MadonnaNation.com Forums
Rock

Why does M ignore COADF's songs (minus Hung Up) on setlists?

13 hours ago, cocolattee said:

I'm curious to see what song (if any) from MDNA she will pick for her next tours

the only one I can see her do again is the guitar version of TUTR

Hopefully none. Not because theyre THAT bad, but there are too many classics and overlooked gems to include MDNA songs. 

if madonna's next tour is around 25 songs again (as MDNA and RHT were), this is what I want:

10 M14 tracks + these back catalog tracks

1. nothing fails
2. frozen
3. beautiful stranger
4. papa don't preach
5. like a prayer
6. into the groove
7. borderline
8. sorry 
9. don't tell me 
10. vogue
11. music
12. holiday 
13. secret
14. live to tell
15. take a bow

We definitely need Sorry [The Trump Remix] on the next tour.

Virgin Tour, All singles released at that point performed

Who's That Girl, All singles released at that point performed in a tour

Blond Ambition, Dear Jessie and Spotlight not ever performed in a tour

Girlie Show, Rescue Me, This Used To Be My Playground and Bad Girl

Drowned World, I'll Remember, Take A Bow, Bedtime Story, You'll See, One More Chance, Love Don't Live Here Anymore, You Must Love Me (Though later performed), Don't Cry For Me Argentina, Another Suitcase In Another Hall, The Power Of Goodbye, Nothing Really Matters, American Pie

ReInvention, Hollywood, Love Profusion, me Against The Music

Sticky and Sweet/ MDNA, No recent singles ommitted

Rebel Heart, Ghosttown (partly)

If we had tours for Bedtime Stories and Ray Of Light this list would have been much shorter as the never performed songs are mainly from these eras and maybe other once performed songs such as Angel, Gambler, Cherish, Justify My Love, Rain wouild have a second outing. As much as I loved the Confssions Tour and Album I think it unlikely (bar Hung Up) we will see these songs performed again.

Get together is my favorite song so I’m in anytime any version even if it’s an illusion I don’t care. 

Hung up. Dance version with ABBA sample need to be on the next tour.

Jump is a would be a crowed pleasure for sure. Is still a radio song play often. At least here in canada. 

She performed songs on rht that I thought would never be performed ever so everything is possible. Deeper and deeper. Love don’t live here anymore. True blue. Material girl. All big surprise for me

coadf is unfairly ignore for obscure reason. As American life also outside dad and nkm. Hollywood could fit perfectly anywhere. American life could fit with the political context.

With Mirwais in the game for m14. Likely a bit more dance electronic m dance song could lead us to some reinvention of coadf and American life in many ways. 

Shame how high and push weren’t done. How high would have made a good video interlude in the place of sorry remix.

2 hours ago, Jitterbug said:

How high would have made a good video interlude in the place of sorry remix.

That was the original plan, supposedly, but then she ran out of time and wasn’t able to film it, apparently. (Someone once described the concept of Madonna climbing in heels...? Maybe. If I’m recalling correctly.)

Maybe you already knew that, though? Jusy mentioning it in case someone else reading hadn’t ever read that rumor.

tbh, i wish she'd've done fighting spirit either live or as an interlude in lieu of both how high and push

that song is severely underrated, in my not so humble opinion

7 hours ago, peter said:

That was the original plan, supposedly, but then she ran out of time and wasn’t able to film it, apparently. (Someone once described the concept of Madonna climbing in heels...? Maybe. If I’m recalling correctly.)

Maybe you already knew that, though? Jusy mentioning it in case someone else reading hadn’t ever read that rumor.

I cud see how high with a similar video to the sorry remix interlude. Didn’t know about the climbing in heels. Would have been epic.

On 6/6/2018 at 11:35 AM, cocolattee said:

I'm curious to see what song (if any) from MDNA she will pick for her next tours

the only one I can see her do again is the guitar version of TUTR

I like MDNA quite a bit, but I wouldn’t want the singes performed again.

I’m here though for an album track or two being included in future tours. 

Girl gone wild. I’m a sinner. Love spent. Beautiful killer could be perform any times 

I would die for another performance of Get together honestly. 

