Madonna’s image for the MDNA Rose Mist era

1 minute ago, Confessit said:

True but she has used wigs and hair pieces all her career.

Not as much as Cher granted.

Definitely. Ghosttown image was all extensions, but it’s still way more authentic than full on wigs, like Cher or even worse, Crapga. Now I love Cher, but sometimes I wish she’d just do something with her real hair and let it breath lol 

4 minutes ago, Katypatra said:

Definitely. Ghosttown image was all extensions, but it’s still way more authentic than full on wigs, like Cher or even worse, Crapga. Now I love Cher, but sometimes I wish she’d just do something with her real hair and let it breath lol 

Those blonde extensions keep her looking young but I find them abit boring now she’s been wearing them for years but I think the days of major shock-reinventions are over but she has done it all.

Cher is a different type of artist though much more cabaret so the wigs suit her act. 

I thought Gagas yellow wig hair looked cool.

1 hour ago, Confessit said:

Those blonde extensions keep her looking young but I find them abit boring now she’s been wearing them for years but I think the days of major shock-reinventions are over but she has done it all.

Cher is a different type of artist though much more cabaret so the wigs suit her act. 

I thought Gagas yellow wig hair looked cool.

The days or reinvention are not over! Just wait and see.

7 hours ago, Katypatra said:

She either posted an older video just now or she still haven’t touched up her roots 😂

Instagram has her in foil.  Roots are going bye-bye.

19 minutes ago, rayofgod said:

Did this just for fun.. I think a darker/warmer colour makes her look so much softer. The blonde can be so harsh

a.jpg

Okay @Katypatra, I have to apologize--after seeing this I am 100% here for brown hair (even tho it probs won't happen...) 

12 minutes ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

love this comparison pic :wow:

Me too!

9 minutes ago, rayofgod said:

Did this just for fun.. I think a darker/warmer colour makes her look so much softer. The blonde can be so harsh

a.jpg

I prefer the blonde hair with bleached roots when it's done right, I like how it creates a nice contrast with her darker eye brows (very 90s M). 

14 minutes ago, coco said:

Me too!

I prefer the blonde hair with bleached roots when it's done right, I like how it creates a nice contrast with her darker eye brows (very 90s M). 

im down for this look for the new album..no VMA headpieces, PLEASE M

1 hour ago, Maleficent said:

Okay @Katypatra, I have to apologize--after seeing this I am 100% here for brown hair (even tho it probs won't happen...) 

I’m so happy you see it too. ☺️😘😘😘 Yes, the dark hair, will make her look younger. I’m not sure about the past eras, but today, she will look BETTER with dark hair. It will make her look more natural. Her eyes pop out a lot more with darker hair and her face looks more slimmer. The yellow color she goes for these days doesn’t look natural and in my opinion, makes her look washed out and older. So many older women bleach their hair these days, it’s too typical. 

Also!! She has NEVER had really long wavy brown hair. She’s had it dyed black during Ray of Light, but I don’t remember her ever going for long, natural chocolate brown wavy hair like in the edited picture above. The braids look stunning darker color. 

1 hour ago, rayofgod said:

a.jpg

You can see she looks more tired with blonde hair. That’s because it washes out her face and makes her skin look pink. 

4 minutes ago, Katypatra said:

I’m so happy you see it too. ☺️😘😘😘 Yes, the dark hair, will make her look younger. I’m not sure about the past eras, but today, she will look BETTER with dark hair. It will make her look more natural. Her eyes pop out a lot more with darker hair and her face looks more slimmer. The yellow color she goes for these days doesn’t look natural and in my opinion, makes her look washed out and older. So many older women bleach their hair these days, it’s too typical. 

Also!! She has NEVER had really long wavy brown hair. She’s had it dyed black during Ray of Light, but I don’t remember her ever going for long, natural chocolate brown wavy hair. 

Well, in this photo, her face should look A LOT slimmer bc thats a Snapchat Filter that really really really slims your face (especially below the cheekbones)... so it would be great to see this quality edit on a photo from like the met or something (where there are no face alternations) 

45 minutes ago, Maleficent said:

Well, in this photo, her face should look A LOT slimmer bc thats a Snapchat Filter that really really really slims your face (especially below the cheekbones)... so it would be great to see this quality edit on a photo from like the met or something (where there are no face alternations) 

Well, yeah, for sure. But I’m not even reflecting to the photo when I’m saying that darker hair makes a person’s face look slimmer. That’s a fact that applies on a general scale. 

3 hours ago, rayofgod said:

a.jpg

Wow, the brown hair pic does look nice! And you adjusted the brows and eyes and lip color as well! You seem to know about these things, it looks really good. 

1 hour ago, Katypatra said:

Also!! She has NEVER had really long wavy brown hair. She’s had it dyed black during Ray of Light, but I don’t remember her ever going for long, natural chocolate brown wavy hair like in the edited picture above. The braids look stunning darker color. 

The Power of Good-bye says “hello!” That was chocolate brunette. It was black (and straight) for the geisha look surrounding Nothing Really Matters.

I don’t dislike her darker hair, for the record. But I think it needs to be for a purpose at this point in her life, and it’s more likely she’d wear a wig (as she has done in recent years — like the punk Met look, for example). I don’t know. I think the folks who say “the days of the radical hairstyle changes are behind her” are probably right.

You did a nice job with the photo, though.

(Can I make one slightly curmudgeonly request? Can we quit saying her hair is “yellow”? Please? It is NOT yellow. It is blonde. Yellow is the color “she who shall not be named” sometimes has worn her hair — like in the “Telephone” video, I think, or something or other. Madonna has worn her hair pink, but not yellow. Rant over.)

I just saw the Japanese video for the Clean Bandit feat Demi Lovato track Solo and she needs to work with that director, Really fresh style and beautiful imagery! I reaaaaaaallly love this!!!

4 hours ago, robster said:

I just saw the Japanese video for the Clean Bandit feat Demi Lovato track Solo and she needs to work with that director, Really fresh style and beautiful imagery! I reaaaaaaallly love this!!!

Thanks for sharing this! Love this so much more than the other video that was released first. The geisha’s styling reminds me a little of Madonna’s in “Paradise (Not for Me)” and some of the choreography reminds me of Aya and Bambi. So, all good associations! And, yes, the direction is pretty fresh. A little disorienting on a first watch, but it’s worth a few repeated viewings.

6 hours ago, robster said:

I wish!

1 hour ago, CalinB said:

Well, I no longer think a Madonna song featuring both Nicki Minaj and Cardi B is still in the works. 🙂

Zero class. Trash. Just like the message they’re trying to convey in their music.