MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Suedy

Predictions / wish list for themes, ideas, segments for the 2019 tour

Segments:
Magic (new visual accompany with the album, good witch); wish list: Nothing Really Matters, Bedtime story, Skin

4 min to save the world (visual_cowgirl fashionista, mother earth, save the dolphins and peace to the world) wish list: 4min, Sorry, Don`t tell me

Mambo (visual: Mama Africa, prints, colors)_acoustic_ wish list: Swim, Paradise(not for me)

Queen (visual: original sinner, club whore)_electronic_ wish list: Hollywood, BIM, Rescue me

Encore_impressive instant+ray of light

Hmm as for themes,I'dlike her to explore witch, african, egyptian, pirates (😂), native american/ tribal etc... As long as they are done with style and not too costume-esque. Oh and baroque/rococcoo 

Posted (edited)

No more religious/catholic themes or dancing nuns etc. She's done them to death already and we already have enough of them in the past couple of tours. I want something new and refreshing, nothing recycled. She's done tours without catholic themes before like Drowned World yet the show still turns out good.

Edited by Jitterbug

Themes:

• No more Church/Catholic/Religious or Latino/Spanish/Mexican/Gipsy segments. Please. (I also wouldn't mind if she decides not to do anymore Pimp/Dominatrix/Violent segments)
  • My personal wishlist would be: Futuristic-Robotic, Biblical-Apocalyptical, Fakir, Woodstock-Hippie, Encore

As for the songs:

• Holiday, LAP, La Isla, Music, Candy Shop, EY, Human Nature, Hung Up, Vogue and LAV need to sit this one out entirely (that means no sampling, no being part of mashups/medleys, no impromptu performances, no nothing!!)
  • For the oldies: Everybody, Angel, Gambler, Papa Don't Preach, Causing a Commotion, Cherish. I wouldn't mind her repeating Borderline, Burning Up (as long as they're not on guitar!!), Lucky Star, Into The Groove, DYU, Material Girl, WTG, True Blue, Open Your Heart, D&D or Secret.
  • For the ballads: Live to Tell, Crazy For You, The Look of Love, Oh Father (would go particularly well inside an apocalyptic or biblical segment), Bad Girl, Rain, You'll See, Take a Bow, DCFMA, Frozen, The Power of Goodbye, Drowned World, WIFLFAG, Nothing Fails, Ghosttown.
  • For other hits: Erotica, Nothing Really Matters, Ray of Light (not on guitar) Beautiful Stranger, Nothing Fails, Hollywood, Don't Tell Me, Sorry, Get Together, Jump, 4 Minutes, GI2M, Miles Away, GMAYL, GGW, Living For Love.
  • Well Known non-singles: Physical Attraction, Skin, Sky Fits Heaven, Impressive Instant, Paradise, Nobody Knows Me.
  • Covers: Fever or Like an Angel Passing Through My Room!!

On 6/13/2018 at 1:36 AM, Gabriel Ciccone said:

Like a Prayer is the same thing in tours lol. Only Sticky and Sweet have a different version.

I prefer songs that she rarely sing, like Rebel Heart Tour did (True Blue, Who's That Girl, Take a Bow)

I guess that unlike Holiday, which can be remixed and adapted into any theme, LAP needs a religious-themed setting/performance, otherwise it wouldn't work. Kind of like JML or Bedtime Story, I just can't picture her giving those songs proper modern tour performances.

On 6/13/2018 at 10:11 PM, nobelson said:

I need an acoustic version of Sky Fits Heaven. 

Toilet break.

Please no voodoo/carnival/Circus Magic theme :lol:

Sanctuary + Swim as theme!

I was thinking about a GH Show segmented into Rogers/Leonard/Orbit/Mirwais/Price parts where each producer could be asked to take on a segment of one of the others and give it a new turn. To weird? Maybe a bit to ambitious and costly, but I guess it could be fun. 

