MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Suedey

Predictions / wish list for themes, ideas, segments for the 2019 tour

well, I guess there will be a segment related to malawi, and another to howards, if the album´s title is really magic

On 6/28/2018 at 7:34 PM, S.E.X. said:

N

, bring back fucking Everybody or Physical Attraction.

YES!!!!! and Over and Over rom LAV!

On 6/29/2018 at 7:51 PM, S.E.X. said:

I felt it was incredibly unbalanced. Too many 80s songs and not enough from the 90s/00s. 

Holiday was the most bland, disappointing and mediocre ending she has done in ages. It felt like a last-minute idea.

RHT was a GP-pleaser and I hope the next tour isn’t. People are gonna buy tickets to see her no matter what. They won’t know the setlist beforehand and they won’t care if there are at least a few song she knows and she has enough they would know.

Agree that the show was imbalanced in the sense that it felt like 80s and RH were all she had to offer, but also agree with the poster you quoted that the ratio of hits to new songs was very good. Probably the best we’ve ever had, in my mind. Just needed to drop an 80s number or two for a 90s megahit.

And also, the idea that she needs to blacklist certain songs from her next tour is silly and self-destructive. Yes, she has the most storied singles catalogue in history. Yes, she has a poor tendency to lean on a few personal favorites (especially from the 80s), like “La Isla.” But the idea crowds are gonna react with the same enthusiasm for “Fever” that do for “LAP” is outrageous and the idea that she should not consider what the crowds want to hear is stupid.

This forum is stuffed full of threads about her legacy not getting the acclaim it deserves, about her dwindling influence in pop culture, her slowing ticket sales, etc etc etc. Blacklisting career anthems like “Vogue” and “LAP” is the surest way to exacerbate these problems.

She can do “LAP” and “Vogue” and “LAV” and other megahits that are often done live. She can also do minor hits (“Rain,” “TPOG,” etc.) and long-ignored megahits (“I’ll Remember,” “American Pie”) all alongside new material. Again, I think RHT did this well, giving us fantastic a new rendition of “LAV” while also dusting off “True Blue” and “Who’s that’s Girl” in a show that’s set was half new material. I think that’s a good model for the next tour. I just hope that songs she dusts off include more 90s.

a segment themed in the 50's/60's rock n roll era....kinda like true blue video..

4 hours ago, ashtangi74 said:

a segment themed in the 50's/60's rock n roll era....kinda like true blue video..

Uhmmmm.. she already did it for RHT (and even performed True Blue xD) 

9 hours ago, LHakaLH said:

Uhmmmm.. she already did it for RHT (and even performed True Blue xD) 

She’s done vaguely Hispanic segments in four of the past six tours, and there wasn’t anything terribly rockabilly about that set (which was my favorite of the show) other than the costumes (which were fab).

I really want Youll see full dramatic rendition

I'd really like to see these songs in a segment together:

1. Bedtime Story
  2. Frozen
  3. Rain
  4. Love Profusion
  5. Nothing Really Matters

That's all. 

All I need in this life is for her to perform Love Profusion to be honest

She's definitely gonna perform Candy Shop next tour, so a medley would be nice

I actually tried to mash them up and Love Profusion sounds REALLY good with Candy Shop's instrumental

Now I want this to happen even though it's impossible :madgemanson:

I feel some songs relevant to our world today plus songs never done or done in a while

such as:

what it feels like for a girl

express yourself

American Life'/'set the right

this used to be my playground (never heard this live)

rescue me

words/whys it so hard

I'll remember (i think she has forgotten this song)

Swim

power of goodbye

beautiful stranger

dont tell me

History/fighting spirit

4 mins/voices

ghosttown/wash all over me/rebel heart avicci mix

We will definitely be getting the Fado version of Candy Shop on the next tour for sure...:IMG_1564:

15 hours ago, badboydrunkby6 said:

I feel some songs relevant to our world today plus songs never done or done in a while

such as:

what it feels like for a girl

express yourself

American Life'/'set the right

this used to be my playground (never heard this live)

rescue me

words/whys it so hard

I'll remember (i think she has forgotten this song)

Swim

power of goodbye

beautiful stranger

dont tell me

History/fighting spirit

4 mins/voices

ghosttown/wash all over me/rebel heart avicci mix

I'm on board for this. 

I would like to make a request to Ms Madonna. More ballads please. Look of Love, Oh Father, Live to Tell, You'll See, Power of Goodbye.

My biggest wish is that she finds a new and fresh and creative musical director.

Imo, Kevin Antunes is the worst thing that has happened to her.

