MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Suedy

Predictions / wish list for themes, ideas, segments for the 2019 tour

Portuguese / fado segment / theme / dancers / singers? 

Cape Verde remixes? 

Met Gala ethereal look frenzy? 

Football references? Beautiful Game ? Benfica? 

A fado section would be more than welcome, reinventing songs like Secret or To have and not to hold along with the new material

I wish she would also further develop the eastern/indian theme which she has hinted at in the past (Girlievshow Vogue, Shanti/Ray of light at the vmas, I'm a sinner/Cyberraga from MDNA tour), it would be a good time to dust off the awesome Vikram remix of Nothing really matters

What about The Immaculate Collection versions tho?

I'm just happy if she doesn’t do Hallelujah again, cause it’s been played to death like no song before or ever since and I’m sick of it. 

So yeah, no Roman Catholic related theme please. Though if the tour is going to be ‚best of‘ there’s no way around it tbh. 

Ethereal and electronic themes look like could possibly fit in with the new album, from the little we know of it so far.

I'm hoping she dusts off Bedtime Story and Impressive Instant for a medley.

Hopefully Frozen, Ray of Light and Get Together (lol as if) will also make it into the setlist. Would love a full performance of Ghosttown too, but that's not gonna happen.

And Cherish, so she can give the fans what they want and go on about how she thinks it's "so corny" and "the most r*t*rded song" she's ever written before she performs it.

NO CANDY SHOP / LA ISLA BONITA / HOLIDAY / LATINO SEGMENT and I really wouldn't mind if she'd just let Like a Prayer rest for a little bit.

So what I think will really happen is the last act will be a Latino Rhythmic session kicked off by Spanish Lesson, segueing into La Isla Bonita, Candy Shop (remix sampling La Cucaracha), finishing off with Holiday (Latino remix sampling and reprising Spanish Lesson, La Isla Bonita and Candy Shop).

A great band!

Very hard to predict anything without hearing the new album first

38 minutes ago, Mat.Guy said:

Very hard to predict anything without hearing the new album first

I would go so far as saying there is no way without hearing the material. If the rumors are true, she could do songs from ray of light, music and american life finally.

2 hours ago, Vinny said:

Ethereal and electronic themes look like could possibly fit in with the new album, from the little we know of it so far.

I'm hoping she dusts off Bedtime Story and Impressive Instant for a medley.

Hopefully Frozen, Ray of Light and Get Together (lol as if) will also make it into the setlist. Would love a full performance of Ghosttown too, but that's not gonna happen.

And Cherish, so she can give the fans what they want and go on about how she thinks it's "so corny" and "the most r*t*rded song" she's ever written before she performs it.

NO CANDY SHOP / LA ISLA BONITA / HOLIDAY / LATINO SEGMENT and I really wouldn't mind if she'd just let Like a Prayer rest for a little bit.

Like a prayer definetely needs a little rest at this point

A Fado segment would look to much like the Latin one from Rebel Heart Tour as the black dress code is quite similar; unless she goes all White Queen re-inventing its look. But Like A Prayer, Secret and Frozen would fit it and sound great with some fado-ish chords. I'm here for that.

An Age of Discovers (as it is related to Portugal) theme would be cool and there are so many layers that she could explore from it: the odyssey adventure, the water/ocean as a home and bridge, the supernatural creatures against men, the scary and dark nights, the first contact with other cultures, etc. So much potential.

A similar theme that I've always wanted her to explore are the Gulliver's Travels. I know that she will never do it lol but it is such a popular book and there's so much human nature on it. In one place he was the smalllest creature and felt alone, in other he was the biggest one and felt that he was being used, then there's a misogyny flying island full of "geniuses" and in the end he met animals smarter and logical than men. Those are a bunch of very actual themes.

Enough of Like a Prayer. I want some 90's ballads like Something to Remember,I'll Remember, This used to be my playground, Another Hall in another suitcase....I think it will fit in a fado/acoustic segment.

No,  NOT enough of Like a Prayer. Only Madge fans would want her NOT to perform her signature hit and best song just because THEY are "sick" of it. And NO goddamn "WORLD MUSIC" section either.