19 hours ago, acko said:

Please no voodoo/carnival/Circus Magic theme :lol:

I would love that though 👀😂

I think she will do a "Tears of a Clown" theme in one of the segments. She could sing old songs never played before

Singles that she rarely/never sang before:

Everybody,Angel,Crazy for You,Live to Tell,Causin a Commotion,Cherish,Oh Father,Keep it Together,This Used to be my Playground,Bad Girl,Rain,Secret,Bedtime Story,The Power of Goodbye,Nothing Really Matters, Beautiful Stranger,What it Feels Like for a Girl,Hollywood,Love Profusion,Nothing Fails,Sorry,Get Together,Jump,Miles Away

For those who's sick of Like A Prayer, FUCK YOU.

1. It's arguably her best song of all time.

2. It's one of her signature hits

3. The crowd eats it up every time

4. She already skipped it on RHT (performing in selective shows does NOT count)

5. Many people (me included) have never seen her perform the song live. 

9 hours ago, loowee said:

Thank you

I was listening to What It Feels Like For A Girl yesterday and the lyrics are still so powerful and especially appropriate with the whole #MeToo movement going on. 

I can absolutely see her dusting this off for her next tour. 

On 6/18/2018 at 4:34 AM, loowee said:

TatteredConsciousBluetonguelizard.gif

“Another Suitcase in Anothet Hall?” An acoustic “Sky Fits Heaven?” But ... a blanket ban on “LAP,” “Music,” “Holiday,” “LIB,” and “LAV?”

Either this thread is an extended joke that I’m not getting or y’all are writing the worst fucking set list in history.

On 6/17/2018 at 4:30 AM, horn said:

Sanctuary + Swim as theme!

That would be so awesome.   Two great songs that seem forgotten!

On 6/18/2018 at 12:42 PM, KalamazooJay said:

I was listening to What It Feels Like For A Girl yesterday and the lyrics are still so powerful and especially appropriate with the whole #MeToo movement going on. 

I can absolutely see her dusting this off for her next tour. 

That would be a great tie-in to what's going culturally! I think she could do an entire women's empowerment focused segment with songs like Don't Tell Me, Express Yourself, You'll See, etc.

Something catolic/joan fo arc

something gypsy/portuguese fado world music section

something circus/clown

I would love some baroque opera style (not to be confused with VMAs Vogue, that’s rococo and very different), with much artificial and stylized choreography and lavish colorful settings. And M as the part of ‘la musica’, exploring her realms. With nymphs and amors and fruits and mystical animals or the like. 

20 hours ago, material_boy said:

“Another Suitcase in Anothet Hall?” An acoustic “Sky Fits Heaven?” But ... a blanket ban on “LAP,” “Music,” “Holiday,” “LIB,” and “LAV?”

Either this thread is an extended joke that I’m not getting or y’all are writing the worst fucking set list in history.

Just for this tour, she can always bring them back for the farewell tour/ Tour 12

11 hours ago, Fuzzy Dream said:

That would be a great tie-in to what's going culturally! I think she could do an entire women's empowerment focused segment with songs like Don't Tell Me, Express Yourself, You'll See, etc.

I fucking love that idea. 

12 hours ago, Fuzzy Dream said:

I like that!

9 hours ago, Lolo said:

‘la musica’, exploring her realms. With nymphs and amors and fruits and mystical animals or the like. 

Guuuurl, sounds like a 90s Janet show.

1 hour ago, Kim said:

I like that!

Guuuurl, sounds like a 90s Janet show.

Haha, not how I envision it. As if Janet of all people knows about stuff like that. 

4 hours ago, LHakaLH said:

Just for this tour, she can always bring them back for the farewell tour/ Tour 12

Still makes Tour 11 absolute shit.

anything but the dead beaten world music segment pls

thx

z.jpg

4 hours ago, coco said:

anything but the dead beaten world music segment pls

thx

z.jpg

Yep.

It was essentially the dullest segment in each of these tours.