MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sotos8

Is MDNA tour her best ever?

It's the most artistic for sure .The lighting ,the video projections, the choreography are miles ahead 

Plus she's looking fierce 

No, but it's still a fantastic tour.

It is visually pleasing but musically rather boring, minus few tracks, but MDNA was not her strongest album. Production of the tour was fantastic.

visually yes, song choice no. But I do love the entrance, its the BEST !!!!

And I love Like A Prayer, one of the best versions ever.

It’s definitely very near the top! 

My personal favorite tours are Confessions, MDNA, & DWT...

No... I don't think a tour can be her best without the actual musical aspect of it being great... Sure, the stage is amazing, but there are barely any live instruments, too many backing tracks, etc... Wish it was more like The Girlie Show, with actual live musicians, it would give the music so much more depth.

It maybe her most photogenic tour.

But the stage was too small and the setlist doesnt work for a big crowd

25 minutes ago, Starman said:

It maybe her most photogenic tour.

But the stage was too small and the setlist doesnt work for a big crowd

the stage was too smal?!

Like others have said. Visually probably but that setlist and song arrangements just bring it down. 

Visually speaking yes.

But the setlist... YIKES.

2 hours ago, V.K said:

the stage was too smal?!

Yes I think it was too small and separate from the crownd.

4 hours ago, V.K said:

the stage was too smal?!

the scale didn't work very well in stadiums did it?

Visually, yes, but not overall. MDNA was not the strongest album and the setlist could've used some twitching, IMHO.

16 minutes ago, loowee said:

the scale didn't work very well in stadiums did it?

It did not. Especially in an open-air venue like I saw it in. Maybe if the V-stage was bigger and longer, but it not being the case, I would've preferred a runway.

Confessions was probably the only adequate stadium sized stage yet

image.png

image.png

image.png

I think musically MDNA tour was decent.  I appreciated that she had the balls to perform celebration and revolver, even though in person I might have been annoyed.

She picked  a lot of my favorites off MDNA, and I liked the new slowed down version of Love Spent.  The Justify my Love and Erotic Candy shop remixes were excellent. I liked the Born this way mash up as well. 

So nearly everything worked for me.   

No it's not.

NO WAY 

tumblr_inline_mwhv9kL6ev1srtz1m.gif

The best one? That wouldn't explain all the downcast, dispirited people after the show :lol:

The set list was a mess, and almost the whole show was dubbed. There were some great performances though. But it pales in comparison to other tours like the GS or DW, or Confessions, which are much more artistic, to me anyway. MDNA certainly is more flashy, but it lacked an emotional connection.

I don't know, it looks massive to me. Didn't they have a different sized stage for arenas? 

MDNA tour is cold and calculated, emotionless but with high production value so no, no way the best.

the most "artistic" one in my eyes is DWT
I consider MDNA tour to be the most ambitious in terms of production... I mean the stage alone is so elaborate
and the lighting is amazing too

I've seen all the tours from DWT-RH live and MDNA is my favorite. Although the late starts increased as the tour progressed, the show itself improved as she got more and more comfortable with it. She worked her ass off on this show. Anyone not impressed with her on this tour is jaded and that's a fact not an opinion. 

I don't listen to the noise of "dispirited" people after her shows because that's usually casual fans that want The Immaculate Collection live. That's never going to happen. The tour I heard the most complaints when leaving is DWT yet that's one of her most impressive tours ever. It's just noise.....hopefully those people WON'T be returning on the next tour. I heard complaints about lack of hits when leaving MDNA but I've heard that after every show I've attended. As long as she tries to remain a "current" artist, those complaints will remain. Who cares really? The fact is, more people are raving about her show when leaving than complaining and that's true for any show of hers I've ever attended.

The one thing I do wish she'd get in check though are those late starts. I could care less but it is hurting her at this point. Her rating on Ticketmaster is far lower than it should be considering she's one of the best live performers EVER......and if you read through the comments, most of the lower ratings are attributed to the late starts.

just imagine how good it would have been if the music was amazing.. and with that, I mean the mixing/the band. just the musicality.. visually it's ON POINT

Visually? Yes.  I've always felt it was a mix of BA, BS and DWT rolled into one.  A true masterpiece.  Sure, the setlist could have been a little better, but she did justice to some of her biggest hits like "Express Yourself", "Vogue" and "Like a Prayer".....although "Vogue" could have included the bridge.

The staging, choreography, and the entrance are just brilliant and intense.  While I loved the Rebel Heart tour, it just didn't compare for me. 

Definitely not. Not even close, really.

The visual components of the show were admittedly stunning, but the musical components were perhaps her all-time worst. The band and music production are just so bad that they really can't even be compared to M's 1987-2001 shows. Antunes is bush league and he's holding her back in a bad, bad way.

More subjectively, I think the setlist was a mess. But if we're looking strictly at the artistic components of the show, then really it's the band and music director that need to be discussed.

I don’t really care that GP complained about the set list or that it was too dark. Many just want her to perform all her hits, especially from the eighties. Madonna put forth a strong effort to perform her latest material while her peers are basically nostalgic acts.

It was spectacular.

In terms of staging it’s the one of the best tours ever produced period! 

Great production doesnt make a great tour if the music isnt great. It is supposed to be mostly about the music, yes I love the huge expensive production and all that but when I watch the DVD I usually skip most of the performances and put on my blond ambition DVD in the end.