MadonnaNation.com Forums
material_boy

Is Girlie Show her best ever?

Yes. This, an not B. A., was the template for everyone to copy. I still miss the artist headlining. Sublime. 

On 6/10/2018 at 2:59 AM, eroticerotic said:

I think so. I feel like back then she wanted to prove she could be part of the band at her stature. she succeeded; the fact t that people were trying to cancel her after sex/erotica/body of evidence, and this show was sold out, this show is fucking awesome.

I hope she goes full band again in her next tour because, I feel like, she underestimates herself as a musician live. for example, like a virgin rebel heart. she didn't need a single prop and it was a highlight. I LIVE for shit like that. she is such a presence. I understand she is human and she probably feels like she needs big show, but she really doesn't. 

love her. im stanning!

A thousand times YES to this.

I'd love for her to strip back her next tour to the bare essentials. A good band, a good setlist, an attitude and a spotlight is all she needs to command an entire stadium full of people. Who's that Girl Tour 2.0 -- that's my dream.

Her best LIVE tour and my favorite one in terms of atmosphere, scenography, live vocals. 

Why's SO Hard was fab

Guest Marco

Yes. Not only was it promoting her greatest album to date but it was even more of a spectacle than Blond Ambition.

Im not sure. I love that she resisted the temptation to do Blond Ambition part II. She learned from that tour that she couldnt push herself that far physically every single night. She also didnt go for obvious choices, instead choosing to create a show that was thematically solid and not just packed with hits for the sake of it.

The costumes were excellent, the musical arrangements were her best ever - and her vocals were on point throughout. Its hard to find a fault with the show. i prefer it in so many ways to all her other tours, but it does lack that bombastic appeal and show off factor that Blond Ambition has.....that tour was her really showing everyone what she was made of.

Fantastic live vocals, i wish she could sing like this on Blond Ambition. Such a shame she lost her voice right before her most iconic tour

I'm not a huge fan of the setlist on Girlie Show but, as a show, it's M at her best

First time I saw her live in Paris........front raw  so close during Fever...........unforgetable.......musicaly strong quality...........😍

On 6/18/2018 at 3:21 AM, Gabriel Ciccone said:

Blond Ambition is better

You said it! 

Guest NewYorkCam

The Girlie Show is fantastic .. the Erotica album is what got me obsessed with M in the first place, so seeing so many of those songs live on tour was awesome (well, the live HBO broadcast .. I was too young to see the show, and she didn't play many US dates anyway) .. always loved the live band too - there's nothing I would change about the show

On Thursday, August 30, 2018 at 3:54 PM, NewYorkCam said:

The Girlie Show is fantastic .. the Erotica album is what got me obsessed with M in the first place, so seeing so many of those songs live on tour was awesome (well, the live HBO broadcast .. I was too young to see the show, and she didn't play many US dates anyway) .. always loved the live band too - there's nothing I would change about the show

I wouldn't said it better. Love everything about this era.