Bat-Fan

MDNA or Rebel Heart Tour?

MDNA or Rebel Heart Tour?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Better?

• MDNA Tour
    • Rebel Heart Tour

17 hours ago, Bat-Fan said:

I am so surprised MDNA is scoring so much better, is high budget mega-stage with amazing props better than a show where the music is actually good? MDNA looks amazing, love the theatrical aspect, but the music is zzzzzz. I can not love a concert if the music is not exciting, no matter the price of production.

Spectacle is still expected (and appreciated) at a Madonna show. As for the music, I don't see what was so different between them both. Same old musical director pressing a few buttons on pro tools.

Rebel Heart is the closest she's come to replicating the intimacy of Girlie Show.

1 hour ago, Kim said:

Spectacle is still expected (and appreciated) at a Madonna show. As for the music, I don't see what was so different between them both. Same old musical director pressing a few buttons on pro tools.

It probably has to do with tha fact I am not a fan of the MDNA album but liked RH so that may be it, it doesnt help that the MDNA is documented in the form of the worst DVD concert film in history. I agree with you about the director pressing a few bottons, same musical director but I do appreciate that the old songs on RH were more faithful to the original versions, but yes, RH was a bit flat and really lacked spectacle that she is known for. Maybe next tour ☺

MDNA! :wow:

MDNA obviously. Unfortunately I could not see it live and the DVD edition is so wack. Neverthless MDNA was groundbreaking on so many levels. Firstly, it revolutionized stage design and scenography. Then you got the crazy backdrop and visuals from the Moment Factory. On top of that, Madonna delivered and killed it. From awesome choreos to slow intimate moment like when she sings Love Spent and LAV. Moreover, you can really appreaciate the production value on I'm a sinner: a simple acustic performance that can be so fun to watch. Epic opening and epic closing performance. The highlight is difficult to find. The MDNA slays all around. 

On the other hand, I've been to RHT and hated the small crowd atmosphere. Everyone was so obssesd to record with their phones instead of making real connection like in a stadium crowd. The show was good, but many performances were kinda lacking of the usual high-energy Madonna's standards. In particular she kinda avoid shaking her ass too much. Not many epic choreos and Candy Shop was a show killer. Awful song and awful performance. The closing with Holiday seemed like a cheap version of the closing of the Reinvention Tour. Not to mention the all flags wearing concept was so badly done. The RHT it is easyly Madonna's worst tour to date imo.

Rebel Heart is too close to what I imagine her Vegas retrospective to be like

On 5/31/2018 at 7:15 AM, Martin B. said:

At the technical level, it's obviously MDNA.  The show is sumptuous and energetic.

But RHT has the great setlist, the intimacy and warmth of the performer. In addition, this is Madonna's first show during which I shed a tear (during True Blue). For all these reasons, RHT is my choice.

I agree... the opening and the first act of MDNA is to die for seeing live... but when it comes to set list it's RHT that wins... 

On 8/26/2018 at 5:15 AM, rocknrolla said:

Rebel Heart is too close to what I imagine her Vegas retrospective to be like

She will never do that.

MDNA, though RH is close and I had my best/ most memorable Madonna concert experiences with RHT.

On 5/30/2018 at 7:15 PM, Martin B. said:

At the technical level, it's obviously MDNA.  The show is sumptuous and energetic.

But RHT has the great setlist, the intimacy and warmth of the performer. In addition, this is Madonna's first show during which I shed a tear (during True Blue). For all these reasons, RHT is my choice.

I agree completely with everything you said.

RHT for me (saw it twice in my hometown Puerto Rico) although MDNA is pretty close... (the first section is EPiC and loved her Vogue and Express Yourself renditions!)

Rebel Heart . I saw both shows live and she looked like she enjoy herself more on RH tour and she came to Bangkok for the first time . 

It was amazing .