feel like I'll never be able to truly experience her dominion. 

I don't care about chart placements or sales... its the fact that she's released only 6 singles this decade, and its almost over. The greatest female force in music has grinded to a near stop right before I became a fan. Though I'll always love her, it's incredibly frustrating. 

Should have been here for Rebel Heart at least. That’ll prob be the biggest recent era we will ever get. At least, you have one more era to live through before there’s a chance it could be over.

Please people, Madonna said straight out at her Tears of a clown concert in Melbourne plus at her Rebel Heart concert in Sydney ( was there for both and heard her say it ) that she would never stop her music career.  Why are we talking about her like she is about to retire ?  Have some faith in the most influential female music star of all time.  She is not going away and we better believe it.  The gyms, skin care etc are part of her live nation deal - pure and simple. Madonna the artist, music star and performer will never disappear. 

Oh please let’s stop this Warner worshipping now. Its pathetic.:lmao:

Where was Warner for Erotica, Bedtime Stories, American Life, Confessions ( States side), Hard Candy? They fucked her up as much as Interscope. Too easy to support and promote her when shes the number 1 pop star in the world. But as soon as she showed signs of slowing down they completely left her to her own demise. American Life anyone? Even Warner Europe didnt do much for her during Erotica and Bedtime Stories. But oh yes see her becoming this restrained balladeer with You’ll See and then theyre back licking her ass again. They were just bloodsucking bigots who would always try to tame her and stop her from being political as soon as records sales were going down. Its all business after all and Interscope is no different.

1 hour ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Please people, Madonna said straight out at her Tears of a clown concert in Melbourne plus at her Rebel Heart concert in Sydney ( was there for both and heard her say it ) that she would never stop her music career.  Why are we talking about her like she is about to retire ?  Have some faith in the most influential female music star of all time.  She is not going away and we better believe it.  The gyms, skin care etc are part if her live nation deal - pure and simple. Madonna the artist, music star and performer will never disappear. 

I dont think she's going to stop i just think the music is going to slow down in her next decade as she focuses on other things. The three year gaps between album cycles may become 5 years etc.

1 minute ago, MeakMaker said:

Oh please let’s stop this Warner worshipping now. Its pathetic.:lmao:

Where was Warner for Erotica, Bedtime Stories, American Life, Confessions ( States side), Hard Candy? They fucked her up as much as Interscope. Too easy to support and promote her when shes the number 1 pop star in the world. But as soon as she showed signs of slowing down they completely left her to her own demise. American Life anyone? Even Warner Europe didnt do much for her during Erotica and Bedtime Stories. But oh yes see her becoming this restrained balladeer with You’ll See and then theyre back licking her ass again. They were just bloodsucking bigots who would always try to tame her and stop her from being political as soon as records sales were going down. Its all business after all and Interscope is no different.

No one here is worshipping Warner. We want them back simply because the support she received back then was a lot when COMPARED to her current Interscope situation. They always know how to launch a new era with a killer lead single promo campaign. Yes they were pretty shitty at keeping an album’s commercial longevity but it also had to do with M too. Are we now blaming Erotica and AL’s commercial failure on Warner too? Really?

3 hours ago, Starman said:

The thing is that Warner was AMAZING out of USA... they were the main players in those markets and now she has nothing.

She never fully recovered After American Life in the states but she was still a tour de force across the other main markets right up until 2009.

She died on every market after leaving Warner’s.