MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Suedy

Predictions / wish list for themes, ideas, segments for the 2019 tour

I really like the Spanish sections. They often end up as one of my fave parts of the show 

On 6/24/2018 at 12:26 AM, coco said:

anything but the dead beaten world music segment pls

thx

z.jpg

DWT's latin segment should be here as well. Love the S&S gipsy dress tho. Actually, the S&S La Isla was a pretty good reinvention; no longer the latino-tropical island and more of a romani gipsy folk song. It was different and cool. MDNA's basque act was cute (tho I wished she would've kept the sleeveless dress with the fur neck for the entire tour) but it did fell flat on some parts and the entire acoustic vibe just didn't work well on big open stadiums. RHT's Mexico-Frida Kahlo theme felt tiring and repetitive (It gave us back WTG tho so it gets some slack cut for that alone). but overall, she does need to quit it with the Latino-Gipsy-Spanish segments.

Holiday needs to be included!

It's a song that ALWAYS wins the audience!

Hell, even the acoustic TOAC version was brilliant!

Yes, Confessions, MDNA, and 08 Sticky were great tours, but they feel incomplete without Holiday!

Same can be said about LAP --- but, for me Holiday is the perfect M concert song.

On 6/12/2018 at 10:54 PM, Kim said:

No,  NOT enough of Like a Prayer. Only Madge fans would want her NOT to perform her signature hit and best song just because THEY are "sick" of it. And NO goddamn "WORLD MUSIC" section either.

YES to getting a LIVE band together again and YES to bringing spectacle and innovation back to her live visuals. Yeah RHT was cute and all, but NEVER AGAIN (not until she's about 80 at least)

I LIVE for your posts! Besides, hasn't she skipped Like a Prayer on her last tour and only performed it occasionally?

I'd love a full blown ethereal/warrior goddess/medieval section featuring:

Like a Prayer, Nothing Really Matters, Frozen and some of the new songs from the album. She has ignored Ray of Light long enough and this time around I want at least two songs from that album and NOT the title track!

It was a missed opportunity to not move I'm Addicted, Like a Prayer and I'm a Sinner into the world music section and have Kalakan play the heavy drums on those songs. THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN EPIC! The majorette section could have been moved to the end of the tour with Turn Up the Radio, Everybody & Celebration as encore!

1. Girl Gone Wild
  2. Revolver
  3. Gang Bang
  4. Papa Don't Preach / Sorry
  5. I Don't Give A
  6. Best Friend (Interlude)
  7. I'm Addicted
  8. Nothing Really Matters
  9. Like a Prayer
  10. I'm a Sinner / Cyber-raga  or even better: Frozen leading into...
  11. ...Open Your Heart! 😍
  12. Masterpiece
  13. Justify My Love (Interlude)
  14. Vogue
  15. Physical Attraction / Erotica
  16. something else. Not Human Nature!
  17. Like a Virgin / Love Spent
  18. Nobody Knows Me (Interlude)
  19. Some Girls / Give Me All Your Luvin' - Medley
  20. Express Yourself (WITH THOSE DAMN DRUMS!!!!)
  21. Turn Up the Radio
  22. Everybody
  23. Celebration

On 6/24/2018 at 8:20 PM, zizibello said:

Holiday needs to be included!

It's a song that ALWAYS wins the audience!

Hell, even the acoustic TOAC version was brilliant!

Yes, Confessions, MDNA, and 08 Sticky were great tours, but they feel incomplete without Holiday!

Same can be said about LAP --- but, for me Holiday is the perfect M concert song.

NO

No more Holiday. Everything that came after the fantastic DWT and RIT renditions was disappointing. If you wanna dust something off from Debut, bring back fucking Everybody or Physical Attraction.

22 minutes ago, S.E.X. said:

NO

No more Holiday. Everything that came after the fantastic DWT and RIT renditions was disappointing. If you wanna dust something off from Debut, bring back fucking Everybody or Physical Attraction.

Holiday is loved by all of the GP and casual fans.  Every person I know that could be considered a mild or casual fan loves Holiday.  These hits such as Holiday, Like a Prayer, Vogue are musts for every concert.  

2 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Holiday is loved by all of the GP and casual fans.  Every person I know that could be considered a mild or casual fan loves Holiday.  These hits such as Holiday, Like a Prayer, Vogue are musts for every concert. 

