MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sotos8

Is MDNA tour her best ever?

4 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

Great production doesnt make a great tour if the music isnt great. It is supposed to be mostly about the music, yes I love the huge expensive production and all that but when I watch the DVD I usually skip most of the performances and put on my blond ambition DVD in the end.

Right. Visual production is only half the show M is creating. Music production is the other half, and MDNA is frankly terrible in this regard.

In my opinion it's her worst but each to their own I guess.

In my opinion her best tour is either Confessions or BAT. MDNA is great though, but there were some problems with the singing. The dancing on her part was one of her best, very energetic/physically demanding tour and she looked amazing.

5 minutes ago, elijah said:

In my opinion her best tour is either Confessions or BAT. MDNA is great though, but there were some problems with the singing. The dancing on her part was one of her best, very energetic/physically demanding tour and she looked amazing.

She looked amazing, the costumes looked amazing, her changing hairstyle was amazing, the stage, lighting and projections were amazing, only thing not amazing was the music. 

6 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

She looked amazing, the costumes looked amazing, her changing hairstyle was amazing, the stage, lighting and projections were amazing, only thing not amazing was the music. 

It was her most magnificent tour to promote her least magnificent album.

That always felt so ironic to me! 

15 minutes ago, Confessit said:

It was her most magnificent tour to promote her least magnificent album.

That always felt so ironic to me! 

Well said.

Yes. Absolutely.

Definately. It has all the things we love about Madonna and her DNA. Religion, sex and violence with glamour and fashion. She also danced like I've never seen her dance before, she truly put a show together and told a story of darkness to light. I mean that opening of GGW and ending with I'm A Sinner/Like a Prayer? Brilliant. Celebration felt like an encore and was cute. The only thing that was kinda meh were the costumes. Other the opening section and Masc/Fem section the costumes left alot to be desired.

I second what everyone has been saying. The production value of MDNA is just breathtaking. Had the music matched that, it probably would've been her most lauded shows since BA. But the fact is, the music WAS NOT good. The setlist was complete shit. The vocals were tinny and small when they weren't backing tracks. The entire show was just so....cold. 

Still, the worst Madonna concert is still one of the best shows I'll ever see. At the time, I thoroughly enjoyed it. But when the dust settled and I had time to contrast and compare the other Madonna concerts I've seen, this one is dead last.  

For me the tour is special because Night 1 she pointed a gun right at me and winked. Night 2 she touched my hand. Front row in the golden triangle both nights. The opening is one of her best. But the song choice was shit. It did have great renditions of LAP, V, EY, LS. She looked FANTASTIC! And those late starts were bad for business. 

She needs to do a GH tour just to give casuals what they want and to put her back in their good graces. I think her legacy is suffering atm.

In terms of choreography and production values it ranks among her best.

However, it's bogged down by shaky vocals and an underwhelming set list.

No

staging and visuals are amazing but the set list is too disjointed and for me I just didn’t connect to it at all. 

That is the thing, it is so cold and difficult to connect to, I feel a chill when watching it and not in a good way.

The best production ever and the shittiest setlist ever.

I would have made some tweaks here and there set list wise.

Sorry instead of that terrible Hung Up version.

Slightly slowed down Burning Up instead of Erotic Candy Shop

Bad Girl instead of Like a Virgin

Beautiful Stranger/Deeper And Deeper/Music instead of I'm A Sinner

Anything instead of Turn Up The Radio lol

Ugh that tour really killed her touring momentum, literally the whole US witnessed a messy setlist, a cold environment and a late Madonna lol

Still love her to bits.

Oddly enough, this seems to be the one tour that I can throw on and anyone that's over remains glued to the screen for the whole show. For whatever reason, that just doesn't happen with the other tours. Mind you, these aren't diehard fans that are even familiar with the MDNA album. This show really is almost like watching a movie. Cinema come to life.

I do agree with one thing, the music itself (not the setlist, I'm perfectly fine with that) is definitely not the best in this tour.....honestly, that's been the case since her "comeback" to touring in '01. I don't think she's had a really great band since Girlie Show. It's all been too "canned" since then. With that said, the MDNA Express Yourself is a HUGE improvement (in all aspects) to the RIT version and I do like how LAP stays somewhat true to the original version.

Imagine that epic and majestic opening with an actual killer song like LAP or Frozen or even Papa Don’t Preach ... 

Its my second favorite opening after Confessions. It definitely would be my nr one with a better song. 

I think it was a fantastic tour, but not her best.