YES to getting a LIVE band together again and YES to bringing spectacle and innovation back to her live visuals. Yeah RHT was cute and all, but NEVER AGAIN (not until she's about 80 at least)

7 minutes ago, Kim said:

Only Madge fans would want her NOT to perform her signature hit and best song just because THEY are "sick" of it.

Madge fans?

On this forum???

Preposterous!!!!!!

there is ALWAYS an ethnic segment, usually something latin... and one "budoir" segment where M seduces the female dancers, it's a given... and one gym/disco segment, usually in the end.... The last 6 tours follow a very similar pattern

I'll Remember, Hung Up, Rain, 4 Minutes, What It Feels Like For A Girl, Secret, Power Of GODbye, Beautiful Stranger....

8 minutes ago, Vinny said:

Madge fans?

On this forum???

Preposterous!!!!!!

What's preposterous are fans of a pop star complaining when they sing their biggest hits in concert....while creaming their panties over the prospect of a bossa nova version of I'd Rather be your Lover or some shit. Only Madge fans....

Just now, Kim said:

What's preposterous are fans of a pop star complaining when they sing their biggest hits in concert....while creaming their panties over the prospect of a bossa nova version of I'd Rather be your Lover or some shit. Only Madge fans....

dude, chill, i'm obviously just pulling your leg

these are all wish lists, not a "if she includes/doesn't include song x on the setlist I AM NO LONGER A FAN!!!" demand

and you bet your ass i'll still sing Candy Shop - The Extended 20 Minute Reggaeton Mix at the top of my lungs if i get the chance to see her live again

WHILE i cream my pants over the second and a half of cherish she includes in the greatest hits medley video interlude this time around

relax, guys, we're just a bunch of gays queening over a multi millionaire woman who's gonna do her thing no matter what at the end of the day

- More thematic/conceptual performances. Rebel Heart lacked a theatrical edge to me and seemed more like "Madonna on a whim". I want a spectacle.

- More choreography. It doesn't have to be high-energy/intensity, just more calculated movements for both Madonna and her backup dancers. I would love to see ballroom dancing incorporated again like Erotica on the Confessions Tours.

- Use videos of classic looks/moments throughout her career as the visual backdrop. Like her performance of Music at the Grammys. It would get the crowd really hyped.

Set list wishes: 

- More hits. Sorry, I know people are gonna hate me, but she has more hits than any other singer ever and they just sit there collecting dust. 

- More mid-90s to mid-2000s lesser hits. (Secret, Beautiful Stranger, Frozen, Drowned World, Don't Tell Me, Get Together, Nothing Fails ALL deserve performances.)

- 80s classics she hasn't done in a while. (Papa Don't Preach, INTO THE MOTHERF*CKING GROOVE aka her best dance song, Borderline, Pray for Spanish Eyes)

- OPEN WITH A CLASSIC!!!! I personally would love PDP, with a LONG ass dramatic string intro.

A proper performance of Take A Bow please

Yeah, as an Australian who attended her Brisbane shows, I have yet to see Like a Prayer live and hope she continues to perform it.

The irony is that I HAVE seen her perform Take a Bow and Crazy For You, which I know many fans would sacrifice one of their many Like a Prayer performances for.

But LAP is one of those immortal, all-time-greats songs and I neeeed to see it live.

But my main wish for the new tour is that she comes back to Australia. After being skipped for over two decades, it's never a given that she will tour here.

2 hours ago, yououghttavogue said:

- Use videos of classic looks/moments throughout her career as the visual backdrop. Like her performance of Music at the Grammys. It would get the crowd really hyped.

Again?

- Grammys
- DWT Music
- CT Music Inferno
- S&ST She's Not Me
- MDNAT Turn Up The Radio
- RHT Rebel Heat

Weren't these enough? Do you really need more?

:britwtf:

2 hours ago, Bitch I'm Christian said:

Yeah, as an Australian who attended her Brisbane shows, I have yet to see Like a Prayer live and hope she continues to perform it.

