M14 updates

7 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

Isn’t Disco basically Dance which is now known as EDM? 

No.

"The disco sound often has several components, a "four-on-the-floor" beat, an eighth note (quaver) or 16th note (semi-quaver) hi-hat pattern with an open hi-hat on the off-beat, and a prominent, syncopatedelectric bass line. In most disco tracks, string sections, horns, electric piano, and electric rhythm guitars create a lush background sound. Orchestral instruments such as the flute are often used for solo melodies, and lead guitar is less frequently used in disco than in rock. Many disco songs use synthesizers, particularly in the late 1970s."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disco

5 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

Don't you think the clip above sound a bit Nile Rodgers? I'm referring to the classic 70s "disco" sound.

I'm probably reaching for the stars though! But the first second I saw her instagram post, it instantly reminds me of the studio audio from last week! 

8 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

disco is more oriented back to old school 70s early dance.. sorta like confessions. correct me if im wrong.

Songs like Disco Inferno or Funky Town are Disco classics. A modern take on the Disco sound is something like Daft Punk's Get Lucky which was an homage to the oldschool Disco sound in the first place. They even used instruments and microphones from that time. It has nothing to do with EDM which is something like Madonna's Girl Gone Wild.

Maybe Madonna is just referring to Mirwais' single "Disco Science"? Probably not but it could be.

I always considered him an Electro God but never a Disco God. So it's interesting that she referred to him as a Disco God in her latest insta. Oh God, I can't WAIT to find out what they have in store for us. It's going to be fantastic!!!

P.S.: I always thought Mirwais was kinda hot...still is, tbh.

Always thought of Disco as the mother of Dance and Dance being the mother of EDM. Of course the purists would say its different here and there and theres certain songs associated more to the disco sound of the 70’s but wasnt Disco the only kind of dance music back then?

18 minutes ago, DagIN said:

Songs like Disco Inferno or Funky Town are Disco classics. A modern take on the Disco sound is something like Daft Punk's Get Lucky which was an homage to the oldschool Disco sound in the first place. They even used instruments and microphones from that time. It has nothing to do with EDM which is something like Madonna's Girl Gone Wild.

Maybe Madonna is just referring to Mirwais' single "Disco Science"? Probably not but it could be.

I always considered him an Electro God but never a Disco God. So it's interesting that she referred to him as a Disco God in her latest insta. Oh God, I can't WAIT to find out what they have in store for us. It's going to be fantastic!!!

P.S.: I always thought Mirwais was kinda hot...still is, tbh.

first time I heard "get lucky" I thought it was a 70s track I simply missed out on. 

just knowing Mirwais produced Future Lovers (along with the other brilliant albums) give me so much hope.

12 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

Always thought of Disco as the mother of Dance and Dance being the mother of EDM. Of course the purists would say its different here and there and theres certain songs associated more to the disco sound of the 70’s but wasnt Disco the only kind of dance music back then?

Modern dance music indeed evolved from disco music but I don't think I've seen anyone using "disco" to describe modern EDM?

"Disco" is an archaic term that is strongly tied to the 70s sound and EDM has evolved too much for it to still be considered "disco". 

5 minutes ago, loowee said:

Modern dance music indeed evolved from disco music but I don't think I've seen anyone using "disco" to describe modern EDM?

"Disco" is an archaic term that is strongly tied to the 70s sound and EDM has evolved too much for it to still be considered "disco". 

I wouldnt call EDM disco either but my point is wouldnt Madonna use the term disco loosely as to say dance? Mirwais sound has always been strong on dance/electronica. He used a few elements from Disco in some of his works but overall his sound is electronic dance. 

2 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

I wouldnt call EDM disco either but my point is wouldnt Madonna use the term disco loosely as to say dance? Mirwais sound has always been strong on dance/electronica. He used a few elements from Disco in some of his works but overall his sound is electronic dance. 

I see what you mean. It's just that the studio clip we hear from last week sounds very disco (in its literal sense) in hindsight, which is why I brought it up again in this thread. 

1 hour ago, Like2Watch said:

love me some Mirwais, just no vocoder effects this time round ok?

Disco music use a lot of that tho. I'm 100% sure that will be some vocoder there

3 hours ago, luizotaviobarros said:

What’s that supposed to mean?????

D5FC9BF9-49CC-4E16-86E2-F6D96267D632.jpeg

Intriguing. What I love about Mirwais' work with her is how he convinced her to sing pure and unlayered, which resulted in her loveliest vocals so I'm not sure what to make of this!

1 hour ago, MeakMaker said:

No

1 hour ago, MeakMaker said:

I think this is also related to the fact Mirwais has an album named Disco Science - which is not disco at all, if you ask me. 

don't judge but i think there's something to the word "mothership".  i think it's already an album name by led zeppelin, but i sorta like it.. even "method" (simple, dry) or "the magician" sounds better than "magic". (i just don't like that name at all.. it sounds a little too generic)

3 minutes ago, runa said:

I think this is also related to the fact Mirwais has an album named Disco Science - which is not disco at all, if you ask me. 

Yes and i think it makes more sense she meant it that way.