Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
material_boy

Add one song: VT setlist

Recommended Posts

I'm bored. We're getting no news about the album, there're no leaks, and I'm dying for some new Madonna -- So let's play a game:

It's 1985. Madonna is a newly-minted superstar with two hit albums -- the second of which is a worldwide smash -- and more than a half dozen hit singles getting wall-to-wall play on radio and MTV. She's finishing rehearsals for her first-ever concert tour and she thinks the setlist needs ONE more song to round out the show. What song do you add? And where does it go?

Here's the actual VT setlist for anyone who needs a quick reminder:

  1. Dress You Up
  2. Holiday
  3. Into the Groove
  4. Everybody
  5. Angel
  6. Gambler
  7. Borderline
  8. Lucky Star
  9. Crazy for You
  10. Over and Over
  11. Burning Up
  12. Like a Virgin
  13. Material Girl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Physical Attraction, after Lucky Star.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My pick:

  1. Dress You Up
  2. Holiday
  3. Into the Groove
  4. Everybody
  5. Angel
  6. Gambler
  7. Borderline
  8. Think of Me
  9. Lucky Star
  10. Crazy for You
  11. Over and Over
  12. Burning Up
  13. Like a Virgin
  14. Material Girl

God, I love "Think of Me." It has smash hit written all over it, tbh. Could have been a megahit just like "Borderline" and "Lucky Star" if she didn't have "LAV" already on tap and just SCREAMED for a live performance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A live performance of Stay would've been epic!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Physical Attraction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, material_boy said:

I'm bored. We're getting no news about the album, there're no leaks, and I'm dying for some new Madonna -- So let's play a game:

It's 1985. Madonna is a newly-minted superstar with two hit albums -- the second of which is a worldwide smash -- and more than a half dozen hit singles getting wall-to-wall play on radio and MTV. She's finishing rehearsals for her first-ever concert tour and she thinks the setlist needs ONE more song to round out the show. What song do you add? And where does it go?

Here's the actual VT setlist for anyone who needs a quick reminder:

  1. Dress You Up
  2. Holiday
  3. Into the Groove
  4. Everybody
  5. Angel
  6. Gambler
  7. Borderline
  8. Lucky Star
  9. Crazy for You
  10. Love Don't Live Here Anymore
  11. Over and Over
  12. Physical Attraction
  13. Burning Up
  14. Like a Virgin
  15. Material Girl

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the obvious choice here is Physical Attraction. Should've been song #2. 

But wow, what a fucking setlist that is. It's just one classic after another. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, material_boy said:

My pick:

  1. Dress You Up
  2. Holiday
  3. Into the Groove
  4. Everybody
  5. Angel
  6. Gambler
  7. Borderline
  8. Think of Me
  9. Lucky Star
  10. Crazy for You
  11. Over and Over
  12. Burning Up
  13. Like a Virgin
  14. Material Girl

God, I love "Think of Me." It has smash hit written all over it, tbh. Could have been a megahit just like "Borderline" and "Lucky Star" if she didn't have "LAV" already on tap and just SCREAMED for a live performance.

I was looking at the non-performed songs that could be the answer to this thread's question and Think Of Me popped up right there, after Borderline, as you have it.

It would be the Mad Section lol:

Angel - Belief in nonexistent beings
Gambler - Megalomaniac syndrome
Borderline - Personality disorder
Think Of Me - Intellectual functioning

:rotfl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stay!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Physical Attraction and Stay. Why can’t it be a 15 track setlist? 

Edited by Jitterbug

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to agree with others and picked Physical Attraction! 

By the way, I love this tour and I wish the powers that be would rerelease it on dvd.👏🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/9/2018 at 8:39 PM, Nick said:

I have to agree with others and picked Physical Attraction! 

By the way, I love this tour and I wish the powers that be would rerelease it on dvd.👏🏻

Same. Large majority of us don’t even have a vhs player (a working one anyways) anymore. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It had to be Physical Attraction!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×