The irony is that I HAVE seen her perform Take a Bow and Crazy For You, which I know many fans would sacrifice one of their many Like a Prayer performances for.

But LAP is one of those immortal, all-time-greats songs and I neeeed to see it live.

But my main wish for the new tour is that she comes back to Australia. After being skipped for over two decades, it's never a given that she will tour here.

What if we all accept her to sacrifice Like A Prayer (and Like A Virgin, for the matter) next time around in order to get the world premiere of hits like This Used To Be My Playground, Bad Girl, I'll Remember, Nothing Really Matters, American Pie or Love Profusion? Cuz, you know, that said classic has been performed in 9 live shows/tours, while these ones have been performed in, well, a shameful 0. How are they suppose to get bigger in popularity if she ignores them time after time, and performs over and over a hit that, in the long run, makes her look like a one hit wonder artist?

I'd like to see her incorporate more props again.. I think the strongest visual from the RHT were the poles in Holy Water, while a considerable amount of the show felt highly dependant on the dancers, stage and screens (and herself of course). In other words, more of a spectacle.

I agree that there should definitely be a live band.

No more live autotune! I'd much rather her prerecord vocals to demanding songs and mime instead. I also personally think she should find some new backup singers.

Reimagined songs have been absent for a while (apart from the RHT Like a Virgin remix, which was already out there). I loved the Instagram clip of her singing along to a slowed down acoustic version of Like a Virgin in 2017 (I can't find the clip) - I'd be interested to hear more of that. 

No more: Vogue, Like a Prayer, La Isla Bonita, Holiday

I'd like to see he re-explore Bedtime Stories, Erotica, and Confessions tracks. I also want another huge production American Life performance.

As for predictions, I think Bitch I'm Madonna might be the one single from the 2010s she'll bring out again in future tours.

(I also predict that she might not tour this album)

3 minutes ago, rayofgod said:

No more live autotune!

Do you mean vocoder?

If not, I didn't even know it was possible to autotune a song as it was being performed. 🤔

23 minutes ago, Vinny said:

Do you mean vocoder?

If not, I didn't even know it was possible to autotune a song as it was being performed. 🤔

It's been possible for quite a while actually, she used it for American Life performance on the Jonathon Ross show in 03 (you can hear the effect kick in)

Iconic and Body Shop (probably a few more) were sung live with auto tune too.

Vocoder is a different effect.. the best example would be the 'Do you like to boogie..' part in Music

Like a Prayer is the same thing in tours lol. Only Sticky and Sweet have a different version.

I prefer songs that she rarely sing, like Rebel Heart Tour did (True Blue, Who's That Girl, Take a Bow)

10 hours ago, Gabriel Ciccone said:

Enough of Like a Prayer. I want some 90's ballads like Something to Remember,I'll Remember, This used to be my playground, Another Hall in another suitcase....I think it will fit in a fado/acoustic segment.

and You'll see

A section entirely focused in a Post-Apocalyptic theme.

Video Interlude - Similar to Ghosttown. Monologues about overpopulation, pollution, famine, wars echo in the background as a hopeless Madonna watches through the TV. Once she steps out into the wilderness, a handful of survivors (all women) emerge and they hold hands, vowing to rebuild a better world.

The limelights shine on a giant staircase ascending from the stage, revealing an all-female crew. After a few seconds, focus shifts to a cloaked figure amidst the women, soon revealed to be M.

Live To Tell

Similar to the MG performance of Beautiful Game, during which the women carry M around while she dramatically descends the stairs.

Ghosttown (contains elements of One More Chance)

Male dancers suddenly emerge. Madonna and the other women are initially hesitant to trust them. They eventually give in and come to the conclusion there’s hope that both genders will live accordingly.

Nothing Really Matters (contains elements of Amazing)

A tightly choreographed performance during which all of Madonna’s dancers represent the social obstacles of our world as she takes them down one by one.

Love Profusion (contains elements of Swim)

The final number of this section. It’s a simpler performance during which Madonna and her dancers engage in freestyle and let their inhibitions fully come undone.

I need an acoustic version of Sky Fits Heaven. And Gambler's comeback.