You're absolutely right although I'd love it if Madonna brought back signature songs that die-hard fans wish to revisit and were most definitely not performed in enough tours.

Live to TellPapa Don't Preach and Frozen are merely a few examples of worldwide hits that are way too often paid dust.

40 minutes ago, Marco said:

You're absolutely right although I'd love it if Madonna brought back signature songs that die-hard fans wish to revisit and were most definitely not performed in enough tours.

Live to TellPapa Don't Preach and Frozen are merely a few examples of worldwide hits that are way too often paid dust.

Yes,  there are lots of hits that I would love her to play.  The ones you mentioned are great examples.  Just feel that Like a Prayer,  Holiday, Vogue, Like a Virgin, Hung Up and Into the Groove are such staples that the crowd always go nuts for - as long as they are not changed too much.  Then she can add as many other hits, album gems or new songs as possible and we have a show that die hard fans and casual fans all love.  Makes for an incredible and electric atmosphere when the entire crowd is with her.  Do the massive hits everyone and their dog know and then she can add any other song she wants and the crowd will be with her 100 %   Madonna plays a lot of songs in her concerts so she has a huge choice after the massive hits.   Whether people like it or not,  Casual and lapsed fans are a huge part of any superstar's audience at concerts and they definitely add to it. 

1 hour ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Yes,  there are lots of hits that I would love her to play.  The ones you mentioned are great examples.  Just feel that Like a Prayer,  Holiday, Vogue, Like a Virgin, Hung Up and Into the Groove are such staples that the crowd always go nuts for - as long as they are not changed too much.  Then she can add as many other hits, album gems or new songs as possible and we have a show that die hard fans and casual fans all love.  Makes for an incredible and electric atmosphere when the entire crowd is with her.  Do the massive hits everyone and their dog know and then she can add any other song she wants and the crowd will be with her 100 %   Madonna plays a lot of songs in her concerts so she has a huge choice after the massive hits.   Whether people like it or not,  Casual and lapsed fans are a huge part of any superstar's audience at concerts and they definitely add to it. 

I'd add Music as another crowd pleaser that resonates with casual fans/audience-goers and has become an imperative addition to the set list.

18 minutes ago, Marco said:

I'd add Music as another crowd pleaser that resonates with casual fans/audience-goers and has become an imperative addition to the set list.

Yes for sure !  

And Ray of Light!

The amount of times I've heard "I love this song! Wait, this is a Madonna song?"... :rolleyes:

9 minutes ago, Mat.Guy said:

And Ray of Light!

The amount of times I've heard "I love this song! Wait, this is a Madonna song?"... :rolleyes:

Another great hit !   She is such a great artist with the best catalogue of music ever.  

Music and Vogue are the best songs to reinvent in set lists. Imagine Music with a kuduro remix?

13 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

NO [2]

look, i get throwing in a couple of crowd-pleasers for the casual listeners in every tour, but come on

she absolutely does NOT need to do holiday, like a prayer, holiday, la isla bonita and music in every tour

and thank god she hasn't, there's other worldwide hits beyond those, she's already closed what? three or four tours with holiday?

bring back frozen, ray of light, hung up, sorry, live to tell, even 4 minutes for the love of m

if DWT and CT have proven anything is that there's not any song she absolutely HAS to perform

and yeah, yeah, different time and eras and whatever but it's not like anyone knows the final setlist for sure until the first concert, MONTHS after the first couple of legs have already been locked and as if the casual fan who'll only buy a ticket if they know like a prayer is there will log onto madonnanation to check it out

it's not like she tours every year, we've only had ten tours in the past 35 years

her crowd pleasers are not limited to only those songs, she has enough of them to keep a healthy, diverse variation from tour to tour

We will have to agree to disagree but when casual fans see Madonna , they love to hear her iconic hits. I never get tired or bored of hearing her classic hits and love seeing the crowd filled with excitement and joy to hear them.  We always get plenty of other songs too so variety is always there for die hard fans 

This is a topic that has many different views, but  I loved seeing the crowd in absolute rapture when she performed Like a Prayer at the RHT. Same when the Vogue part came in on Holy Water. Crowd atmosphere is a key for arena tours.  Anyway, just my view but how I see it. 

Some of y'all have the worst ideas in the world. Thank God you are not working for Madonna lmao.

RHT had a very balanced and good mix or old hits and new songs and I think (wish) she keeps it this way. She can switch the classics around but the setlist should contain at least 50% of well-known songs to keep the crowd alive.

