Madonna’s image for the MDNA Rose Mist era

1 hour ago, Katypatra said:

Im tired of Mert and Markus to be honest. Their photography feels like it’s lacking something or just not quiet there. It’s as if they’re trying too hard. Even this Vogue Italia concept could have turned out better! She looks drop dead gorgeous in the behind the scenes video of the photo shoot, yet the photos are lacking something. Even when it’s flowers, horses and kids as the main concept, Mert and Markus seem like they still tried to make Madonna look dark. Annoying. 

I kind of see that, but dont think its just them but more of the fact that its all her same team behind the scenes

13 hours ago, Rugbyguy said:

She's had this look for the last two years tho.

How exactly? I mean I didn't see any look remotely similar to this for an album cover/ photo booklet (closest would be Bedtime Stories).

Also, while hardcore fans might follow her every step, looking at outtakes from magazines, candid photos etc., the general public couldn't care less so a look for an album era (including the album, promo, videos etc.) is a complete different thing and reaches far more people and I think people deserve to see her looking like this 🙂 But each to their own of course.

Edited by Substitute4Me

7 hours ago, dollhouse said:

its the album artwork, shes doin full African theme

You may be right. This looks very magic to me. 

45A94F48-C1B4-4D2A-B390-3C49E3C2EF86.jpeg

1 hour ago, Mat.Guy said:

She would be dragged by the cultural appropriation patrol!

Fuck those people! It’s time we all celebrate each other’s cultures! 

1 hour ago, luluthecat said:

......so Bea Åkerlund is out there too, she’s tagged Luigi & Iango......could mean something......or she could just be out there celebrating Ms birthday.

Luigo and Lango are there too..they are all close friends..

12 hours ago, Katypatra said:

Fuck those people! It’s time we all celebrate each other’s cultures! 

That's what I think! I would die for an African themed album!

:Disco_Ball:

On 8/16/2018 at 4:01 AM, luluthecat said:

......so Bea Åkerlund is out there too, she’s tagged Luigi & Iango......could mean something......or she could just be out there celebrating Ms birthday.

It's cause she styled M's birthday outfits!! And she did a beautiful job!

42 minutes ago, shelita-buffet said:

It's cause she styled M's birthday outfits!! And she did a beautiful job!

Hopefully they’re collaborating for the album campaign. I loved M’s birthday look!! Bea is certainly more “outthere” when it comes to styling over Arianne. 

1 hour ago, luluthecat said:

Hopefully they’re collaborating for the album campaign. I loved M’s birthday look!! Bea is certainly more “outthere” when it comes to styling over Arianne. 

Agreed! I don’t like Arianne’s art that much to be honest. 

3 hours ago, shelita-buffet said:

Funny, I recall a lot of fans not being big fans of Bea's work (Hard Candy, Jump, Celebration). I enjoy her work. But I also love Arianne as well. They both offer 2 different ideas to the table.

Yes, I agree. Both have their strengths. I loved the style B created for the Harper’s Bazaar portfolio a few years ago (I won’t mention the photog’s name b/c I’d rather she wouldn’t have, but I’m sure Bazaar probably used him exclusively at that time or something). I agree that B’s work can be a little more over-the-top than Arianne’s. I think fans have not always appreciated the extremes of her work. Me included, on occasion. 

Arianne’s work is usually wonderful — sometimes her designs for M’s tour costumes don’t stand up to the bold and captivating designs of other designers (like Gaultier, for example) — but as a *stylist* she always nails it. Especially in rounding out the looks of the ensemble — the back-up dancers’ looks/styles/costumes always work cohesively for the theme of the segment and still allow Madonna to stand out amongst the ensemble. But, yeah, a couple of the costumes she has actually designed haven’t quite reached the glorious heights of iconic status. (One that comes to mind is the final segment of S&ST. That was designed by Arianne, right? I mean, it is serviceable. But not among the best ever, in my opinion.) It’s hard to be showcased next to Gaultier, though, I imagine. On the whole, I love Arianne and no wonder M insists on working with her for film. Her film work is really impeccable. (Tour costumes can be a challenge — if Madonna just had to look amazing, it would be one thing. But she has to move, and she has to be able to change quickly... plus there have to be multiples for eventual wear throughout the duration of the tour, etc.)

Lol seriously people, not everything she does in every moment of her life is tied to the new album. She’s in freaking Morocco having fun for her birthday and is simply teaming with the theme for her looks

On 8/17/2018 at 7:13 PM, Kilt said:

Next tour will have a Moroccan themed section😂

hopefully! instead of gypsy theme that, imo, got tired. 

i’m hoping for a color burst! no matter how much i love seeing her in black (she is, after all, satan of pop 🤘), she looks amazing dressed in vivid and full colors 🌈