MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
acko

The Wonderful Michel Laprise talks MDNA

This guy is just all-round wonderfull and full of respect towards M.

He already said multiple times he wants 2 work with her again.

Sorry 4 those who don't speak french. I did a little paraphrase.

'Opening night was very special. There are fans from the four corners
of the world to whom the show means everything.'

'Madonna is a complete artist. She is 360 degrees. Involved in every aspect,
you can talk to her about cinema, contemporary Russian dance, literature etc.., she's
always reading something and she's always doing something. She doesn't 'wait'
in between things'.

'She wanted the first part of the show 2 b really violent and dark. Because she had
been through a lot since her last tour, with the divorce and all... . At one point I asked her
if maybe we should include just one piece that was more 'dancey' or 'up'. And she just said: 'No.''

'I'm fascinated by celebrities, but with cirque du soleil it's about creating art, it's not commercial,
even though we sell a lot of tickets. With Madonna it's the same, she's a TRUE ARTIST.'

I love the bit where he talks about getting a personally encoded Ipod 4 the superbowl performance,
2 months before the album release, with a voice saying Michel Laprise over the music.
He was 1st asked 2 present ideas without hearing the music.  

This is fantastic!

:wow:

@acko Thanks, ackito, for the translation! I don’t understand French, but I appreciate your attempt to give us ignorant folks* a sense of his admiration for M.

I get the sense that, like JPG, she might not want to overuse some talented collaborators (and, from a pragmatic angle, she probably balks at the price tag for every tour — with JPG, it seems to work out to every other tour, and perhaps Laprise might be tapped again for the next outing).

*Makes me think of: “For those of you who have been mercifully spared the rigors of intelligence, that’s French for ‘I am the Empress’ ...” Hadn’t listened to that in such a long time, and re-visited it last week. “Quelle bonne idée!”

@peter ur welcome darling, he's just so full of love & admiration. The passionn 4 the work shines through.

I personally feel she hit a new high with MDNA, in spite of the fact that the album is WEAK.

Love him, love his work with M. I'd say she NEEDS to get him back for the next outing, but we all know it's all about the money rather than the artistry these days.... but I live in hope.

Amazing! Thank you for this. And I agree, she needs to round up all the best collaborators she's had!