She should be celebrated in her concerts as she deseves, with exciting musicians or great reinventions of the songs, not just use album versions or horrible mash-ups.

I think she just havent had time to auditiom musicians for the past tours tbh

Given how she recalled what a good song "True Blue" was for the RH Tour, it would be no surprise if she whipped out the ukulele again for the next tour- but this time, for "Cherish." Or maybe "Angel." 😲

Seeing as how the album might be a spiritual, esoteric, introspective album from the little I seem to have gathered, I think these ones could fit the theme.

A theme I'm not sure about, just like everybody else.

Before anyone jumps at me to tell me something I already know.

Songs I think are genuinely possible she could perform:

1. Live to Tell
2. Open Your Heart
3. Like a Prayer
4. Cherish
5. The Erotica / Human Nature medley we were fooled into thinking would happen for The MDNA Tour for five seconds OR an Erotica / Justify My Love medley
6. Frozen
7. Ray of Light
8. Don't Tell Me
9. Hung Up

Songs I wish she would perform but don't think she actually will *or think it's possible but a long shot:

1. Bad Girl
2. Swim
3. Sky Fits Heaven
4. Drowned World/Substitute for Love*
5. Bedtime Story / Impressive Instant medley
6. American Life*
7. Hollywood
8. Love Profusion
9. Get Together
10. Jump
11. Falling Free
12. Ghosttown
13. Rebel Heart

17 hours ago, HolidayGuy said:

Given how she recalled what a good song "True Blue" was for the RH Tour, it would be no surprise if she whipped out the ukulele again for the next tour- but this time, for "Cherish." Or maybe "Angel." 😲

Those or good choices! All the the RH shows I went 2, TB was a definite highlight, a real crowd pleaser, moreso than LAV or MG.

5 hours ago, acko said:

Those or good choices! All the the RH shows I went 2, TB was a definite highlight, a real crowd pleaser, moreso than LAV or MG.

Definitely and even on the shitty ass DVD you can tell the middle aged Oz crowd is enjoying it (and yes the RH DVD audience is like an Oz version of DWT DVD audience to be QUITE frank!?)

^As the RH DVD is a compilation of various performances, all sorts of audiences were enjoying it.  :gent:

Wish she would debut TUTBMP and IR in a live setting for a medley performance or something

54 minutes ago, HolidayGuy said:

Wish she would debut TUTBMP and IR in a live setting for a medley performance or something

Don't we all!

I want:

Live To Tell

You’ll See

Candy Shop

Devil Pray

Bad Girl

Oh Father

On 8/6/2018 at 5:46 PM, Musicinferno said:

My biggest wish is that she finds a new and fresh and creative musical director.

Imo, Kevin Antunes is the worst thing that has happened to her.

She should be celebrated in her concerts as she deseves, with exciting musicians or great reinventions of the songs, not just use album versions or horrible mash-ups.

Thank you! :order:

I have a feeling we will have a revisited 'Secret' and 'Like a Virgin' fado/stripped down similar to the instagram she posted several months ago. I think the setlist of Tears of a Clown is a hint to the direction musically of the next tour, more introspective, more American Life/Ray of Light songs. As M approaches 60 I have a feeling this tour will be most similar to the Drowned World tour.

idk y but I strongly have been envision a theme of the "construction of Madonna" -- as if she was a statue being maintenanced/constructed,  I envision life like statue esque imagery, and also Madonna as every woman. Madonna as the front woman.  surrealism in all those aspects. feel like there will definitely be the water section she wanted for previous tours. Very tribal/latin/wordly. Expect La Isla Bonita hahaha. 

Any news on booked arenas for next year other than that France arene rumor? Btw, how long in advance do arenas have to be booked?

9 hours ago, Bat-Fan said:

Any news on booked arenas for next year other than that France arene rumor? Btw, how long in advance do arenas have to be booked?

No, only info on France is from News of Madonna. Arenas for tours like Madonna's are usually booked 12-18 months in advance. 

24 minutes ago, rebelheart said:

No, only info on France is from News of Madonna. Arenas for tours like Madonna's are usually booked 12-18 months in advance. 

Thank you. That means we should hear something very soon.  ☺

My suggestions:

Ray of light (song) needs a comeback

I would open the tour with a classic this time (music/hung up/everybody)

Hung up close to the original please

Don't tell me/American life/Jump/give it 2 me/into the groove should be on the setlist

And just because it's my fav of all time GET TOGETHER PLZ

4 hours ago, Bat-Fan said:

Thank you. That means we should hear something very soon.  ☺

If album comes in the fall then the tour should be announced at the same time, bet Live Nation want tickets on sale before Xmas!