10 hours ago, DagIN said:

Some of y'all have the worst ideas in the world. Thank God you are not working for Madonna lmao.

RHT had a very balanced and good mix or old hits and new songs and I think (wish) she keeps it this way. She can switch the classics around but the setlist should contain at least 50% of well-known songs to keep the crowd alive.

This

15 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

We will have to agree to disagree but when casual fans see Madonna , they love to hear her iconic hits. I never get tired or bored of hearing her classic hits and love seeing the crowd filled with excitement and joy to hear them.  We always get plenty of other songs too so variety is always there for die hard fans 

This is a topic that has many different views, but  I loved seeing the crowd in absolute rapture when she performed Like a Prayer at the RHT. Same when the Vogue part came in on Holy Water. Crowd atmosphere is a key for arena tours.  Anyway, just my view but how I see it. 

Who the fuck cares about the crowd? No one. Madonna concerts are about the experience of seeing the best female artist ever. She‘s not MJ who kept doing the same classics his entire life. I‘m glad she‘s always changing it up.

Holiday has been performed on every tour aside from one and nothing will top RIT and DWT‘s re-inventions. RHT‘s rendition was a disappointment. She has at leadt 10 song that are equally successful and well-known. Holiday is hardly her biggest or most well-known song.

11 hours ago, DagIN said:

I felt it was incredibly unbalanced. Too many 80s songs and not enough from the 90s/00s. 

Holiday was the most bland, disappointing and mediocre ending she has done in ages. It felt like a last-minute idea.

RHT was a GP-pleaser and I hope the next tour isn’t. People are gonna buy tickets to see her no matter what. They won’t know the setlist beforehand and they won’t care if there are at least a few song she knows and she has enough they would know.

Ban list from the next tour:

1. Holiday
  2. Like a Virgin
  3. La Isla Bonita
  4. Vogue
  5. Human Nature
  6. Music
  7. Candy Shop

List of songs she is more than welcome to perform:

1. Everybody
  2. Physical Attraction
  3. Lucky Star
  4. Crazy for You
  5. Gambler
  6. Into the Groove
  7. Angel
  8. Live to Tell
  9. Papa Don’t Preach
  10. Open Your Heart
  11. Causing a Commotion
  12. Like a Prayer
  13. Express Yourself
  14. Cherish
  15. Oh Father
  16. Vogue
  17. Justify My Love
  18. Rescue Me
  19. This Used to Be My Playground 
  20. Erotica
  21. Bad Girl
  22. Fever
  23. Rain
  24. I‘ll Remember
  25. Secret
  26. Take a Bow
  27. Bedtime Story
  28. Frozen
  29. Ray of Light
  30. The Power of Good-Time
  31. Nothing Really Matters
  32. Beautiful Stranger
  33. American Pie
  34. Don‘t Tell Me
  35. What It Feels Like for a Girl
  36. Die Another Day
  37. American Life
  38. Hollywood
  39. Nothing Fails
  40. Love Profusion
  41. Sorry
  42. Get Together
  43. Jump
  44. 4 Minutes
  45. Give It 2 Me
  46. Girl Gone Wild
  47. Ghosttown

32 minutes ago, S.E.X. said:

1. Holiday
  2. Like a Virgin
  3. La Isla Bonita
  4. Vogue
  5. Human Nature
  6. Music
  7. Candy Shop
  8. Like a Prayer

:rolleyes:

10 hours ago, S.E.X. said:

1. Candy Shop

Never. This needs to be a staple for every tour.

I'm so happy because my deluded ass is ready to hear What It Feels Like For A Girl live

4 hours ago, Paul said:

I mean...I get she's still mad it wasn't a single but her petty ass needs to let it go and stop torturing us with this unnecessary filler.

1 hour ago, erotica blu said:

Candy Shop as a closer. 

Fuck you! :lmao:

If she includes Holiday in her setlist again, I hope it's nothing like the RH Tour version.
It was really the worst both visually (with the recycled flag theme) and sonicallly (so flat and soulless). Awful way to close an otherwise great show.

It's such a joyful song and it can really get everybody on their feet and dancing, but it needs to be as good as Blonde Ambition or Drowned World Tour. Even the Reinvention Tour version wasn't half bad.

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 1:01 PM, Paul said:

Every version we've had so far went from great to awesome, so yeah.