21 hours ago, peter said:

I could’ve sworn there’s some storyboard drawing the were released out there somewhere. She’s looking in a mirror having her hair and make-up done, they’re really rough sketches. 

43 minutes ago, luluthecat said:

I could’ve sworn there’s some storyboard drawing the were released out there somewhere. She’s looking in a mirror having her hair and make-up done, they’re really rough sketches. 

You might be more correct than me! Here’s what I found (and I think “walking on hills” may have been a language-barrier issue — it was probably supposed to be “heels” — and my memory conflated both) ... I don’t know the source — I just copied and pasted from some other forum. (The original source is probably one of those fan-operated news sites.) The image was not displaying on the forum where I found this. (By the way — I don’t belong to any other forums! I just found this in Google search results by looking for key words related to this.) But that would mean your recollection is correct — there were storyboard sketches. Oddly, I don’t remember seeing those. All I remembered was the erroneous word!! 😆 

<quote>

The plot was there, the storyboard was there but the video was never shot.

Rumors about a video for the song "How High"('Confessions on a Dancefloor') were running around way before the "Confessions Tour" was on the road. Now it's time to put some truth to these stories.

Madonna had 3 potential directors in mind for this project, among them previous tour videos director, Dago Gonzalez and Choreographer Jamie King ('Sorry'). Location was chosen and the sketches for the video were made. The concept, which was divided to 3 parts, presented Madonna getting ready for a show, walking on what seems to be a runway, surrounded by camera flashes.

Here's a brief description of the video by its storyboard:

The video starts with words like 'Fame, 'Fortune', 'Star' etc. running in glitter letters over a black screen. The next shot is Madonna walking on hills; in the frame you only see her legs walking and the camera follows them till it stops and shooting her from the back. In the next part, she sits down in front of a mirror with 4 hands attacking her for make up and hair, while she starts singing "It's funny�". She gets up from her chair, pushes their hands and starts walking in a corridor which leads her to the stage.

Throughout the whole video you see cuttings from tabloids and press showing Paparazzi images, gossip headlines and some tragic events like Princess Diana's car accident.

Due to probably lack of time, this idea was in the end changed and they re-edited the 'Sorry' video for the remix, which made it to the show.

We sure hope she uses this idea in the future!

hh_conceptske001.jpg

Article published by Pan on 2007-03-22

</quote>

15 hours ago, peter said:

You might be more correct than me! Here’s what I found (and I think “walking on hills” may have been a language-barrier issue — it was probably supposed to be “heels” — and my memory conflated both) ... I don’t know the source — I just copied and pasted from some other forum. (The original source is probably one of those fan-operated news sites.) The image was not displaying on the forum where I found this. (By the way — I don’t belong to any other forums! I just found this in Google search results by looking for key words related to this.) But that would mean your recollection is correct — there were storyboard sketches. Oddly, I don’t remember seeing those. All I remembered was the erroneous word!! 😆 

<quote>

Rumors about a video for the song "How High"('Confessions on a Dancefloor') were running around way before the "Confessions Tour" was on the road. Now it's time to put some truth to these stories.

Madonna had 3 potential directors in mind for this project, among them previous tour videos director, Dago Gonzalez and Choreographer Jamie King ('Sorry'). Location was chosen and the sketches for the video were made. The concept, which was divided to 3 parts, presented Madonna getting ready for a show, walking on what seems to be a runway, surrounded by camera flashes.

The video starts with words like 'Fame, 'Fortune', 'Star' etc. running in glitter letters over a black screen. The next shot is Madonna walking on hills; in the frame you only see her legs walking and the camera follows them till it stops and shooting her from the back. In the next part, she sits down in front of a mirror with 4 hands attacking her for make up and hair, while she starts singing "It's funny�". She gets up from her chair, pushes their hands and starts walking in a corridor which leads her to the stage.

Throughout the whole video you see cuttings from tabloids and press showing Paparazzi images, gossip headlines and some tragic events like Princess Diana's car accident.

Due to probably lack of time, this idea was in the end changed and they re-edited the 'Sorry' video for the remix, which made it to the show.

hh_conceptske001.jpg

</quote>

I also heard another reason it wasnt made was cuz it was too similar to hollywood. Also too the original tour video of Bedtime Story was meant to have visuals of her and birds but she told the director no because it was too similar to Love Profusion which is when the horse visual was filmed instead.

On 6/10/2018 at 9:42 AM, peter said:

<quote>

hh_conceptske001.jpg

</quote>

*Sob* I wished we had gotten this. That would have been an epic moment on the Confessions Tour. Just imagined if she resuses the exact same idea and decided to include how high interlude with this exact video as a treat for the fans *drools*

Because tbh they seem hard to fit with any other album tour. Even Hung Up at the Sticky and Sweet tour felt out of place.

5 hours ago, Snoissefnoc said:

Because tbh they seem hard to fit with any other album tour. Even Hung Up at the Sticky and Sweet tour felt out of place.

Agree

Confessions had its own tone

On 6/9/2018 at 4:20 PM, YannBouch said:

I would die for another performance of Get together honestly. 

Yes yes yes PLEASE 

We need another "Give Me All Your Luvin" performance (w/o Nikki & Mia) ! :dramatic: 

Hm. I don't really buy that songs from Confessions couldn't fit into a future setlist. Sure, they fit the tone and theme of that tour, but if anyone can take a song and reinvent it into something else, it's Madonna. 

Jump, Sorry, and Get Together could all have been placed in any number of the last 3 tours segments. 

Christ. Hung Up could sit along side ANY of her other classics if she would just perform the song properly. 

I wish she performs JUMP

I adore that song

great memories!

"Recent" Madonna songs that SHOULD find their way on her tours but were absent in RHT:

HUNG UP

GET TOGETHER

DON'T TELL ME

BEAUTIFUL STRANGER

CELEBRATION

Maybe even AMERICAN PIE

Guest Marco
2 hours ago, Je5u5 said:

"Recent" Madonna songs that SHOULD find their way on her tours but were absent in RHT:

HUNG UP

GET TOGETHER

DON'T TELL ME

BEAUTIFUL STRANGER

CELEBRATION

Maybe even AMERICAN PIE

I'd switch Celebration for What It Feels Like For a Girl. Other than that, I think all these songs should indeed make a comeback.

On 6/3/2018 at 3:45 AM, Vinny said:

Because yet another remix of Candy Shop and doing Like a Prayer, La Isla Bonita and Holiday for the millionth time takes precedence over anything from her most successful, popular and loved album post-Music.

Your damn right about that! :madgemanson:

All jokes aside, I think Sorry has a good shot at appearing on the next tour. It's the most empowering and political song and she's in a rather political mood rn, so who knows.

On 6/29/2018 at 7:56 PM, Je5u5 said:

HUNG UP

GET TOGETHER

DON'T TELL ME

BEAUTIFUL STRANGER

CELEBRATION

Maybe even AMERICAN PIE

Anything from Ray of Light minus the title track

Beautiful Stranger

American Pie

Don't Tell Me

What It Feels Like for a GIrl

American Life

Hollywood

Nothing Fails

Love Profusion

Sorry

Get Together

4 Minutes

Give It 2 Me

Bring back ROL rock version only crappier

bring back Hung Up rock version only shorter

Seriously, we need a proper DIE ANOTHER DAY performance. The one from RIT was fine but since there's no DVD it's basically forgotten apart from the leaked professional video. The song is very, VERY well known worldwide. 

MDNA: Love Spent or I m Addicted or Beautiful Killer could fit any M tour list.

COADF: Jump is a must, Get Together is a must, HU is a must, FLovers/FLove are must. Any song from COADF (minus Push) is a must and can fit any M tour list.

I think American Life will come back for sure

20 hours ago, nobelson said:

Seriously, we need a proper DIE ANOTHER DAY performance. The one from RIT was fine but since there's no DVD it's basically forgotten apart from the leaked professional video. The song is very, VERY well known worldwide. 

I want a propper Die another day also, and so many songs from the great American Life album. It is tragic how she has ignored it on tour.